PDA

View Full Version : Rant of the Week: Claw-type Weapons

Soja-Soulcrusher
Oct 23, 2003, 01:40 PM
What the fizuck was Sonic Team thinking when they created the HUmar animation for the third hit with a claw combo?

A cartwheel. A FREAKING CARTWHEEL.

Could've done a spin, could've done a double saber-type third combo (three more hits), but they went with a GODDAMN CARTWHEEL!

That stupid animation is the one thing preventing claws from being among the most coveted weapons in the game... not for vanity, but for use. Claws have nefariously good ATP and ATA. The Silence Claw even adds EVP if I'm not mistaken.

These could have been the cream of the crop as far as weapons go, but Sonic Team's R&D made it the cream of the crap in its stead. >_<;;

Zarana
Oct 23, 2003, 01:57 PM
No three-hit, single target weapon could be the cream of the crop in my opinion. They could be better with a different animation, but until they add more hits to the combo, Double Sabers and Daggers will always be superior for killing single enemies.

Soja-Soulcrusher
Oct 23, 2003, 02:32 PM
That's what I'm getting at. Claws look small and nimble enough to be wielded as if they were an extension of your own body. Why they didn't make the claw a six-hit weapon like the double saber is beyond me...

heyf00L
Oct 23, 2003, 02:41 PM
I guess they figured all the stat boosting claws do was enough to make them good. Ent, wrong!

Soja-Soulcrusher
Oct 23, 2003, 02:55 PM
I have no experience in the character class, but aren't RAcaseals, like, really good with everything? A RAcaseal friend of mine wields the Sange & Yasha like nothing... I'll assume it's the same way with claw-types, am I right?

Bit
Oct 23, 2003, 03:24 PM
Rant of the week.. In Mag/quest? Doesn't really go..

Oh!

*Odd magic*

There we go =)

Kupi
Oct 23, 2003, 06:16 PM
Rika's Claw could be deadly on a FOmar, if they would allow them to wield it... Gi-techs at max casting speed. Yikes.

Bradicus
Oct 23, 2003, 06:34 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif i love that cartwheel, he looks like a jester on crack!

OniTatsujin
Oct 23, 2003, 06:36 PM
i hate the 3rd part of it too, it always leaves me open, so i always get hit, so if i really want to hit them and not get hit, i jsut do the 1st 2 of the combo, but with a HUnewearl, its better, so only use claws for HUnewearls...

odie2088
Oct 23, 2003, 06:45 PM
claws are so much fun, i do the cartwheel if i get the chance, whats so bad about them? they probably gave them that animation because of the points you made, they actually have decent stats, but i do prefer double-sabers/paired-swords/daggers more, because they hit more...and they're almost as much fun as claws! the cartwheel is so much fun! but if i do actually use a claw seriously and not for fun, i do just do the first 2 hits of the combo...they hit pretty fast, and i can run away in between! the real bad 3-hit combo is with katanas, its like, woo hoo, 3-hit combo with sword, i must POSE! *does pose lowering sword over head very slowly* SMACK! *falls to ground in a daze*

PhoenixOfHate
Oct 24, 2003, 01:39 AM
Not sure about female attack animation with claw so don't quote me on this.. Though I think I have seen Sue do all three attacks with her claw and the final hit wasn't some dumb*** move, it fit right in with the others.. Making the claw an actual weapon of choice for what.. Just the fuc**** HUne. I got nothing against her but she gets the awesome double saber combo as well.. While the males double saber combo can only compete with the females if they have a god battle equipped.. And the claw.. Well that is just a joke for males..

Mumfizle
Oct 24, 2003, 01:49 AM
I think the animation is awsome, excpecialy when my fonewm does it.

PhoenixOfHate
Oct 24, 2003, 01:53 AM
You are actually saying you like the male claw animation..? Even though it blows and there is no chance in hell of you connecting that third hit in hard-ultimate..

Mystil
Oct 24, 2003, 08:17 AM
The male animation for claws makes me bust out laughing everytime I see it.

On 2003-10-23 11:57, Zarana wrote:
No three-hit, single target weapon could be the cream of the crop in my opinion. They could be better with a different animation, but until they add more hits to the combo, Double Sabers and Daggers will always be superior for killing single enemies.

Only cause of the extra hits(this is also my opinion). Usually with daggers you need a high luck rate. I do way more damage with my HoP than I do with my S-Reds.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2003-10-24 06:18 ]</font>

OniTatsujin
Oct 24, 2003, 11:01 PM
On 2003-10-23 23:39, PhoenixOfHate wrote:
Not sure about female attack animation with claw so don't quote me on this.. Though I think I have seen Sue do all three attacks with her claw and the final hit wasn't some dumb*** move, it fit right in with the others.. Making the claw an actual weapon of choice for what.. Just the fuc**** HUne. I got nothing against her but she gets the awesome double saber combo as well.. While the males double saber combo can only compete with the females if they have a god battle equipped.. And the claw.. Well that is just a joke for males..

actually, males get better sword animations...and swords ive seen are the most useful soemtiems, so that competes a lot...

Xiu_Hazuki
Oct 25, 2003, 01:43 AM
If you want to complain about the Double Saber animation, compare it to a HUcaseal. They pwnz with that type of weapon. They have such amazing attack speeds. And the several steps forward with the Double Saber is rather effective, and can even hit more than one enemy (not at the same time, but switching between) if they are close together.

As for claws, I love claws. But I think Dual Claws would have been...the best. Think about that! Once I stopped playing online with DC, I used my Version 1 and that old trick of mixing weapons to get things like...two rifles instead of mech guns and stuff, for claws. It looked really nice.

Kind of like...Heart of Poumn. You have two! WHY ONLY USE ONE?! Seriously...

Firocket1690
Oct 25, 2003, 03:21 AM
Maybe it's just me, but I think they (ST) gave the claw a pitiful animation and attack pattern (1-1-1)
is because it raises up the ATP insanely high.

As compared to the moderate weapons that boost ATP decently, but hit 5 times (Yamato)

Or the Double Saber that hits 6 times
with an even wore ATP boost
(You can equip the Double Saber BEFORE you can equip DB's Saber! less ATP req. )

IMO, that's how ST *tried* to balance it out ...

PhoenixOfHate
Oct 25, 2003, 07:25 AM
I might have to make a Female Hunter just to see if I am better off with one of them instead of the Males.. BTW All females have the same attack animations right..? Or does the HUcaseal get different ones then the HUnewearl?

Xiu_Hazuki
Oct 25, 2003, 11:06 AM
Most weapons on a HUcaseal are different from the others. It has its own unarmed fighting style too. Its third it is a sweeping kick that actually has decent knockback. Its Double Saber animation is faster than anyone elses and has more forward movement so the hits are easier to land. Infact...everything it has has an enhanced attack speed really. Set one next to a HUnewearl and it always finishes its attack first.