PDA

View Full Version : How I wandered into FK

Soukosa
Oct 23, 2003, 01:43 AM
When I first started to regularly wander over here, I was asked why I had done so. I said I didn't know, but I did, I just didn't feel like explaining it at the moment, so I'd figured I'd explain it now. Basicly, I wandered into here since it reminds me of this one message board I used to go to, with all it's randomness and craziness. I liked it at that board but I left it since some issues had formed between those that I had hung out with and I, which in turn caused to stay here at PSOW more and actually register. I used a name that I created for another reason to help stay away from any of them that happened to wander over here as well (some of them play PSO, that's how I got into it), but later decided that I liked my original name better and switched back to it and for the IMs, I simply just set it up to block anyone that's not on my list (which is one of the main reasons why it's like that and because of that, you have to PM if you want to IM me, so I can add you to my list). Well, after not really having any friends to talk to because of all of that, I slowly wandered into here, attracted to things stated above, in hopes that I might be able to find some new friends like the ones that I did have. Well, compared to the rate that I made friends at that one board, I feel like an outsider and as if no one really wants me here (I can be very pessimistic, btw). But, I have started to form a friendship again with some of the people that I befriended before and have also started to revive a message board that I had worked on earlier, but didn't completely finish.

I'd just thought, I'd share this here. You can now flame me for wasting 5 mintues of your life or let this thread drift to the bottom of the page and out of memory of everyone here (it's happened before on another forum here). I don't really care, as a next to friendless person suffering from depression, I will wander to where ever I feel welcome. BTW, if I ever sound overly harsh or whatever, it's most likely due to my depression, I get that way a lot. I would put up something to warn people about it in my profile or whatever, but I'd feel like asking for attention (like I sort of do now) and I frown upon things like that.

Nai_Calus
Oct 23, 2003, 01:51 AM
*hug!s and glomp!s*

Don't worry, I understand that sort of thing completely. I've got my own set of mental issues and stuff, so I know where you're coming from a bit. x_X

Here, have some Dr. Pepper S'mores.

SpikeOtacon
Oct 23, 2003, 04:24 AM
0.o
That took a great deal of courage to say something like that. I was also touched by your story. I pray that you will have better luck.

ABDUR101
Oct 23, 2003, 04:29 AM
You'll never make friends unless you get in on the fun. Standing on the sidelines and being quiet doesn't exactly get you anywhere....although I always liked being one of the people sitting on the sidelines being ignored...but thats just me!

Bradicus
Oct 23, 2003, 03:21 PM
As i recall, you were not insulted.... thats better than some who wandered into FK.

Ketchup345
Oct 23, 2003, 03:47 PM
Nice story. Wasn't a waste of my time (well, it beats doing Spanish homework http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif ).

I forget how I wandered here. Probably accidentaly, since my screen scols on its own once in a while. But then, once I got in here, I was hooked for some strange reason, probably because I like funny stuff. This is one place where I can always count on where there is someone active to say funny things (well, almost always), and for a good laugh.

Soukosa
Oct 24, 2003, 01:44 AM
I guess some of the people around here are nicer than what they seem, but like I said, I am fairly pessimistic. I simply just find it quite hard to step into things these days. I've always been fairly shy and it just seems that my depression has just made it worse.

Abdur, I've been through something like that before. In the last year and half, I pretty didn't have any friends to hang out with at lunch, so I'd sit up in the bleachers (since the cafeteria was in the older gym) all alone. Occasionally, someone would come up there to see as to why I was up there all alone, but from what I can tell, they wouldn't have done me much good.

At least, I have started to rebuild my friendship with some of the people that I knew at the last board that I went to (which is now basicly in ruins, which hardly anyone going there). Which makes me wonder if anyone here likes to role play. That's how I made some friends at the last board, I joined in on a very open-ended role play that was going on (most of the people there like to do that). I fell out of role playing after awhile, but now I want to get back into it, which is the reason I started to revive the message board I made, since it's designed for role playing.

Also, if I'm slow at responding to this, it's because I'm quite hesistant, thinking that there might be something negative in here in a response. If any of you want to chat with me, feel free to PM me, I'm can pretty always use someone to talk to, especially when I don't really have much people to talk to in the first place.

Richard
Oct 24, 2003, 02:26 AM
Sounomi: Friends are overrated. Really, all they do is cause hell and chaos.

I've pretty much been friendless since High School, somewhere around a year ago. My AIM Buddy List consists of a whooping 6 people, which is probably the lowest of anyone who bothers using AIM.

Whenever I go somewhere, I usually go by myself. I rarely set anything up with my supposive "friends." Sure, it gets lonely sometimes. But you just got to shrug it off and realize that most people suck.

Firocket1690
Oct 24, 2003, 09:26 AM
well, well, well ...
I was pretty much identical !!
I used to live in Mag Quest SecID etc too http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Edit: Major typo http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firocket1690 on 2003-10-24 14:53 ]</font>

Bit
Oct 24, 2003, 10:35 AM
Being depressed is always tough, at any age. The best thing you can do is to just face the fears you have of being rejected by others, and just go out and talk to people, get to know some people at your school. If you have any after school clubs or something in that area that interests you, Go check those out.

There are alot of people who feel the same way, and find it hard to make friends. Which is what the internet is for. I personally have a better time with people here on the internet, then i do in real life. The people I associate with are rather, immature, atleast to me.

So just be open-minded, and you'll get more friends that way.

Saladwood
Oct 24, 2003, 01:06 PM
On 2003-10-23 23:44, Sounomi wrote:
Occasionally, someone would come up there to see as to why I was up there all alone, but from what I can tell, they wouldn't have done me much good.

maybe that's just part of your problem? why you don't have many friends?

at least someone was nice enough to go up there.

Oh, and being depressed does not mean you can't make or just don't have friends. Even suicidal people have friends. You still have to try, regardless of your situation.

Part of life is overcoming adversity. and the ones that do are the ones that advance. LIFE IS NOT PERFECT

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saladwood on 2003-10-24 11:10 ]</font>

Dime
Oct 24, 2003, 05:54 PM
On 2003-10-22 23:43, Sounomi wrote:
When I first started to regularly wander over here, I was asked why I had done so. I said I didn't know, but I did, I just didn't feel like explaining it at the moment, so I'd figured I'd explain it now. Basicly, I wandered into here since it reminds me of this one message board I used to go to, with all it's randomness and craziness. I liked it at that board but I left it since some issues had formed between those that I had hung out with and I, which in turn caused to stay here at PSOW more and actually register. I used a name that I created for another reason to help stay away from any of them that happened to wander over here as well (some of them play PSO, that's how I got into it), but later decided that I liked my original name better and switched back to it and for the IMs, I simply just set it up to block anyone that's not on my list (which is one of the main reasons why it's like that and because of that, you have to PM if you want to IM me, so I can add you to my list). Well, after not really having any friends to talk to because of all of that, I slowly wandered into here, attracted to things stated above, in hopes that I might be able to find some new friends like the ones that I did have. Well, compared to the rate that I made friends at that one board, I feel like an outsider and as if no one really wants me here (I can be very pessimistic, btw). But, I have started to form a friendship again with some of the people that I befriended before and have also started to revive a message board that I had worked on earlier, but didn't completely finish.

I'd just thought, I'd share this here. You can now flame me for wasting 5 mintues of your life or let this thread drift to the bottom of the page and out of memory of everyone here (it's happened before on another forum here). I don't really care, as a next to friendless person suffering from depression, I will wander to where ever I feel welcome. BTW, if I ever sound overly harsh or whatever, it's most likely due to my depression, I get that way a lot. I would put up something to warn people about it in my profile or whatever, but I'd feel like asking for attention (like I sort of do now) and I frown upon things like that.

What gives you the impression anyone cares about how you "wondered" here? That's right, no one does.

Welcome to FK, btw.