PDA

View Full Version : I'm an Idiot...Mark II

Reenee
Oct 31, 2003, 11:53 PM
I'm going to bring a video camera with me when I go play DDR tomorrow. In an arcade. In public. While people watch me.

And then I'll upload it for all you to see my beard-o-ness go at it with the damn arrows.

UMA. YOU-EM-AY!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reenee on 2003-10-31 20:54 ]</font>

pixelate
Nov 1, 2003, 12:21 AM
No.

Reenee
Nov 1, 2003, 12:44 AM
No, I really do think so.

Richard
Nov 1, 2003, 07:44 AM
Heh, good luck. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

NKOTB
Nov 1, 2003, 12:03 PM
Cowgirl!

Reenee
Nov 1, 2003, 02:34 PM
By NKOTB's request, I'll upload a teaser. I'll gladly do Cowgirl on Standard...and I've never played that song before either. X3

Richard
Nov 2, 2003, 04:55 AM
Results?

polishedweasel
Nov 2, 2003, 05:02 AM
On 2003-11-01 11:34, Reenee wrote:
By NKOTB's request, I'll upload a teaser. I'll gladly do Cowgirl on Standard...and I've never played that song before either. X3

Don't be a puss, do it on Heavy, it's not that hard anyway. Just lots of "galloping"

It's one of my favorites anyway.

Nai_Calus
Nov 2, 2003, 05:33 AM
Cowgirl == Worst song ever.

I'd rather play Jam Jam Reggae or Make It Better, and I hate those songs.

I'd rather play Maxx Unlimited Heavy Double with one leg cut off and the stump pouring blood all over the pad and making me slip.

I'd rather NEVER PLAY DDR AGAIN than listen to Cowgirl, even once. Yuck.

In other news, Graduation Light Double may very well be the perfect song to introduce newbies to Double. Pad switches, centre stuff, and cross-pad jumps, all at a really slow pace with a low step density.

And MaxX Unlimited Double Light is the worst excuse for a six-footer ever. It's a five-footer, max.

Sakura Standard can die.

I wish I could make videos of myself playing, it would give you all something to die laughing at.

Mixfortune
Nov 2, 2003, 06:16 AM
On 2003-11-02 02:33, Ian-KunX wrote:

Sakura Standard can die.

Sakura Oni can die as well.
Same for Kakumei Oni.

And erm... toss MAX. (period) in the heap, too.

I just happen to be going to Illusionz tomorrow (actually just later today) to do some DDR myself.
Must...AA... V Oni... and CSHILSM... stupid greats...

Nai_Calus
Nov 2, 2003, 07:02 AM
...You can die too. :3

The reason Sakura Standard can die is because I can't pass it. Get too tired. Then again, that's what I get for doing the entire game on Standard instead of two Lights and then the target song. Then again, the one Cata I've ever passed I played as my first song of the day.

Also, the step pattens for Sakura Standard fucking suck. It's illogical and crap. I should go after the Oni steps, they actually make sense, and if I pass them I can add a second cata to the list.

I wish I could play more than three games every couple of months. -_-; Maybe I'd suck less if I could actually, I dunno, practice?

Richard
Nov 2, 2003, 07:07 AM
DDR Accomplishment of the Day:

LEGEND ROAD DOUBLE:

Score - 1280
Time - 1:25:87 (failed at "The March of Death" at the end of MAX 300)

With any luck, I'll be able to get to MAXX UNLIMITED by the end of the week. Although it's highly unlikely I'll be able to oni-spec -that- song anytime soon.

I wish a had a camera or camcorder to take pictures/videos. Maybe I should buy one...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Richard on 2003-11-02 04:41 ]</font>

Richard
Nov 2, 2003, 07:11 AM
The Standard steps for SAKURA are actually very comparable to the Challenge steps. There's a little more Challenge steps, but the patterns are easier to read.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Richard on 2003-11-02 04:43 ]</font>

Bradicus
Nov 2, 2003, 09:08 AM
I played the trombone for a year....

thereby making me a TRRRROOOOOOMBOOOOONER

monkeyfist
Nov 2, 2003, 11:32 AM
well, upload already!!!

Reenee
Nov 2, 2003, 01:42 PM
I wasn't able to go... -_- *sigh* My friend was "busy" helping his dad installing a cabinet in the bathroom...somehow he was sweating bullets from it. o.o??

This upload won't be immediate either. I have some software to refine it...namely Final Cut Pro & Adobe After Effects 6.0, both of which I never used (I did use AFX when I was younger, but I stopped around Version 4). I was thinking of doing some Adult Swim-like titles for the songs I was about to play (not those "cards" that have the random banter, those cards that have the title of the show in capital letters before the show begins). They won't look exactly like them, but you'll see what I mean. Hmm, maybe I can do a quick movie... Ya'll better have Quicktime and Sorenson to see it though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reenee on 2003-11-02 10:43 ]</font>

Captain_Bob
Nov 2, 2003, 06:43 PM
Wow, I thought this would never happen before, but I now officially have no idea what anybody is talking about. And I freakin suck at DDR, period.

Mixfortune
Nov 2, 2003, 10:58 PM
Just got back from Illusionz a few hours ago.
Beat my old Cartoon Heroes Heavy record on: 2x
Beat Sakura Heavy again on: 1x Boost
Rhythm and Police, 1x Reverse Sudden

Within 20 seconds of beating PSM Heavy on 1.5x, but it's not the best I've done on that song.

Within 5-8 seconds (5-8!) of passing Maxx Unlimited Heavy 1x Boost.

And I fudged CSFILSM Heavy 2x, got 8 noncombos :|.
Don't know why I couldn't full combo it like usual.

And completely destroyed V Oni on 2x! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif hehe!

Reenee
Nov 3, 2003, 01:05 AM
On 2003-11-02 15:43, Captain_Bob wrote:
Wow, I thought this would never happen before, but I now officially have no idea what anybody is talking about. And I freakin suck at DDR, period.

Your brain exploded.

Richard
Nov 3, 2003, 07:08 AM
SORROW SINGLE

Score - 4042
Time - 7:51:30 (cleared http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif)

This course is pretty fun. Nice, slow, rhythm songs that aren't tiring at all.

Reenee
Nov 4, 2003, 12:34 AM
I bought DDRMAX2 today...

I played like a madman. Had the game for 5 songs per Game Mode session...

One question:

HOW IN THE HELL IS ONE SUPPOSED TO DO MAXX UNLIMITED!? THAT THING IS GOING AT 600+ BPM! HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

polishedweasel
Nov 4, 2003, 01:31 AM
Maxx unlimited on light?? I can do...I tried on standard, got about 15 seconds into it and failed, and blah blah....Er...is it bad when you fail Drop out on Standard? Because I did today...and Healing Vision 2MB on Heavy, and Paranoia Evo on Heavy....I just failed alot today...I friggin failed the Whistle Song(heavy) My girlfriend thought I was just really tired...maybe I was.

Nai_Calus
Nov 4, 2003, 02:27 AM
On 2003-11-03 21:34, Reenee wrote:
I bought DDRMAX2 today...

I played like a madman. Had the game for 5 songs per Game Mode session...

One question:

HOW IN THE HELL IS ONE SUPPOSED TO DO MAXX UNLIMITED!? THAT THING IS GOING AT 600+ BPM! HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

Now, now, Extra Stage is only 1.5, and MaxX is only 320 or so BPM, so it's not nearly 600BPM.

I still maintain that MaxX Double Light is not a six footer. Or hard. Or draining. Or anything.

Hell, Ba Kkwo Double Basic was 4 feet, and that's more of a challenge(And more fun, too).

Richard
Nov 4, 2003, 07:26 AM
You can find some DDR videos here:

http://www.sherlok.net/mirrors/ddr/

These are from that huge tournament they had a couple weeks ago in New York. There's only a few good ones, but they're still worth checking out. My recommendations:

jsb - legend road.mpg - This was the final round, I beleve. The finalists had to play LEGEND ROAD without the bar (you can clearly see it was removed from the machine in the video.) The player on the right fails at the end of MAXX UNLIMITED, and JSB fails a few seconds into PARANOIA survivor MAX. Still, a good attempt by both players.

jsb vs reflex - legend of maxx.mpg - Full-combo, 491 Perfects, 9 Greats on The legend of MAX. Uhh, need a say more?

goten - psm aa.avi - This one is in horrible quality, you'll probably need to adjust your monitor brightness to even see it. The player on the right, GOTEN, I think is the best player from Arizona.

NOTE: The site is linked to the owner's computer. Meaning the owner, sherl0k, has to be online to access the site. So if it doesn't work, try back later.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Richard on 2003-11-04 04:28 ]</font>

Reenee
Nov 4, 2003, 11:59 PM
*shudder*

I just played 250 songs by controller in DDRMAX 2, therefore, unlocking every possible song, course, and feature. I'm gonna like Endless Mode.

Kakumei is in there...ooooooo...it kicks ass, though!