PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Reality TV Shows

Reece
Oct 4, 2003, 05:23 PM
I mean wtf do these shows do? Ruin the particapents lifes is what it does. Take the Race to the Altar show. It's Mission break people up. Then Joe Millionary. The skanky blonde picks money (Go Figure). I hate these shows let them burn in hell!

OniTatsujin
Oct 4, 2003, 06:17 PM
right on!

monkeyfist
Oct 4, 2003, 06:22 PM
on the bravo channel, there is a series called the reality of reality tv. it's kind of interesting. it goes into how they edit everything to make it intersting to viewers.

its also educational. i learned a guy on survivor went 21 days without "dropping the deuce"

geewj
Oct 4, 2003, 06:48 PM
It's the scum of the TV society, along with court TV and Jerry Springer type shows.

Reece
Oct 4, 2003, 06:48 PM
Dropping the Duce? uh do you mean Master debaiting? lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reece on 2003-10-04 16:49 ]</font>

_Sinue_
Oct 4, 2003, 07:12 PM
I seen a cool reality TV show from over in Russia not too long ago. The show's premis is this. You steal a car - and if you can get away with it, it's yours (Along with some prise money). If the cops bust you.. you go streight to prison for Grand Theft Auto, and get no consolation prize. They had a camera man follow this guy all the way from breaking into the car, hotwiring it, the high speed chase, and the unfortunate capture by police.

On the reality TV shows on now - they's really no dangers or concequences. I think we need to change that.

There's also a flick called Series 7:The Contenders which is pretty good. It's about this reality TV show where 10 or so contestants are all dropped off at different points of the city and have to hunt down and KILL all the other contestants in order to move on to the next round. It's produced like an actual Reality TV show, with interviews and commentaries and all that. Rent it.

Reece
Oct 4, 2003, 07:23 PM
Did the show bail em out? Now thats just a stupid show

_Sinue_
Oct 4, 2003, 07:31 PM
Um.. no.. If you get caught you go to prison. It's kind of the rules of the show. They do let you steal some NICE cars - and they do repair any of the damage you do to your car while trying to make your getaway.

Reece
Oct 4, 2003, 07:43 PM
Oh well other countrys are alot diffrent than the US is

TheDarkRaven
Oct 4, 2003, 08:20 PM
Soon, television will be like that one book "The Running Man." Lots of real death and everyone loving it, but of course you can get that from the news at any time.
-Oh joy. This is my 100th post.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheDarkRaven on 2003-10-04 18:21 ]</font>

Bradicus
Oct 4, 2003, 08:43 PM
I like the Joe schmo show. It is about a guy that thinks he is on a reality TV show, but the other contestants are just actors.

NKOTB
Oct 4, 2003, 08:50 PM
On 2003-10-04 17:12, _Sinue_ wrote:
I seen a cool reality TV show from over in Russia not too long ago. The show's premis is this. You steal a car - and if you can get away with it, it's yours (Along with some prise money). If the cops bust you.. you go streight to prison for Grand Theft Auto, and get no consolation prize. They had a camera man follow this guy all the way from breaking into the car, hotwiring it, the high speed chase, and the unfortunate capture by police.

I wish i had Russian tv!

_Sinue_
Oct 4, 2003, 10:07 PM
Russian and Japaneese TV are about the two most entertaining forms of media out there.

monkeyfist
Oct 4, 2003, 10:46 PM
On 2003-10-04 16:48, Reece wrote:
Dropping the Duce? uh do you mean Master debaiting? lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reece on 2003-10-04 16:49 ]</font>

duece=#2
#2=take a crap
drop a duece=take a crap
21 days til he took a crap. my intestines would implode, then explode.

ssephiroth_da_hunter
Oct 5, 2003, 10:12 PM
DAmn reality shows, theres soo many it makes me want to go throw my tv out the window. When the first real;ity show came out, the first Survivor, I htought it was pretty cool, but now its just way out of hand.

Reece
Oct 6, 2003, 12:00 AM
I like the show on Spike with the Japanese people doing weird things!

xHIGHONLIFEx
Oct 6, 2003, 12:31 AM
MXC!?!?! THat's a great show!!!

Reece
Oct 6, 2003, 12:39 AM
Yea! MXC!!! Did you see the one where they had to jump through walls? There were like chickens too!

RuneLateralus
Oct 6, 2003, 12:43 AM
The only reason we have reality shows is because people in Hollywood are beginning to realize that they can't use the same God damn sitcom every time slot with different actors and names. It just shows how lazy they are and adamant to look at the possible new, but risky, ideas that linger around.

Now all they need to do is create something original, then they will copy that 30 times until it gets old.

Reece
Oct 6, 2003, 12:58 AM
Nice new Sig

LollipopLolita
Oct 6, 2003, 01:57 AM
rune, if they can still milk it, why not right? next it would be the very real reality tv.

anyhow, i stopped watching regular tv when people started putting slugs down their pants.

starhealer
Oct 6, 2003, 02:06 AM
Reality tv could always go the way of Battle Royale...but I'm not sure I'd really like to watch that. It's one thing when it's a movie--it's entirely different if it's real.

And the Japanese have some damn good television shows. I have a couple variety shows of theres and they never fail to entertain me.

googles
Oct 6, 2003, 03:50 AM
On 2003-10-04 18:43, Bradicus wrote:
I like the Joe schmo show. It is about a guy that thinks he is on a reality TV show, but the other contestants are just actors.

yeah that show is FUCKING funny!

Demonslayer
Oct 22, 2003, 03:37 PM
I hate reality tv shows there is no point to them and they take up valuable time form other peoples lives.

Valleo
Oct 24, 2003, 12:04 PM
On 2003-10-05 22:43, RuneLateralus wrote:
The only reason we have reality shows is because people in Hollywood are beginning to realize that they can't use the same God damn sitcom every time slot with different actors and names. It just shows how lazy they are and adamant to look at the possible new, but risky, ideas that linger around.

Now all they need to do is create something original, then they will copy that 30 times until it gets old.

I disagree, sort of. Yes, they are getting lazier and less creative. Thats why reality shows. There is not creativity or work involved (much less writing) and its a lot cheaper too. No actors to pay, no special effects and sets....

IMO reality TV is boring as hell, and appeals to only the basest common human denominator. Its turning everyone into a bunch of apathetic peeping toms. People need to get lives. The whole point of TV is to escape reality. If I want reality, Ill do something other than watch TV....

Scejntjynahl
Oct 24, 2003, 12:09 PM
On 2003-10-04 17:31, _Sinue_ wrote:
Um.. no.. If you get caught you go to prison. It's kind of the rules of the show. They do let you steal some NICE cars - and they do repair any of the damage you do to your car while trying to make your getaway.

This is just plain silly, come on now. How can they possibly keep the stolen car, dont the cops watch the show themselves! Video tape it and bam instant evidence to capture the contestant...just plain silly.

xHIGHONLIFEx
Oct 24, 2003, 12:21 PM
On 2003-10-04 17:12, _Sinue_ wrote:

I find that show to be hilarious even though I saw 2 episodes... One guy almost got away with it too, but they caught him in the last 15 SECONDS of the games... But yeah, back on topic, Its gettin outta hand with reality tv shows... only two I watch is Survivor... Especially the new season with pirate themed games and stuff... and the 2nd is Real World, that's OG one... everything else needs to go... stupid Fox keeps throwing them out there....

ssephiroth_da_hunter
Oct 25, 2003, 04:34 PM
Reality shows just give people their 15 minutes of fame. After their 15 minites are up its like the people from the reality shows never existed and people forget what show they were on and their names. They need to stop already, no watches reality tv anymore.

PABLOparavida
Oct 25, 2003, 05:50 PM
I like the joe millionaire's the girls all think they're getting the money but really they get stuck with no money.

Solstis
Oct 25, 2003, 07:28 PM
BTW, I miss MVH too... sniffle... where's my FINKL? TELL MEEE!