PDA

View Full Version : Ok..

Uncle_bob
Oct 3, 2003, 08:45 PM
Suppose someone in the future went back in time and killed my mother before I was born, shouldn't that mean I wouldn't be here? or something..fok you.

Dime
Oct 3, 2003, 08:51 PM
They probably just ended up fondling I guess...

Uncle_bob
Oct 3, 2003, 08:52 PM
That means some of you wouldn't exist either...wow.

Bradicus
Oct 3, 2003, 10:15 PM
canadians are immune to temperal distortion. Extensive hockey playing, mixed with maple syrope has caused the time space material to loop in canada. This means that i AM your mother.

Asuka_chan
Oct 4, 2003, 12:47 AM
On 2003-10-03 18:45, Uncle_bob wrote:
Suppose someone in the future went back in time and killed my mother before I was born, shouldn't that mean I wouldn't be here? or something..fok you.

Not possible. If your mother was killed before you were born, then the future would be totally different. Say YOU killed you mother by accident. You wouldn't just cease to exist, because then you couldn't have made that trip in the first place! ^^ I love paradoxes. I read too much Dean Koontz.

Reenee
Oct 4, 2003, 01:11 AM
Maybe it's an alternate universe...

Or it could be something overly hilarious and become your own Grandfather, a la Futurama. X3

Uncle_bob
Oct 4, 2003, 10:06 PM
So, if I sent someone back in time and said "Kill mah momma, bish!", they wouldn't be able to kill her for one reason or another, right?

Asuka_chan
Oct 5, 2003, 08:38 AM
Exactly!

Bradicus
Oct 5, 2003, 08:57 AM
I read the Watchers by Koontz... It was a good book, but i can think of five better King books right now.

Logical2u
Oct 5, 2003, 01:37 PM
Theoreticly, yes, but your consciousness would porbably be implanted somewhere's else, with a different memory.

That or the universe would... A: Implode.
B. Be rid of Uncle Bob.
C. get a Headache whatwith the temporal paradoxes and all...

I figure you would just cease to exist and the world would be changed to another of the infinite number of parralel universes.

Or maybe I'd become a lucanion (sp?) master of mathimatics specializing in blackholes in a wheel chair if I think this out too much,

Uncle_bob
Oct 5, 2003, 01:49 PM
Oh...well, what if Uncle Bob interfered with the past to an extent that Uncle Bob is born as a female? Would he still be Uncle Bob or Aunt Bob? Or Aunt something...

Logical2u
Oct 5, 2003, 01:56 PM
On 2003-10-05 11:49, Uncle_bob wrote:
Oh...well, what if Uncle Bob interfered with the past to an extent that Uncle Bob is born as a female? Would he still be Uncle Bob or Aunt Bob? Or Aunt something...

Well, one things for sure, you wouldn't be uncle bob. Unless you were SUPPOSED to interfere.

For every action that has multiple possibilites, another reality is created where the other possibility was explored.

And I really hope we never get time travel, or else I might go insane, what with the 'predestination paradox' junk and jokes... IE: I was supposed to go back in time.

Shattered_weasel
Oct 5, 2003, 02:04 PM
there is no way of time travel because wouldn't we see people from the future

Dime
Oct 5, 2003, 02:04 PM
On 2003-10-05 11:49, Uncle_bob wrote:

If that happened could I play with your boobies?

Uncle_bob
Oct 5, 2003, 04:37 PM
On 2003-10-05 12:04, Dime wrote:

If that happened could I play with your boobies?

You already do.

Dime
Oct 5, 2003, 07:00 PM
You can play with mine too, but the left one is still tender from when it got cut.

Asuka_chan
Oct 7, 2003, 05:11 PM
On 2003-10-05 11:37, Logical2u wrote:
Theoreticly, yes, but your consciousness would porbably be implanted somewhere's else, with a different memory.

BUT! If you were implanted with a different memory, then how could you go back in time from the future in the first place?

Logical2u
Oct 7, 2003, 05:22 PM
What the...?

I'm confused!

Zaneatron
Oct 7, 2003, 05:23 PM
time travel can only be made to a time when time travel devices exist. currently one may exist but it isnt turned on, so time travel cant happen yet.
i think we will only be able to travel backwards in time as well because travelling forwards has somehow been proven impossible.
also if you like star trek (i do) that is abviously all fiction and a bit of fun for the viewer. and especially tachyons. theyre a nice idea but cant work because to sucessfully time travel you need to know the location and speed of the tachyon. and tachyons are hyperdimensional, meaning they exist in many dimensions simultaneously, thus meaning you cant work out there speed or location at the same time. that then means no time travel.
wow, i feel smarter just after typing that.

Mixfortune
Oct 7, 2003, 05:38 PM
Theoretically, a skew in a preexistant timeline would
create a branching timeline with an "alternate reality".
You personally would not be affected, as your current
flow of time remains undistorted. Basically a new
branching timeline would exist from the same origin
point from when events were changed, but basically
the seperate timelines would not be able to
interact after that.

Asuka_chan
Oct 8, 2003, 07:53 AM
... that makes sense... must find a way to argue...

hevymtl
Oct 8, 2003, 11:24 PM
hasnt anyone seen the movie the one? if your mother was killed in that dimension then all the other your moms would get more powerful... making you either some sort of superhero or a dead sperm

Dime
Oct 8, 2003, 11:31 PM
GAINT SPERM !!!

*PRETENDS TO SWIM*

Mixfortune
Oct 9, 2003, 12:29 AM
Corrcet seplling is gud fro yuo!

Dime
Oct 9, 2003, 09:01 PM
A silnge typo dosnet constiute a lack of seplling konwlegde, dumbass.

Dangerous55
Oct 9, 2003, 09:30 PM
You physically wouldnt be able to do it. Like you couldnt pull the trigger, or you couldnt bash her freaking brains in. At least thats what God told me.

Reenee
Oct 9, 2003, 09:36 PM
On 2003-10-09, Dime wrote:
GAINT SPERM !!!

*PRETENDS TO SWIM*

A silnge typo dosnet constiute a lack of seplling konwlegde, dumbass.

Can't...move...parlyzed...BYTHELAUGHTER!