PDA

View Full Version : question is Epi 3 like pokemon tcg lol

Toruxxx
Oct 2, 2003, 02:40 PM
hihi im just wondering ive never played Epi 3 so this question is to the ppl who have is it like pokemon and yu gi oh card games i really hope it isnt at i hate those two things so someone answer my question plz thnx bye.

SolRiver
Oct 2, 2003, 02:45 PM
unfortunately yes... j/k, why dont u check out psow's info page before asking =/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolRiver on 2003-10-02 12:46 ]</font>

Skett
Oct 2, 2003, 04:26 PM
You really think that its like pokemon or yougio (dont care). I say forget all that crap and just think of it as a stratagy game (which it is).

Sunblast
Oct 13, 2003, 07:06 PM
Actually, from what I can tell, it is like one or more of the Yu-gi-Oh! games. The normal game is just card play, but some of them have the whole moving around on the terrain thing, so it could be similar. Actually, since you have one leader and a whoel bunch of followers, it'd be most similar to playing as Arkz.

Black000Moon
Oct 13, 2003, 09:11 PM
In a way it is like yu-gi-HO and pokemon with the stratagy and monsters but other than that ITS KINDA different because you can move characters around and stuff which you can't do in pokecrap and yu-gi-ho (I used to play yu-gi-oh when it came out that card game is crap!just like all other card games but pso3)

The_DF_Clan
Oct 14, 2003, 07:24 PM
T-B: because I collect Pokémon-TCG cards for the game, I know enough about this to play with expert strategies and I look tons of previews of the upcoming game: yes, it will be like Ep.3. And I don't say unfortunately: both are great. I know Yu-Gi-Oh a bit, but it interest me less than the other two (even though it looks fun in the GBA game...and there will be one on the GC, but I'm not very aware of it). If I say Machamp (expedition) and Groudon ex (promo), you'll understand why I can take out most of the opponents' arsenals!

Kezay
Oct 30, 2003, 08:22 PM
Actually Pokemon and Yu Gi Oh TCG's are very good games...I've been playing Pokemon since I was in 8th grade and I am currently in my Freshman year of college...although I don't play as much.
Also, Machamp Expedition as well as Groudon EX are horrible...all EX cards other than Gardevoir, Kyogre, Raichu and Mewtwo are playable...

Anyway back to the topic. PSO doesn't look to play like that since you have the ability to move...if anything it will more or less resemble Yu Gi Oh Dungeon Dice Monsters...but you shouldn't let resemblances stop you...

RavenTW
Nov 16, 2003, 09:14 AM
It's a cross between Magic: The Gathering and Yugioh: Dungeon Dice Monsters. You use up attack points to play cards (Magic), and then you use them to move and attack (DDM).

Skett
Nov 18, 2003, 03:30 PM
Being a retired-pokemon TGC player, I can say say that while Ep. 3 seems Pokemon-ish, It doesnt have the same vibe. If you dont like Yugioh or Pokemon, just think of it like Advance Wars with little arenas and cards. Besides, if you dont like any card games, there is a big chance you wont like Ep. 3. Thats fine, Ep. 1&2 wont be fading away for awhile.