PDA

View Full Version : Rush Limbaugh NFL Comments

NKOTB
Oct 3, 2003, 08:57 AM
I would like to know why are people so upset about Rush Limbaugh saying Donovan McNabb is overrated because he is black? That may or may not be true, I don't know.
Here is my problem.
When some Democrats and US Courts say that black people are too stupid to know how to vote, there is no uproar.
Which leads me to believe:
People are using this just as an excuse to attack a popular conservative.
What is funny about this, is that I think from what I have heard, it has made Rush more popular and his audience may actually increase.

pancakebunny
Oct 3, 2003, 03:27 PM
omg wtf bbq....dude...rush limbaugh was wayyyyy out of line when he said mcnabb was overrated because he was black....i mean its 2003...people cant say that anymore

jt
Oct 3, 2003, 03:38 PM
and are u black??? how bout some of us never even heard that black people cant vote cause they are too dumb... if u believe that, then maybe ur dum? u shoudl really try and look at it from a black persons point of view

pixelate
Oct 4, 2003, 12:06 AM
Maybe he was just woozy from painkillers.

Guile
Oct 4, 2003, 02:12 AM
People just love to make big deals when it comes to talking about race.

NKOTB
Oct 4, 2003, 02:56 PM
On 2003-10-03 13:38, jt wrote:
and are u black??? how bout some of us never even heard that black people cant vote cause they are too dumb... if u believe that, then maybe ur dum?

1. It doesn't matter what color I am, but thanks for asking.
2. I DO NOT agree that black people are too dumb to vote. Unfortunately, the Democratic party has been making that allegation for the last couple years. I think its a goddam disgrace to think something that stupid. I only brought it up to show the hypocrisy behind calling Rush a racist for saying Mcnabb was overrated, but I never hear anyone complain about people that argue blacks are too dumb too vote.

Inu_Ranma
Oct 4, 2003, 03:19 PM
When, exactly, has the Democratic party said that? I'm just curious, and am generally moderate, myself.

NKOTB
Oct 4, 2003, 03:39 PM
Here are stories:
http://www.calnews.com/archives/contreras161.htm

http://newsberkeley.com/articles/index.cfm?artOID=47452&cp=207

----------
"The California NAACP announced today that it will file a lawsuit to push the recall election back a month in an effort to create fairness for the state's poor and minority voters.

California NAACP President Huffman said that her group is suing to delay the recall election to November because as it stands black voters would be disenfranchised and the state could see confusion reminiscent of the 2000 Florida vote."
-----------

Inu_Ranma
Oct 4, 2003, 03:47 PM
Pardon again, but that looks much more like the last couple months, not the last couple years. It's also the NAACP, which is ironic in itself, but is not directly affiliated with the Democratic party.

NKOTB
Oct 4, 2003, 04:13 PM
I just re-read what i wrote, and I should have said "members of the Democratic party".

And even though the news story is from the last month, if you read it, the NAACP cites incidents from 2000.

To clarify, members of the Democratic party have been claiming for at least 3 years now, that black people are too stupid to vote.

Morfos
Oct 4, 2003, 09:02 PM
"The California NAACP announced today that it will file a lawsuit to push the recall election back a month in an effort to create fairness for the state's poor and minority voters.

California NAACP President Huffman said that her group is suing to delay the recall election to November because as it stands black voters would be disenfranchised and the state could see confusion reminiscent of the 2000 Florida vote."

Thats because that voting system often doesn't work in poor areas, the Democrats never said blacks are too dumb to vote. Actually, nobody said they were to dumb to vote.

People are using this just as an excuse to attack a popular conservative.

Of course, because he is the village idiot. He also said on his radio station once, "who cares what blacks think, they are 13% of the population." Of course he is getting in trouble because he is a popular idiot! Why do you think they tried to impeach Clinton, because he lied? I don't think so, it was because of the "D" in front of his name.

NKOTB
Oct 4, 2003, 09:41 PM
On 2003-10-04 19:02, Morfos wrote:
Why do you think they tried to impeach Clinton, because he lied? I don't think so, it was because of the "D" in front of his name.

Who the hell is "they"?

Maybe you should read the report by the independent counsel which explains the reasons for impeachment.

http://www.house.gov/judiciary/7grounds.htm

The "D" (which actually appears nowhere in Clintons name) only determined how people voted.

Cowboy
Oct 5, 2003, 10:04 AM
have only one thing to say...

A white man, a homosexual, a black man, and a white woman all apply for a job. All are equally qualified. Who gets the boot?

NKOTB
Oct 6, 2003, 02:44 AM
Back on subject.

I have read sports writers and heard on tv commentators say things like "He should have said it about Kordell Stewart". They say that after they criticize Rush for being a racist and call him an idiot.

Well, by saying he should have said it about Kordell, you are also agreeing with Rush that the media did want to see a black QB succeed. You turn the issue away from race, and on to an individual.

Inu_Ranma
Oct 6, 2003, 09:47 AM
Mmm...thanx for clarifying before, KNOTB.
I guess that the core of this is that even if Linbaugh did think this, it was a very tactless thing for him to say. Keep in mind here that while a very small percentage of the voting population is black, a very, very large percentage of the football-watching population (in CA, at least) is black. That makes all the difference in the world because that's many more people to get angry over it (and the black voters did formally protest the comments recently made by CA Democrats with the support of NAACP. It was brushed off.)

Dangerous55
Oct 8, 2003, 04:28 PM
On 2003-10-05 08:04, Tracon wrote:
have only one thing to say...

A white man, a homosexual, a black man, and a white woman all apply for a job. All are equally qualified. Who gets the boot?

Whitey McMan