PDA

View Full Version : FanArt: sketch

navci
Oct 9, 2003, 02:59 PM
SKetchie Sketch (http://www3.telus.net/schiz-o/stuff/fonew1.jpg)

I made this sketch. And somehow my scanner made it prettier than I see it on paper. So randomly I messed with it on Painter and this is how it turned out. ... I thought I share. I don't actually have a FOnewearl, but if I did, this is what she would look like.

Zaneatron
Oct 9, 2003, 03:05 PM
is that actual paint on it, or am i crazy enough to think that oh great navi wouldnt use photoshop.
anyway cool pic. i would like to see more actual hand drawn pictures, photoshop seems to make it too easy, but also a very high quality standard.

navci
Oct 9, 2003, 03:14 PM
On 2003-10-09 13:05, Zane-online wrote:
is that actual paint on it, or am i crazy enough to think that oh great navi wouldnt use photoshop.
anyway cool pic. i would like to see more actual hand drawn pictures, photoshop seems to make it too easy, but also a very high quality standard.

Er?
I have been noticing this for a while. People seem to think Photoshop make things easy. No it does not. Drawing on a tablet is never as easy as it is on paper. Because you don't directly see what you draw at the point where you draw them. And having to learn the complicated functions on Pshop is a chore itself. Sure there are many effects that can only be done with a digital program, but there is the process involving learning those damn functions. ... I mean, photoshop drawings are still hand-drawn. They are done line by line by line until you can't focus on the screen anymore. Pshop is hard work! ...

Sorry if I took this the wrong way. But Pshop doesn't make anything easier. It actually complicated things if you ask me. You see a very finished pic, what you don't see it 10 hours cramping in the same chair with stiff neck and arm. ... er. Sorry if I over-reacted. Just want to point this out.

Zaneatron
Oct 9, 2003, 03:28 PM
well when you actually draw things, youve draw it. but in photoshop there comes a point when you havent actually drawn it. especially the colouring and so fourth. i cant draw for jack on pshop. i suck. im an ok drawer by hand, it just depends what im drawing.
if i implied its easy, i know it isnt. but you must admit it allows you to do other things you couldnt by hand, thus removing the human side of it.
ps we could have an arguement about this on msn.

HUnewearl_Meira
Oct 9, 2003, 03:45 PM
Another excellent piece of artwork, Navi. However long it took you, it looks to me like your effort has paid off.

mr_rubbish
Oct 9, 2003, 04:00 PM
did you use watercolours or is the colouring pure pshop?
either way its quite impressive

navci
Oct 9, 2003, 04:08 PM
On 2003-10-09 14:00, mr_rubbish wrote:
did you use watercolours or is the colouring pure pshop?
either way its quite impressive

Colouring is done on Painter Classic.
I would have water-coloured it and it prolly would have turned out better. But the paper I did the sketch on was random A4 paper. Heh. Lesson: Don't sketch on random paper. It really limits your options.

mr_rubbish
Oct 9, 2003, 04:16 PM
On 2003-10-09 14:08, navi wrote:
Colouring is done on Painter Classic.
I would have water-coloured it and it prolly would have turned out better. But the paper I did the sketch on was random A4 paper. Heh. Lesson: Don't sketch on random paper. It really limits your options.

well in that case it looks just like authentic watercolour. if i was wearing a hat i would take it off to you http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Layrinn
Oct 9, 2003, 09:00 PM
On 2003-10-09 13:14, navi wrote:
But Pshop doesn't make anything easier. It actually complicated things if you ask me. You see a very finished pic, what you don't see it 10 hours cramping in the same chair with stiff neck and arm.

I agree with you here...

Anyways, I LOVE the drawing! He face is simply amazing... she's very beautiful. ^.^

Thanks for sharing! =D