PDA

View Full Version : what ep. 3 should have been...

jt
Oct 26, 2003, 07:26 PM
they shoulda made ep. 3 a true MMORPG by using some stuff from other MMORPGs. FOr instance, if you have ever played Everquest, then you know that there is no lobby, and that you have just a big world to go around in, well how bout we take that corny world, and throw some PSO into it... now u get to go to Ragol and do some scoping, you form parties like on Everquest, also.

You would also keep the 3 pattern attack, and the button layouts, to keep confusion down, and to make battles a bit more interesting than just relying on you weapon's stats, and just holding a button... (we all know that how boring that is)

also, ST can stop being so cheap, and get people to patrol the game to make sure there is no cheating,hacking,exploiting,duping, and so forth.

The drops would me more like... well, after each battle u get a menu that has the drops that each monster had, then the game just distributes them as it sees fit (hunters get hunter weps, forces get force weps, striker get striker weps...) but i doubt many people would like that...

AND a new CLASS instead of new races to a existing class... the STrikers! (since that is Sonic Team)

STrikers - excel in combo-combat, have high percentage to hit, but do little damage... able to use techs up to level 20. They can also do 4 hit combos instead of 3.

STnewm - Formidable magic-user with very high speed in both casting, and fighting.

STmarl - Defensive type STriker, high defense, is the medium for STrikers

STcast - Fighter STriker, high attack with speed to match that of the STnewm... low defense is his downfall. Revolutionary technology allows thsi mech to use low level techs!

STcaseal - Gunner type STriker, has highest accuracy and can use most of the guns. unable to use techs though...

just a thought of mine, or they can make the PRotectors (defense oriented) either way the game would have been better if they built off some of these topics...

Malkavian
Oct 27, 2003, 01:04 PM
Errr... I prefer they stay away from massive worlds like those in everquest.
PSO is a better thought-concept. I think what it offers is impressive thinking is a game that doesn't use hard drive and can play perfectly with 33k modems. It's so greatly adapted to the limitations they had and focused as console gaming when there wasn't a clear idea how online console gaming should be, and few people could think further than PC ports.

In next generation maybe they could get off these limitations and make something liek you say. But I hope it doesn't feel nothing similar to EverQuest. Actually I like the lobbies and ships a lot. Is faster and funnier than boring walk for minutes to meet a friend or go to fight or buy some stuff.
Maybe the elimination of 4 people only pioneer 2 could be good. Going directly to fight from the lobbies where there was shops, hospitals, and all the stuff. But always with the rule, less stupid walk and run the better.

Kent
Oct 27, 2003, 01:47 PM
Actually, Episode 3 should be whatever the hell Sonic Team wants it to be.

SolRiver
Oct 27, 2003, 02:03 PM
if they going to make it into MMORPG... we will be force to pay $12 a month to play PSO, and most of us is probably screw instantly

jt
Oct 27, 2003, 04:47 PM
On 2003-10-27 10:47, Kent wrote:
Actually, Episode 3 should be whatever the hell Sonic Team wants it to be.

well, look what its becoming, they are losing more players to that card game, than they would with my idea

BTW you wouldnt have to walk anywhere cause we all know that PSO characters run slow as dirt... so you would have like teleporters to get to a area, and probably have to run a lil while 2 minutes max just to get to where u wanna go...

o yeah, and we also already pay about $10 a month just to play it now...

SolRiver
Oct 27, 2003, 06:23 PM
right now it is $13-$15 for "3" months

that means, about $4-$5 per month (and for both ep 1 2 and 3... not a bad deal)

A2K
Oct 27, 2003, 06:58 PM
Actually they're picking up quite a few Episode 3 players in Japan. And considering it will run concurrently with Episode 1 & 2 and not actually replace the game I don't think Sonic Team is in danger of losing too many people aside from losing them due to the usual suspects: boredom, cheating, what have you.