PDA

View Full Version : Bratz

Reenee
Oct 3, 2003, 11:11 AM
They're plastic, they're slutty, and they were most likely inspired by mainstream rap/hip hop music that annoys the hell out of people nowadays.

They're pretty damn annoying too, with their obnoxiously huge lips. Yes, it's that notable feature that gives them that crappy trademark. This is quite the stereotype; and I'm sure it's a great way to raise a 9-year old girl by putting make up all over her face to resemble more of a clown, but with clothes a prostitute would wear. This series of dolls is nothing but Barbie with "ghetto" slapped all over it. And it also inspired a crappy rip-off of it.

polishedweasel
Oct 3, 2003, 12:07 PM
It sells? I wouldn't know. I haven't been to a toy store in ages. I think that maybe it's good that other people can make some money too, instead of Mattel whoring it all. Right?

NKOTB
Oct 3, 2003, 02:06 PM
I say GOD bless everything that is making girls look better now than they did when I was in school.

Bradicus
Oct 3, 2003, 02:52 PM
I saw a new barbie commercial a while back. Barby Flavour (the real ghetto barbie)

*shakes head*
when will it end? At such early ages, children are exposed to what society wants them to be. Boys have huge muscle bound army guys, and girls have dolls wearing "mature" outfits, and perfect figures.

monkeyfist
Oct 3, 2003, 03:48 PM
shessh. what next??

Reenee
Oct 3, 2003, 05:17 PM
Note to Mattel: counterattack with Goth Barbie.

Dime
Oct 3, 2003, 05:28 PM
Goth barbie should be 220 pounds and with skidmarks

Demongirl
Oct 3, 2003, 05:34 PM
time to find out if kids are changed by their dolls

Bradicus
Oct 3, 2003, 06:01 PM
What? shut up or ill blow your ass up!
http://www.ypsitoys.com/Joe/Joe018.jpg

OniTatsujin
Oct 3, 2003, 06:14 PM
Goth Barbie
or Vampire Barbie....

Ryo_Hayasa
Oct 3, 2003, 07:29 PM
your all idiots, the newest Barbie is SO gonna be
Hobo Barbie, with ...err... folk tale story telling action....yeah
and it's action phase would be
"give me a dollar.."
or
"i need a sponge bath"

Ryu-Tatsu
Oct 5, 2003, 07:05 AM
On 2003-10-03 17:29, Ryo_Hayasa wrote:
your all idiots, the newest Barbie is SO gonna be
Hobo Barbie, with ...err... folk tale story telling action....yeah
and it's action phase would be
"give me a dollar.."
or
"i need a sponge bath"

LMAO!!!

OniTatsujin
Oct 5, 2003, 11:35 AM
lol!!!

Axispoint
Oct 5, 2003, 08:00 PM
On 2003-10-03 16:01, Bradicus wrote:
What? shut up or ill blow your ass up!
*GI Joe Extreme box*

Jeez, what happened to regular GI Joe? Now they have to be "Extreme"?

My sister used to have a bunch of barbie dolls and I always hated barbie. I liked Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (I'm talking the old 80's figures, not the new stuff). Anyone remember Jem or Gem or however it was spelled? Old 80's cartoon (enemies were the Misfits)? My sister used to have a Jem (Gem) doll that the earrings lit up. I got a hold of it one day. Was swinging it around by the hair and the head came off *puts hand over mouth* oops! My sis was so mad at me, but I look back on it and it was funny, heheh.

Though there is the fact that when I was little I took a cat and was swinging it around by it's tail, but eh, I was a stupid kid, what can I say? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Bradicus
Oct 5, 2003, 09:20 PM
Actually, the old G.I. joe was pretty stupid... well, the show was... but at least they didnt look like WWF rejects.

Axispoint
Oct 5, 2003, 09:30 PM
On 2003-10-05 19:20, Bradicus wrote:
Actually, the old G.I. joe was pretty stupid... well, the show was... but at least they didnt look like WWF rejects.

lol, very true. And the only reason I took notice of your pic is because nearly everything now is "extreme" or "xtreme". It gets old.