PDA

View Full Version : Seven whole days offline. And heres what I learned.

Mystil
Nov 3, 2003, 10:10 AM
That patience is one of the most important traits of a persons personality. Atleast for me.

The story as to why I've been offline is too long to type down. But in short, my ISP was providing me the wrong information, and since switching over to thier own mainframe in 2001(leaving excite) they provised my modem in the system incorrectly. The same with my previous modem, which had died.

I bought a new one. THIS time it was intergraded into the system properly by the right people. My modem will never disconnect again.

What I did while offline though, was kill some time by trying out the rest of the character classes in PSO. Using my FO and HU(142 and 149) would be too easy offline. I got some needed sleep too. Yes I have other games, but because I was without internet connection, I wasn't motivated to pull out the 'box' so to speak.

This is perfect time though, as I can get my site ready for 2004. Hopefully I will never have to rant and rave about me having a Cable Modem and disconnecting so much on it.

ssephiroth_da_hunter
Nov 3, 2003, 05:41 PM
At least u can play online. Ive been playin PSO offline since I got the game. I want to play online but my connection is slow. Poor me.... Patience is the key to playin offline cause you cant do as much online.

Mystil
Nov 3, 2003, 05:45 PM
Exactly what I meant by my first line too.

The game is easier offline though. So that's a good compensation.

PhoenixOfHate
Nov 3, 2003, 08:44 PM
Offline isn't that bad.. I stick to it and if you got friends that will play split screen with you its ok.. Though it is nothing like playing online..

NKOTB
Nov 3, 2003, 11:13 PM
If I had to pick between either on or offline play I would have to go with offline. 99% of people online I wouldn't want to play, and the 1% I would I can't find.
Easier to just play on my own whenever I want.

Scejntjynahl
Nov 4, 2003, 10:40 AM
I have been an offline veteran for the longest time. I have recently gone online since October 22nd. And I have to admit that offline is a little easier and great for the telepipe trick... but online is sheer fun with the right people. Luckily for me I have found at least three people that have made the game even more fun for me. They are Aeka, Scott, and most importantly Si'ev. They are also members of psow. But online is diffenetly the best, of course with the right people http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif !!!

GANBATE KUDASAI

_Ted_
Nov 6, 2003, 10:48 PM
On 2003-11-03 20:13, NKOTB wrote:
If I had to pick between either on or offline play I would have to go with offline. 99% of people online I wouldn't want to play, and the 1% I would I can't find.

Are you on X-box or GC? I'm on GC and the majority of the people I meet are quite enjoyable to play with.

polishedweasel
Nov 6, 2003, 11:56 PM
On 2003-11-06 19:48, _Ted_ wrote:

Are you on X-box or GC? I'm on GC and the majority of the people I meet are quite enjoyable to play with.

He play's GC...

Mystil
Nov 7, 2003, 09:25 AM
On 2003-11-06 19:48, _Ted_ wrote:

No they aren't...

Since people started skipping monsters and going to straight to bosses on TTF. And I was left to fight three waves of Gillchics, while they went on to fight Vol. I don't agree with you. People in PSO completly stink. There's no more teamwork. Just leveling and being mean to one another. You're probably just talking about your friends..

klepto
Nov 8, 2003, 10:19 AM
I have the same goddam modem problem. Works fine for everything I want to do except for goddam counterstrike, which I like to play alot. Come to find out, its the only modem that it doesnt support, so it disconnects my modem every time I try to play it. Now at least I know when I get the internet at my house, I'm sure as hell not getting comcast.

LeviathanIX
Feb 20, 2004, 01:03 PM
Playing online is the best, no questions asked, as long as you stay off of Vega, thats where the assholes are, if you go to altair, there ae virtually NO AR users, and all legit, so if you want to have a friendly battle, of an episode 2 run through, thats the place to be.

geewj
Feb 20, 2004, 01:05 PM
Read the rules about the fourms before posting anymore please.