PDA

View Full Version : PSO broke my DC! :-(

Anonymous
Apr 2, 2001, 06:43 PM
If you want to read a sad story then read this. This is a string of gamefaqs message board posts i strung together. Here was my post (this all happened today 4-2)

OMG, I was just playing PSO online and i tried to enter a normal game. Before I could get in I was teleported somewhere - the loading screen came up as if i were going to the forest or something. Well during the loading DC made these loud loading sounds and then stopped trying. So basically it locked in a loading screen. Well then guess what? I tried to open the lid and turn it off which is usally the best way I think. When I tried to turn it back on it wont work. Yes, dreamcast is now broken apparently. Every 5 mins I can make it turn on for like 5 seconds. And its not the outlet / power, I tried to plug it in differant places and the same thing happens. Other things are working anyways so its not a power issue. Oh the horror!

Then a couple hours later:
Now I know alot more about my problem:

The DC isnt broken, it just now has serious motor problems. They are so bad that I cant play games / load disks. I can access the main menu but nothing else. Its so absurd that I have to pay nearly 85$ to get it fixed since I bought the DC on launch day.

I also think I now know why PSO went into that weird load with damaged everything. Last night (last time I was on) I traded with a FOnewm (Jbop) for a Csorcers cane. He said it was legit, but now I wonder. The next morning (when DC broke) I tried to get into a team and it immediatly went back to the lobby. I thought nothing of it and tried again, and thats when it loaded, made horrific noises and damaged the motor. So I guess this is all because of a bad trade. But now how did he get on with it (he had it in his immediate inventory not the bank) and give it me without any messages? THEN I GET MY DC MESSED UP!

ugh ugh ugh. I called sega and they were very predictable in their responce to this. They said I should use a lense cleaner every 3 months and that accused me of having hacked items.

So I suppose the moral of the story is that you should not trade with just anyone. I also think its cruel of sega to pull this, I never duped I just traded! Why must this happen to me.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif
Sure dreamcast may not be all that expensive anymore but still, there is no reason it should just break all of a sudden. Now about the warrenty, well I went out to buy a DC the day it came out - 9.9.99. So at this point it is well out of warrenty.

I suppose I will now buy a new DC (smash pack bundle to play PS2) Mainly because I have many other great games for the system that I now cant play like Grandia2, soul calibur and more.

But im seriously considering not playing PSO until a v2. I cannot have systems break just because I enjoy 1 game.