PDA

View Full Version : What a crazy n00b! 2!!!!

Jaks
Oct 15, 2003, 08:14 PM
(Scene is on a man walking to a large building.)
(sign says GAMECORP)

Meanwhile back on Ragol, Principal Tyrell has ordered
all the hunters to split into groups.(the groups are based on names!)

(Master Chief group is in the Gal Gryphon stage)
"Hey whats that?!" a Master Chief says as a large
aircraft flies over them.
Real Master Chief steps out and says "Fire in the hole." and the MC group is no more after 9000 round of ammunition kills them.

(A group of Sephiroths are hanging by the Central
Dome)
"Look there he is!!!!" fake Sephiroth says
Real Sephiroth says"...." and kills everyone.

(a Goku group stands in the De Rol Le tunnel[on the raft])
GoKu666 says"OMG!"
Real Goku says "Hi guys!"
Goku2003 "yells "how'd he do that!He's a Hax0r kill
em'!"
lots of Foie and RaFoie are shot, obviously not hurting the real Goku.

"Hey!"Goku shouts.
(more Foie)
Goku gets mad and does a Kamehameha wave attack.

Ad so the slaughtering of posers go on.Kenshins,Samus',Megamans,Zero's,Links,and so forth.

END

Hope you liked it (or took time to read it)
And remember to rock on!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jaks on 2003-10-15 18:15 ]</font>

Sumo
Oct 15, 2003, 09:52 PM
hehe, cool. Pretty nice for a quickie short story

Olga-Rappy
Oct 16, 2003, 04:36 AM
Wow... That was very poorly written, unless gramatically incorrect and mispelled flamebait was your intention.

I personally would be honored if somebody liked soemthing I made enough to copy it. I can only guess how much self esteem some game designers get to see their creations recieve such a warm public approval. They say immitation is the greatest form of flattery.

I assume youv'e never been to Japan. In America, cosplayers are usually the sort of people that spend lunch playing Dungeons and Dragons in the trashcan, while hunting for dice and some slices of pizza. In Japan, gamers celebrate their love of a series of games or anime by dressing up in character.

If you take away all the stereotyping around people who do this in PSO, they're just as normal as you and me. And even the oens that do fit the bill are only disliked because of stupidity, n00bishness, and poor grammar - all of the following you exhibit.

I probably don't have long before a mod locks this, but I encourage you to stop being such an ass, and realize that just as there are many ways to effectively play a character, so to are there many ways to design one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Olga-Rappy on 2003-10-16 02:36 ]</font>

MQuantum
Oct 16, 2003, 12:56 PM
*sniff* That was beautiful, olga-Rappy...

Sadly, it's a little too true...

I have to agree with everything you said...

I'm not discouraging your writing career, or ANYTHING like that, it's just that some people may find this offensive, or poorly written, and an overall not-so-great-piece.

Maybe tone it down a little, and give it a good quality feel, next time.

HUnewearl_Meira
Oct 16, 2003, 01:21 PM
I think he's just trying to poke some fun at people who lack originality; the type that have so little imagination, that their SSJ5KENSHIN character is indeed their main character, and possibly their only character. After all, if there's anything that we should be able to appreciate here in Fan Works, it's originality.

I must say that it's fun to make a character, just to see how close you can get them to a character from another series (Back on the Dreamcast, I, myself, made a character named "Gene Starwind", because I realized that a RAmar could almost duplicate him). Still, to make it your main character shows that A.) you'd rather be playing a game based on that series, and B.) you likely think that people are going to see your character and ph34r him just the same way people do on the series he's from.

There's just more nobility in being original, and sparking your own legend, than trying to syphon off of the legend of another.

[EDIT] I might say though, that this did seem like more of a gratuitous hack-fest than the first. The first carried with it a novel quality, and a very strong sense of its own environment (I could vividly see the HUcast, looking up, leaning backward, and yelling, "stfu, n00b!"). It was, in short, fairly clever. This one however, seems more diluted with annoyance.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HUnewearl_Meira on 2003-10-16 11:25 ]</font>

Jaks
Oct 16, 2003, 03:23 PM
Is Meira the only one with common sense?GAMECORP
was like a place that held all companies and I was poking fun to the people who make people from a different show.

PS. if Olga-Rappy had an ounce of brains he'd realize
that you can't die in PSO you'd just be sent back to
Pioneer2

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jaks on 2003-10-16 13:26 ]</font>