PDA

View Full Version : JP to PAL (via usb mem chip)

Zaneatron
Sep 26, 2003, 02:13 PM
i really want to get ep3 when its released in japan, and seeing i live in england it would be ages until the UK release. so i planned on getting the JP version of the game and saving my chars on either: a normal mem card and then transferring it via a usb card (ive been told this can be done by a friend (shimarisu)) then transferring it to another memcard for a pal game so i can then take my JP version back and use a Uk copy and get my HL over the pair of games. or: is it possible to just put the chars straight onto a usb mem card and use that over the piar of games (formattign problems?)
if anybody understood that, id take my hat off to you if i was wearing one, but otherwise any help would be much appreciated.

Link00seven
Sep 26, 2003, 07:28 PM
If your GC can play JP games to begin with, you'd be better off getting JP PSO EpI&II V1.1 and JP PSO EpIII, then your only paying $12 every 3 months.

Thats what I did.

Also, your plan probably wont work. Even if your transfer the JP EpIII data to a PAL memory card, the games file is still in JP format. You'd have to find out how to convert it.

Zaneatron
Sep 27, 2003, 02:40 AM
well if a get a jp version of ep3 an ep1&2 (mabye plus) would i be able to use my current characters on my current mem card? or wold they need to be on a jp formatted card? ahhhhh so complicated

Android8968
Sep 27, 2003, 01:44 PM
I know the HL will be transfered to Episode 3 but what if I have a US HL and get a JP Ep.3? Will it matter or will I have to pay sepretly? And If i get pso plus will i be ale to transfer my US PSO save over?

Jack
Sep 28, 2003, 07:37 AM
The Hunter's Licence can only be shared with games of the same region. The US save will not carry over to a JP PSO+.