PDA

View Full Version : Jerks

anwserman
Oct 27, 2003, 12:46 AM
I decided to do some fun stuff with my melee FOnewearl, which just passed level 80 - and that was going online to face the Ultimate Dragon boss - I know I couldn't bring the sucker down myself, so made the game open so I could get some people to help.

Joining person 1) Magick user force, not melee like me. He helped clear rooms with his all-mighty Rafoie and Gibarta.

Joining person 2) Hunter doing like 800 damage. Yay.

Joining person 3) Force(?) with a hacked Dreamcast mag.

So, we complete the forest and we're at the teleportal, when person #1 says to wait up for him because he's buying fluids at Pio2. The second he heads back to town, #2 and #3 start the boss portal - I ran in, like what the hell I want to get to this boss, too... as I started the game.

But I made myself get killed because I wanted person #1 to get the experience, and I sat there at the boss dead, wanting them to die too so that we could start over. Nope, they keep on reviving me, AGAINST MY WISHES. Once I finally did die again, I quickly chose Yes and returned to Pio2 and typed in these chat messages (as my voice wouldn't get the point across, this is X-Box now)... now, this is after I pleaded for them to die from the dragon.

"DIE."
"DIE YOU ASSES!"
"DIE FROM THE DRAGON!"
"DIE OR NEGATIVE FEEDBACK!"
--- this one angered me because #3 said "Oh, negative feedback. I'm scared."
"DIE NOW!!!"
#2 said, OK OK we're dying. (big lie)

#3 yelled saying he couldn't stand playing with such immature assholes like us so he left immediately after the boss - which I thought that they died.

So, #2 told us #1 and I to head back to the teleporter, and we did - only to find out that the dragon was beaten and that #2 started laughing hilariously at us.

I almost started to cry. Honestly, over a frickin game. Not because of the game, but because of the people playing it. I can't believe that they honestly did that two us, getting the experience for themselves and not for number #1 and I. I even left the boss battle just so we could start over and get the experience - It would have taken like 30 seconds longer for them to die, teleport back and to start the boss battle over with four people - but obviously, they didn't care. #2 and #3 I feel should burn in hell for what they did. I honestly feel heartbroken that some people would stoop to such immaturity.

So, the best thing I could have done was to leave negative feedback for #2 and #3 (submitted cheating twice for both) and I submitted positive feedback for #1 under "great session", because he left immediately once we realized the cruel joke they played.

Honestly, how could someone do that? There is an actual person on the other side, not a computer. I can almost guarentee that if #1 and I were there physically next to them, they wouldn't have done it.

GOD I hate people who are jerks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: anwserman on 2003-10-26 21:47 ]</font>

NKOTB
Oct 27, 2003, 01:00 AM
On 2003-10-26 21:46, anwserman wrote:

So, the best thing I could have done was to leave negative feedback for #2 and #3 (submitted cheating twice for both)

GOD I hate people who are jerks.

Sounds like you're a real sweatheart yourself.

anwserman
Oct 27, 2003, 01:10 AM
Because I wanted to be a team player, after I left the boss battle so all four of us could have possibly faced the boss together, after pleading (nicely before I got pissed and started typing the phrases I mentioned above) and offering them the choice of dying so we could all fight the boss or getting negative feedback?

No, they killed the boss and then one of them later tricked us into thinking that the boss was still there. Only after everyone else left the game did I leave the feedback, because it was their choice - die and start over or get the negative feedback. They chose the ladder.

I didn't get any experience, nor did that other person left on Pio2. We wanted all four of us to get exp, but obviously the other two didn't.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: anwserman on 2003-10-26 22:11 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: anwserman on 2003-10-26 22:12 ]</font>

NKOTB
Oct 27, 2003, 01:15 AM
First of all, you don't make the rules for online play. Second, you became a jerk when you submitted cheating TWICE for BOTH. I understand you being mad and wanting to say something bad about them but submitting twice for both = jerk.

anwserman
Oct 27, 2003, 01:24 AM
Yeah, I admit that I don't create the rules for online play. I gave them a choice, and they were both stupid enough not to believe that I wouldn't follow through, and I did. Twice. Because I was that pissed off at them for doing such a thing to #1 and I, and laughing in our faces while doing it. And lying to us.

So don't call me a jerk because I wanted to be a team player, thats all. I gave them the option of starting over (something which I would have done in an instant if someone asked me to) and they obviously thought that their 10,000+ exp. was worth more them my two negative feedbacks - which ironically they would have never have gotten if they would have died so all four of us could join - and even then they would have gotten their 10,000+ exp.

Yes, maybe I shouldn't have submitted negative feedback for them twice for cheating - but the fact that they were A)rude and inconsiderate and B)both cheaters (the hunter doing 800+ damage @lvl.83 and the force with the hacked Dreamcast mag) definately evens out the reasoning behind what I did.

Oh, I should have mentioned the fact that the hunter doing 800+ damage was a cheater, which I should have mentioned in my first post (did define that for player #3 though), so yeah. I just don't want to get into a huge flaming war because of my actions, but I did what I felt was approperiate at the time.

And once again, I left positive feedback for the person who also got screwed over along with me.

PhoenixOfHate
Oct 27, 2003, 02:59 AM
Used to happen to me all the time on DC.. I just stopped caring about what I needed to beat the boss.. You go back to town and the others stay then 80% of the time you won't be fighting any boss..

_Sinue_
Oct 27, 2003, 02:11 PM
I had something similar happen to me a few weeks ago. Luckily, the A-hole got what was comming to him.

My friend LiLone-VX and I were in a game doing Ult Ruins.. jus kicking back and having a good time. Then this HUmar joins and starts spamming his trade list - but quits when we offer him a pipe. Then a second HUmar named Benjamin joined. The first HUmar had a pair of Mechs and was doing some decent damage.. but the other HUmar was a TJ sword user.. and actually knew how to use it instead of getting smacked around like so many other TJers. Eventually, the first HUmar starts spamming his trade list again.. and LOLing. By this point we're getting annoyed.. and he would not leave when asked.. so when he disconnected and rejoined - we wouldn't pipe him.

Eventually we got to the Falz teleporter.. and before I could give LilOne some Trifluids (I had 8 and only needed 2 for the fight).. he piped to town. Well the first HUmar took the pipe and joined me and Benjamin on the Boss warp. Benjamin was messing around with his sword and "Accidentally" triggered the warp. So going into it.. I was already planning to suicide. To my surprise... the first HUmar said that he would too. Benjamin, said nothing, and activated the tomb. We died to the first round of Darvants.. Ben revived us both twice and we just stood there and died again. The whole time we're screaming at him to suicide so we could get LilOne. He wouldn't listen.

He proceeded to demolish Falz's first two forms.. but forgot to bring a gun to kill Falz's third form. He knew he needed help.. so he revived us again. This time, we stayed alive. I S/D'd the first HUmar and we got our mechs ready. Eventually, Falz pulled his soul steal move.. and got Benjamin. It was funny watching him try to Resta as we pounded the living **** out of Falz with our 'Gats. Being a HUmar with pathetic Resta.. he didn't last long. By this time.. LiLOne had given up hope and just Disconnected.. so me and the first HUmar just finished off Falz ourselves.

After the fight, we revive Benjamin who starts screaming at us because we didn't help him... calling us all kinds of names. We jus sat back and laughed at him because we stole the exp from him that he tried to steal from LilOne.

Yeah, there's A-Holes like that out there that will try to steal EXP from someone by trying to kill the boss without em.. but it kind of makes it all worthwhile when you get one cornered like that and give him a taste of what he deserves. His slick lil plan.. backfired.

Gives ya kind of a warm fuzzy feelin ya know?

anwserman
Oct 27, 2003, 02:46 PM
I've done that before to a person, killing them on the soul steal form... not due to the fact that someone started the portal and left someone behind, but he was weilding a J-Sword and a couple Al Rappies
... and being the pathetic person he was, he felt that he should swing whenever he had the opportunity to do so.

During soul steal time.

So yeah, with him doing like 800+ damage, no one could survive that. So, my other two teammates sat there scrambling to revive me while Mr. Hack a Lot hacked away. Now, he did this to us many times, even when we told him to knock it off. The tides changed though - guess whose soul was taken next.

Now, even though I'm a HUnewearl I can still dish out a pretty penny when it comes to Foi. So could the other teammates. He was killed within a couple seconds or so. Now this part is the classic, he was screaming at us about killing him and was all pissy since we didn't revive him. I simply typed onto the screen. (I should note that I was the highest level member of the party... I was like level 80 or so and the rest were like level 60... in V.HARD!)

"U killed us when we asked u to stop."
"You killed your team."
"You killed the player who had the
best chance of surviving."
"You deserve what you got."
"You were selfish."

Yeah, he was not happy at all. The three of us, who did get the exp, were happy due to the fact that as a team, we joined together and beat the last person in our group. I should note that I did make the first move towards getting him killed - I stated to the rest of my team that if you want to survive, kill the that person because he has already killed me like four times. They obviously agreed, as they were the ones having to revive me whenever I was killed. Honestly, that fourth person wielding the sword didn't revive me once.

So, it was like survival.

I also think another reason why the other two decided to team up with me against him was that I had the best chance of survival out of anyone in our group - meaning if the rest of my teammates died, I could still go on and revive them without major problems. Problem is, if I was killed by my own teammate and they all died soon afterwards, there would be no one able to revive another - meaning, start over boss battle.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: anwserman on 2003-10-27 11:52 ]</font>

DOG21313
Oct 27, 2003, 07:21 PM
I know, once, I was playing in a normal game, just for the fun of seeing all the bosses again, especially one that I hate making the trip to see, but love fighting, De Rol Le. We made it to the boss portal, and I went up to P2 to get a diska, which would be better in the fight. I got up to P2 and got a Diska out of the bank and headed toward the telepipe, when I hear one of the members of the team who'd been being a jerk the whole way there, say "Sorry, but you don't need the experience." Sure I was on about lv 115, but this made me mad. This jerk made me miss one of my favorite bosses just cuz he had no patience whatsoever. I mean, if you see a 115 in a normal game, do you think hes there for the experience points? Geez... I wasn't upset that I lost the exp. I was upset cuz
1. I wanted to fight De Rol Le, hes one of my fav bosses, definatly better that Vol Opt or Dark Falz, and
2. It upset me that there were such jerks in this world... How big of a loser do you have to be to leave someone standing at the portal...

He got what was coming to him though, Dark Falz came and I had my Red Handgun ready. I was hoping to leave him at the portal just as he had done, but didn't get so lucky, but, once in the fight, I started causing huge damage. We made it to the final form, and I was still causing 400 damage a hit to Falzy, when all of the sudden, the jerk who left me at the portal suddenly dies. I, who had already hit the X button, (my hard attack) looked over at him as my bullet hit Falz, unintentionally killing him right after that jerk had died, depriving him of the experience. After the battle, he started cussing at me, telling me that I should have waited, and I tried to tell him that it had been a mistake, that I had hit the button right as he died, but he wouldn't listen.

Why do people have to be so rude and stupid?

Firocket1690
Oct 27, 2003, 08:15 PM
Just out of curiosity, what's 'negative feedback' ??
apologies, as I'm not on Xbox. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

anwserman
Oct 27, 2003, 09:14 PM
There are two types of feedback, I forgot what the actual titles are but they fall into two catagories: Positive and Negative.

Positive you can submit "Great Attitude" or "Great Session"

Negative you get a much more selection of possible responses... "Cheating", "Harassment and Threats", "Cursing and Lewdness", "Bad Username" (for all those nasty named FOnewearls)... and I forgot the last one of the 5.

At the end of every week, X-Box Live files up all complaints/compliments towards a person and decides if the situation is severe enough - ban him from playing on Live or banning his voice, for a period of 1 day, two days and two weeks (1st, 2nd and 3rd offense respectively, and every offense thereafter).

So... yeah. People have been forced to change their character names because people complained that their names were rude and such.

Dime
Oct 27, 2003, 09:53 PM
You almost started to cry over a game? I find that quite funny.

shifter
Oct 27, 2003, 10:14 PM
On 2003-10-27 16:21, DOG21313 wrote:
I know, once, I was playing in a normal game, just for the fun of seeing all the bosses again, especially one that I hate making the trip to see, but love fighting, De Rol Le. We made it to the boss portal, and I went up to P2 to get a diska, which would be better in the fight. I got up to P2 and got a Diska out of the bank and headed toward the telepipe, when I hear one of the members of the team who'd been being a jerk the whole way there, say "Sorry, but you don't need the experience." Sure I was on about lv 115, but this made me mad. This jerk made me miss one of my favorite bosses just cuz he had no patience whatsoever. I mean, if you see a 115 in a normal game, do you think hes there for the experience points? Geez... I wasn't upset that I lost the exp. I was upset cuz
1. I wanted to fight De Rol Le, hes one of my fav bosses, definatly better that Vol Opt or Dark Falz, and
2. It upset me that there were such jerks in this world... How big of a loser do you have to be to leave someone standing at the portal...

He got what was coming to him though, Dark Falz came and I had my Red Handgun ready. I was hoping to leave him at the portal just as he had done, but didn't get so lucky, but, once in the fight, I started causing huge damage. We made it to the final form, and I was still causing 400 damage a hit to Falzy, when all of the sudden, the jerk who left me at the portal suddenly dies. I, who had already hit the X button, (my hard attack) looked over at him as my bullet hit Falz, unintentionally killing him right after that jerk had died, depriving him of the experience. After the battle, he started cussing at me, telling me that I should have waited, and I tried to tell him that it had been a mistake, that I had hit the button right as he died, but he wouldn't listen.

Why do people have to be so rude and stupid?

anwserman
Oct 28, 2003, 12:20 AM
On 2003-10-27 18:53, Dime wrote:

Well, not because of the game itself, but because of the rudeness of the jerks playing it. I was fine and dandy until they lied to me, and then told me that the dragon wasn't beat yet - and then the one laughed in our faces.

How can anyone be so rude? Are they oblivious that there is another human being playing with them?

Dime
Oct 28, 2003, 12:32 AM
On 2003-10-27 21:20, anwserman wrote:

Well, not because of the game itself, but because of the rudeness of the jerks playing it. I was fine and dandy until they lied to me, and then told me that the dragon wasn't beat yet - and then the one laughed in our faces.

How can anyone be so rude? Are they oblivious that there is another human being playing with them?

OMG NO SOMEONE LIED TO YOUS

Get over it.

anwserman
Oct 28, 2003, 12:57 AM
Dude, I was stating a point. I am over it, I just wanted to let people know how I felt about how rude people can be. I created the whole topic right after it happened, but yeah I just wanted to rant a little... as this is the forum to rant in if I am correct.

ABDUR101
Oct 28, 2003, 01:05 AM
Exactly, this is the Rants forum. Don't get on someone because they chose to vent here.

Dime
Oct 28, 2003, 01:21 AM
I'm ranting too, I just find the reason some of these people rant ridiculous.

ABDUR101
Oct 28, 2003, 02:40 AM
On 2003-10-27 22:21, Dime wrote:
I just find the reason some of these people rant ridiculous.

Better to vent in the rants forum than take it out in threads elsewhere, right? Thats the point of this forum.

anwserman
Oct 28, 2003, 09:41 AM
On 2003-10-27 22:21, Dime wrote:
I'm ranting too, I just find the reason some of these people rant ridiculous.

Then create your own thread and don't hijack this one. Even though this topic is probably done now, you still hijacked it by telling me to stop ranting.

martian_man
Oct 28, 2003, 10:20 AM
my gran wud be gud in rants http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

DOG21313
Oct 28, 2003, 09:28 PM
On 2003-10-27 21:32, Dime wrote:

Get over it.

They didn't just lie. They stole exp, cheated, and were total jerks to him and the FO. Don't come in here just to tell someone you think they're rant means nothing.

Dime
Oct 28, 2003, 10:09 PM
On 2003-10-28 18:28, DOG21313 wrote:

On 2003-10-27 21:32, Dime wrote:

Get over it.

Don't come in here just to tell someone you think they're rant means nothing.

I just did.

ABDUR101
Oct 28, 2003, 10:50 PM
Dime, enough. They're right, if you're going to rant about the rants on this forum, go make your own thread and don't hijack someone elses. And while you're ranting about someone else's rant, realise the irony if it.

Dime
Oct 28, 2003, 11:07 PM
I'm not ranting about rants in GENERAL I'm ranting about the REASONS most people rant.

ABDUR101
Oct 28, 2003, 11:16 PM
On 2003-10-28 20:07, Dime wrote:
I'm not ranting about rants in GENERAL I'm ranting about the REASONS most people rant.

Hello? Same thing. The reason they're ranting is their rant. =B

Atleast this one was over with and he got to get it out. Don't hijack another thread.