PDA

View Full Version : RECOBOX: How getting to level 200 became stained.

Mystil
Oct 25, 2003, 10:36 AM
You have HS. IS. SB. Movie Quest. EN1,2,3 and 4~!. TTF <-is that isn't already enough. I thank ST for THAT quest, I gained 3 levels in 1 day. Unprecidented for me since hitting my 140s!

East and West Tower. Episode II, which all you cowards are afriad of(damn I unlocked all that offline for nothing). But this isn't good enough. We must go ONLINE I GUESS, and shoot a freaking recobox all day long, getting to level200 in less than a month? Weeks?

This trick has indeed been out for awhile yes. But it didn't occure to me until I noticed the ALARMING number of 199s and 200s showing up. These are people I've never seen in ANTARES 8(or the game period). I'm familiar with all the true 170+ and 200 players. Then they(the ones I just know who recoed there way to God status) BOAST about it by simply SITTING in the lobby FOREVER.

Proof that is a rant: Big deal that your ass jetisent yourself to 200. Woo whoo.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2003-10-25 08:38 ]</font>

Shimarisu
Oct 25, 2003, 12:40 PM
I'm just pissed off that some sodding hacker made 100% hit king vulcans with minus 100% on machine. I was aiming to be one of VERY FEW fomars to reach lvl 200 before now. Now they are cropping up all over the place, so I don't know if I can be arsed to level to 200 any more.

Recoing is acceptable only if you corrupted. I did it once with my Ramar, to level 69 (his original level) and I frankly don't see the point of doing it with my other charas.

- Shimarisu

Kizaragu
Oct 25, 2003, 03:32 PM
Are there really that many unlegit lvl 200's online now? What a pain in the ass.
They're cheating themselves aswell as everyone else.
I'd prefer to take ages getting to lvl 200 knowing I did all the hard work and be slightly proud of it, than spending a month recoboxing my way there.

PABLOparavida
Oct 25, 2003, 04:17 PM
On 2003-10-25 10:40, Shimarisu wrote:

Recoing is acceptable only if you corrupted.

I agree. Go for the recobox if you get coruptted

JavaMoon
Oct 25, 2003, 10:53 PM
Who cares?

It was only a matter of time before someone finds a quick fix to get to level 200. It happened in the DC days. It doesn't matter if some schmuck decided to rush to 200 in a month or less or something. You level up the way you want and be proud of that. If you got to 200 legitimately, then congratulations. Why would you let some other player try to make you feel as if your work wasn't worth it?

Unless you got to 200 solely to brag and now you can't show off, recoboxing shouldn't matter to you.

Wewt
Oct 25, 2003, 11:14 PM
On 2003-10-25 20:53, JavaMoon wrote:
Who cares?
The PSO 'society' does. Of course, I think this is as much bullshit as you do, but hey, some people will rant over things you might find stupid.

On 2003-10-25 20:53, JavaMoon wrote:
Why would you let some other player try to make you feel as if your work wasn't worth it?

Unless you got to 200 solely to brag and now you can't show off, recoboxing shouldn't matter to you.

Fact of the matter is, a lot of people do care what some stranger on a game thinks. Afterall, they are a part of PSO's little 'society'. Personally, I really couldn't care less of the actual matter, as I have had enough of seeing people brag on a game, so I won't go down to their level by trying to compete with them.

Vodka mixed with coffee is actually pretty good...

polishedweasel
Oct 26, 2003, 10:41 AM
You know what? I don't think it matters what people are doing with their PSO. Technically recoing isn't cheating since there is no tinkering with hardware...unless you call tying a cord around your controller "Tinkering." The point being, don't sweat the small stuff? I guess that's what I'm trying to say.

Firocket1690
Oct 26, 2003, 12:04 PM
On 2003-10-26 07:41, polishedweasel wrote:
You know what? I don't think it matters what people are doing with their PSO. Technically recoing isn't cheating since there is no tinkering with hardware...unless you call tying a cord around your controller "Tinkering." The point being, don't sweat the small stuff? I guess that's what I'm trying to say.

Words from an actual recoboxer. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Bradicus
Oct 26, 2003, 02:33 PM
cord eh?

Mystil
Oct 26, 2003, 02:47 PM
I don't know why that bothers me. Of all things in reference to cheating that don't bother me, that totally does. I know if I did it, I'd lose interest in playing dramatically.

It's a wonder what motivates people to want Total Absolution with thier characters, or just plain uber power period. Corruption I do understand, but non corruption is just =/.

Wewt
Oct 26, 2003, 06:46 PM
On 2003-10-26 11:47, Silhouette wrote:
I don't know why that bothers me. Of all things in reference to cheating that don't bother me, that totally does.
Probably because they claimed they got to lv200 legitimately, but with a 'cheap' method, and you know they did it legitimately, but still hate it, so you want to rant about it. Or something. You just hate the fact that you had to work harder to accomplish the same thing as someone else, who accomplished it without cheating, but still kind of a lame way.

I said but a lot.

But But But But But But But But But But But But But But But But But !

JavaMoon
Oct 26, 2003, 11:40 PM
On 2003-10-25 21:14, WWWWWWWWWWWW wrote:
The PSO 'society' does. Of course, I think this is as much bullshit as you do, but hey, some people will rant over things you might find stupid.

Fact of the matter is, a lot of people do care what some stranger on a game thinks. Afterall, they are a part of PSO's little 'society'. Personally, I really couldn't care less of the actual matter, as I have had enough of seeing people brag on a game, so I won't go down to their level by trying to compete with them.

Vodka mixed with coffee is actually pretty good...

Thank you! I got into an LJ argument with several people about recoboxing and they got on my case for saying pretty much the same thing I did here. I, once in a blue moon, recobox for about 5-10 minutes at a time (anything longer makes me bored out of my mind) and apparently I'm as bad as a duper spreading real Nei Claws on Vega. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif It's all just a giant waste of energy and time to worry about it. I wish more people could understand that.

Vodka with coffee? Huh. Sounds like it'd be more effective than the "caffeine soap" I've seen floating around. @_@

polishedweasel
Oct 27, 2003, 05:29 AM
I recoed to see how long it would take to do it...after I finished I only bring the char out to forest battle with HUmars...that's pretty much it. And the people I play with know that its recoed...noone cares.

Wewt
Oct 27, 2003, 09:35 AM
On 2003-10-26 20:40, JavaMoon wrote:
Vodka with coffee? Huh. Sounds like it'd be more effective than the "caffeine soap" I've seen floating around. @_@

I couldn't sleep that night when I posted. It was 5am, so I decided to just get some alcohol just to get a buzz, and maybe get me tired. I don't know why I added coffee into it though :l