PDA

View Full Version : Sega Mega Memory Card (4X)

LoTuS
Apr 3, 2001, 10:42 PM
I recently purchased a mega memory card, hearing that you can have a saved character to each of the 4 slots. My friend (who doesn't have his own DC or anything) started to come over and play with a character he made. He's really fallen for the game so I let him come over whenever to play. Anyway. Whenever he goes to play online, he gets the whole 'Line was disconnected' message, and then when it exits to save his game, it says that it can't save, and he loses his character. He's had to make a new character about 7 times now, and it's really frustrating us both, as I was planning on making a couple more chars for myself. We've lost a couple rares and a lot of meseta to this problem. Any help would be MUCH appreciated.
~LoTuS~
~Puck 9~
~HUcast~

LoTuS
Apr 3, 2001, 10:44 PM
By the way, we did have a couple other chars among the other slots, so you -can- have other chars. on a mega card...but what about this whole 'cannot save' business?

Anonymous
Apr 3, 2001, 10:45 PM
Just a quickie Lotus, I posted a very similar plea for help, just below this one called 'need vmu advice'. Keep an eye on it, cos if anyone answers mine, they're gonna answer yours as well, and vice versa.....if u know what i mean...cheers

Logaan
HuMar

charlotte
Apr 4, 2001, 11:16 AM
I had that problem when I plugged a controller in the 3rd port of my DC. By leaving the 3rd joystick port of the DC free I was able to save again on my 3rd party VMU. I don't know if it'll work for you but I hope it will.
btw, make sure your VMU pages have been formatted properly.

cheers,

Grahf
Apr 4, 2001, 12:35 PM
Hey everyone, I had this problem too with the Mega Memory Card. I'd log on and the character would be wiped. So I called up Sega, and asked if it was a Sega brand memory unit, which it wasn't, and bada bing, that was the problem. So my brothers and I each went and bought our own VMUs (SEGA brand of course) and haven't had a single problem.

Hope this answers your question. Email me if you have any other questions about this. =)

MSZ-016
Apr 4, 2001, 03:21 PM
hi,

by using sega memory card (standard vmu or the 4X card) pso works great. using the 4X card, you can save up to 4 chars on one card. very nice and you don't have to worry about 'unable to save' message. i've lost 2 chars myself (stupid bsod) and starting all over was pain in the b**t.

msz-016

LoTuS
Apr 4, 2001, 03:35 PM
So it has to be a Sega card? Damn! I spent 30 bucks on this thing! Sega's really into hogging all the gaming equip. aren't they? Not only can you only have 1 char per VMU when you go to buy other memory cards you waste money not getting the right ones!
*pulls out his Soul Eater and promptly beats Sega to death*
Not that I don't love them or anything. =)
<A HREF="lotus.jpg">

Anonymous
Apr 5, 2001, 03:27 PM
I have an Innovation 4x memory card and I can have characters on all 4 slots no problem.

MSZ-016
Apr 6, 2001, 10:41 PM
Lotus,

Yeah. It helps when you use sega stuff. =_) on the side note, my friend uses interact mega card and he confirmed that it also works well with pso. so if you can't get the official sega 4X card you might want to look for interacts mega card as well. i believe you can get the sega 4X card for 29.95

happy pso'ing. =_)

msz-016

Anonymous
Apr 8, 2001, 11:23 PM
Hey,

I have had the same problem. It's those stupid third party cards. Don't even try! I HAVE reformatted the pages MANY times, and I still lose characters, even when that character hasn't been online! I actually bought 3 different VMU's to be safe. Yes its costly, but you look cool to your silly friends who are still playing that god-awful game everquest, when you show them your multiple translucent colorful VMUs. My blue one looks coolest to me. I'm glad someone has had luck with SEGA 4x cards. However, I have already spent the money.
If you haven't spent that money on VMUs yet the Sega 4X sounds like a good investment.

Johnny
lvl 26 RaMar "Mr. Deckert"
lvl 31 FoNewm "Zann Bruun"
lvl 1 HuCast "Jehuty"

Anonymous
Apr 8, 2001, 11:28 PM
It's Johnny again.

These are the two mem cards that have failed me with PSO:

Performance's 4X Mega Memory Card
8X Massive Memory Card PLUS (company unknown)

MSZ-016
Apr 10, 2001, 05:12 PM
yup. if you only have one vmu, then buy the sega 4X card. it works without a hitch and for only $30, instead of buying a vmu which is $20 spend the extra $10 bucks and get the official sega 4X card.

like Johnny, i had two vmu's and when the file got corrupted (for unknown reason) i got the 4X card. now i have 4 chars on that card plus 1 in the vmu. =_)

i know... pso has me. it's too addicting.

msz-016

Gradius
Apr 12, 2001, 03:10 PM
Always use first party stuff (or at least as much as possible), it just works the best!!!