PDA

View Full Version : Eh? Humanoids?

A2K
Oct 13, 2003, 04:50 PM
Anyone know why it was changed from "android" to "humanoid", or if it was a little translation flub or like, or an actual actual change?

Sunblast
Oct 13, 2003, 06:57 PM
I bet they did it entirely to anger Androids even more than ever.

PrinceBrightstar
Oct 13, 2003, 08:25 PM
The word Humanoid would seem to imply that they are alive. Hm...

Kent
Oct 13, 2003, 08:28 PM
No it wouldn't, it would imply that they are in the general shape of a human.

Aunt_Betty
Oct 13, 2003, 09:51 PM
Or maybe they just like it.

SolRiver
Oct 14, 2003, 01:12 AM
Android=more servant type
Humanoid=more human type (non servant like...)
(at least I think so)

In PSO episode 1, there are still racism toward androids. It seems that some android became self independant, which means no one really own them... which I guess that is why they move into Humanoid category...

Now thinking that way... why would one want to make a humanoid that runs off? who sponsor them? or just 1 genius decide to make a new population? (tip: dont think about these stuffs too much, just enjoy the game... because most likely the designer are not thinking about these stuffs either)

Sunblast
Oct 14, 2003, 04:49 AM
Oooh, good point with the independance thing. And the people of Pioneer 2 do seem racist towards androids, specifically that time when the soldier tells you to not talk to Elenor. As for who's making them, it could be many people each built one, then figured out they didn't like them being independant, but by then it was too late. It could also be one that was made, then he built the others.

Sashi
Oct 14, 2003, 05:42 AM
Android- (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=android)Possessing human features.

An automaton that is created from biological materials and resembles a human. Also called humanoid.

Humanoid (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=humanoid)Having human characteristics or form.

No diffrence, really, by definition.

JohanCC
Oct 15, 2003, 05:37 PM
i think maybe that only 1 indepent humanoid was built (by accident), and it made others that made others, etc, etc.

Ron
Oct 28, 2003, 12:52 PM
I thought the Mother Computer (cant remember the name right now >_< from PS 2) created androids?

Skett_Namevah
Oct 29, 2003, 08:06 PM
I think SonicTeam should have made their own name for the bots. Kinda like how Capcom named the bots in the MegaMan X series "Repliods". They should have named them "Barg" or something.

Kadou
Oct 29, 2003, 09:20 PM
It says in one of the Ep.3 intros that most androids have been decomissioned and replaced with humanoids. I don't really know what the difference is, though.

SolRiver
Oct 30, 2003, 12:17 AM
never seen that line... but i suppose it will mean there are new technology that replace android. Android are probably more like Shino and humanoid more like Elenor. Dr. montague were working on android emotions, as stated in ep1. (but shino seem to have emotion... just not as clear as elenor... so these is just a guess... after all, i'm not the maker)

Malkavian
Oct 30, 2003, 12:20 PM
Actually they gave a name to the androids. Casts and Caseals http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Buuyon
Nov 3, 2003, 09:21 AM
yeah but online people will still say andriod...i know i will...