PDA

View Full Version : Whats your favorite classic Phantasy Star

Spartan117
Oct 29, 2003, 07:50 PM
Which is your favorite Phantasy Star.

Alteisen
Oct 29, 2003, 09:38 PM
Phantasy Star: (At the) End of the Millenium / Phantasy Star IV. Great story, likable main characters, the most kickass villains (Zio rules!), and contains the best BGMs in the series (Meet Them Head-On!, Laughter, The King of Terrors, Ooze, Her Last Breath, and THE best character BGM, Thray).

You also forgot PS Adventure, PS Gaiden, and PS PS2 rerelease (not QUITE the same game as PS on the Master System, since it's a complete remake), but ah well.

Shattered_weasel
Oct 29, 2003, 09:41 PM
put your hands down kiddies because everyone knows that PS2 is the best...

Primrose
Oct 30, 2003, 08:38 AM
On 2003-10-29 18:41, Shattered_weasel wrote:
put your hands down kiddies because everyone knows that PS2 is the best...

Agreed, theres no doubt about that.

HUnewearl_Meira
Oct 30, 2003, 04:15 PM
I love the end of PS2... I've never seen a tragic hero scene with more sway than that.

As far as games missing from the list...

Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millenium (Genesis)

Phantasy Star Gaiden (JP Game Gear)

Phantasy Star Adventure (JP Game Gear)

Games no Kan volumes 1 & 2 (A number of text adventures centered around the main characters of Phantasy Star 2 were included on these compilations for the JP Sega CD, originally released on The Japanese Sega Channel; at least two of these have been ported to PC by an individual known as "Naflign", using translations he solicited from other people, including Rebecca Capowski)

Sega ageS Phantasy Star: Generation 1 (Remake of the original Phantasy Star, recently released on the PS2 in Japan-- hopefully headed to US shores before too long)

There's also a number of phan-made games floating around the net, though most are incomplete. Also, Sega intends to reproduce Phantasy Star 2 and Phantasy Star 4 under the Sega ageS label. Unfortunately, there's not been any talk of a remake of Phantasy Star 3, which is a shame, as this is the game that most would agree, is in the most need of a make-over. All that story to observe, and very little animation to hold your attention...

SubstanceD
Oct 30, 2003, 04:44 PM
Phantasy Star 4, easily the best out of the whole lot ( by the way shame on you for not knowing there was a Phantasy Star 4 ).

Up untill the moment I played this game I was convinced that the Phantasy Star series was crap but PS4 just blew me away.

AUTO_
Oct 30, 2003, 06:12 PM
Well, I got the Phantasy Star Collection and GBA player, so I started up PS1 last night. My girl (dear lord I can't even remember her name) is now level 6 and is completely owning those owl bears! I made it to Medusa's cave and I found (odin???) turned to stone, with no idea how to un...stone him.

So I guess right now, my fav old PS game is PS1, because I haven't tried the others yet.

Spartan117
Oct 30, 2003, 06:40 PM
ok next time i do something like this ill remember all those extra games. Like PS 4. But i really had no idea they existed past 3.

Eum
Oct 30, 2003, 06:58 PM
I like PSII for the challenge, and PSIV for its polish. I beat PSII after beating PSIV, so as you can probably imagine, the former took some getting used to.