PDA

View Full Version : Goth chicks

Bradicus
Nov 3, 2003, 10:20 PM
In the last year, four chicks that i know have just kinda "gothed". I have known them for a few years, and it just happened over night. The thing that really burns my biscuit is that they have not changed at all (they try to be all "the world sucks" ish, but they fail). For two, it has made them look like retards, but the other two actually look "cuter" (in a funny sort of way) because of it.

Shattered_weasel
Nov 3, 2003, 10:24 PM
Goths scare me after i had a conversation with one about what they thought was kinky and she said tying him up in the woods and then cutting him with a razor. Then licking off the blood........ooook

Bradicus
Nov 3, 2003, 10:27 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif
masicists (sp?) are HUGE freaks.

Kizaragu
Nov 3, 2003, 10:28 PM
So brad, are you for or against goths? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
I personally think some are ok, just as long as they don't go over the top.
I went gothy once, Black hair, black clothes and what not but I felt I stood out too much (well more than usual) and I didn't really have the 'attitude.'
Now I'm just plain old me and all the better for it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ABDUR101
Nov 3, 2003, 11:10 PM
"the world sucks", "people suck", "blah blah" is so overdone it's not even funny.

But then I guess if you want to see the world as your own personal hell, your choice!

If it's for the fashion, fine, but you can have the piss poor outlook on life without going through the hassle of posing.

Enyalis_Cho
Nov 3, 2003, 11:44 PM
On 2003-11-03 20:10, ABDUR101 wrote:
"the world sucks", "people suck", "blah blah" is so overdone it's not even funny.

But then I guess if you want to see the world as your own personal hell, your choice!

If it's for the fashion, fine, but you can have the piss poor outlook on life without going through the hassle of posing.

You took the words right out of my mouth. I can't help but wonder why most poser goths aren't into country music, with the way they piss and moan about how their lives suck.

polishedweasel
Nov 4, 2003, 01:33 AM
I think its just another way to reach out for attention. I think it's completely stupid and noone should have to act like that for attention. Yeah, I'm done.

Mixfortune
Nov 4, 2003, 03:02 AM
Hmm the ones you seem to have mentioned, Bradicus, look to me like they are trying something they know nothing about and lean upon the stereotypical assumptions that make them look like complete idiots. There are many who really are depressed and may end up with the "gothish" look without consciously being one. "Goth" and whatnot has been reduced to a stereotypical fashion that "everyone does to be unique" and "so cool they don't have to care".

So it's pretty selfish of them actually. Shows they know nothing about the people that actually may have issues so that they can feint care on a whim.

Am I "goth" or "depressed"? No.
Does that mean I shouldn't be alarmed at crap like this? No.

This fad is getting really annoying as a whole.
About the 34 in particular, it's just a phase... like teething or crawling...yeah.

EDIT- Number.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2003-11-04 00:03 ]</font>

ABDUR101
Nov 4, 2003, 05:37 AM
All the same, you can have a ton of screwed up crap happen to you, and it all comes down to how you let it effect you. Life isn't about what happens to you, it's how you let it effect you.

To me, being a goth doesn't mean you have to have a piss poor attitude toward life, people, authority or anything. You can do that easily enough with your current wardrobe, and hey, you'll be labeled as a drama queen, since thats what you'd actually be.

And posers trying to be goths, dear God. Give me a break. Yeah, middle or upper class kids who are well off, whining about life, authority(PARENTS) and everyone they don't like(people). Yeah, did I mention alot of them are usually better off than the average joe?

Maybe if half of them stopped being whiny bitches and actually tried to look past the little mound of dirt that they've dug out of the ground to try and bury themselves in, they'd see that life is only as good as you make it out to be.

Yeah, bad stuff happens, and often. And yeah, you should acknowledge it if you need to, if it helps you get through it. But for the love of God, don't dwell on it.

And I'm not directing any of that at anyone, just in general from alot of what I've seen on my own.

..ah, yes...that felt good. Ta. =D

PontiusR
Nov 4, 2003, 06:36 AM
Goth=tribes of Europe prevalent around the time of the fall of Pax Romana. Never wore black. Were polytheistic so they didn't blame "god" for all their problems. A very uneducataed tribe who were somewhat skilled fighters, though as tribes banded together they really disbanded as a whole. Many Americans have Goth blood in them therefore, but however Goths are just a split tribe themselves so that statement is not 100% accurate.

Most Goths will not cut themselves. They hear a fucking Slipknot song about it and think its cool. Some do. Just to make sure that they're alive and have vitality. Just to be different. Just to shock some poor Christian kid. Thats the definition, in my opinion.

Bradicus
Nov 4, 2003, 08:04 AM
Fuck all of you http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
there isnt a damn useful thing to say left!
ah well, i am aware that it is all a cry for attention, and most of the girls live in cookie cutter houses in the "rich" end of town (like me!).

They bitch, and moan, but i can still make them laugh with out really trying. They will probobly grow out of it the second that they realize that it's a shit load harder to get a job whilst sporting a black trench coat in Summer.

Mixfortune
Nov 4, 2003, 11:44 AM
On 2003-11-04 02:37, ABDUR101 wrote:
All the same, you can have a ton of screwed up crap happen to you, and it all comes down to how you let it effect you. Life isn't about what happens to you, it's how you let it effect you.

To me, being a goth doesn't mean you have to have a piss poor attitude toward life, people, authority or anything. You can do that easily enough with your current wardrobe, and hey, you'll be labeled as a drama queen, since thats what you'd actually be.

And posers trying to be goths, dear God. Give me a break. Yeah, middle or upper class kids who are well off, whining about life, authority(PARENTS) and everyone they don't like(people). Yeah, did I mention alot of them are usually better off than the average joe?

Hmm you did a much better job than I did... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

The_Hero_Of_Time
Nov 4, 2003, 12:06 PM
WOW, you just described my whole school! I hate it so much, I walk down the halls and all I see are 6th, 7th, 8th and some 9th 10th and 11th graders wearing those $100 pants and $50 shirts, all black. I just want to walk up to them and punch them all in the face.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The_Hero_Of_Time on 2003-11-04 09:19 ]</font>

LollipopLolita
Nov 4, 2003, 01:52 PM
On 2003-11-04 09:06, The_Hero_Of_Time wrote:
wearing those $100 pants and $50 shirts, all black. I just want to walk up to them and punch them all in the face.

it's their money and their decision on how to spend it, it's up to them. they're not harming anyone. and wearing all black doesn't mean they're goth.

anyone or sub culture that idealizes depression, suicide and self mutiliation has issues to correct in my opinion.

16 year old complaining about life when they haven't begun to live and don't know what life is about. then again it's sadder when a 22 year old does it.

fashion wise it's harmless, everyone should have the right to wear whatever they want if it doesn't anger or harm anyone else. if something about the way another person dresses (if that person dresses harmlessly) annoys you, then there's something wrong with you.

the mentality is another thing all together.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-11-04 11:18 ]</font>

Eum
Nov 4, 2003, 02:03 PM
People should do what makes them happy. If devoting themselves to a [now] fashion which embraces angst and typically cheesy "hobbies" does it, then so be it.

It's easy to label things as transparent, but it's not as easy to come to the realization that by doing so, you're presenting yourself as jealous and judgemental. Surround yourself with the type of people you enjoy.

ABDUR101
Nov 4, 2003, 04:49 PM
I agree that when it comes to their money being spent, thats their business. All the same if I went out and spent money on clothes that I liked and felt comfortable in, I would'nt want someone getting on me about it.

And yeah, everyone should do what makes them happy. But, if you're going to phase into an angst ridden mood to go along with the fashion that you chose, you have to take the criticism like everyone else does. It's one thing to just like the clothes and fashion, it's another thing to have that bad attitude towards everything, and entirely different to "adopt" a piss poor attitude and the goth clothes to be the next fad, as a poser.

Jealous though? No, not of something like that. Judgemental? By some definitions, yeah most likely. But more so giving my opinion on the matter. My opinion means squat except to those who agree with it.

Everyone can do whatever they want if it makes them happy and it doesn't directly harm or effect someone else. But all the same, how you portray yourself to everyone else is going to give different feedback. I've met people who can dress rather different and still be well liked, because their disposition is great. Then I've met people who dress like everyone else and are quite ignorant. It all comes down to you.

You put off the angsty, "I hate everything" feel, then I'd say you're going to get judged harshly by alot of people. Sure, if that makes you happy, whether you're posing or not, have fun, but again, don't whine because you feel like an outcast when you pretty much made yourself one.

The_Hero_Of_Time
Nov 4, 2003, 05:02 PM
Ya the thing is, they all act like they hate everyone, my sister started acting that way(like I said, everyone in my school) and she got dumber and is unpleasnt to be around now....well then I think its hard to beleive that you can get stupid in a couple days and all of a sudden hate people(unless the WHOLE humanrace did something to you personally). I think its just the "cool" thing to do these days. And about the money thing, ya I agree that spend the money the way you wanna spend it, but I also think that $100 for pants is over doing it, unless its suit pants.

Nei3rd
Nov 4, 2003, 06:16 PM
Wow I work with em! Yes a 20 something married man that works with a bunch of goths. They're ok, I just try to stay away from the whole metal band rants. If it gets to crazy I pipe up and say "Goddamn white people stole jazz from the black man! What the hell? Why does the black man gotta suffer!?". Makes em shut up real quick!

Eum
Nov 5, 2003, 11:15 AM
I think the missed link is how most of the people "whining" about being outcasts and so on and so forth aren't sincere. Like you should understand, the attitude stems from the fashion and the people on top who support it. Branching out more into social classification, it becomes overly apparent that the entire subculture that's evolved from the fashion is not unlike any other subculture in that there are certain expectations placed on people involved with it. This sometimes frustrating attitude can be one of them.

Furthermore, from my personal experiences, I'd say that there aren't a lot of people involved with it that do complain about being outcasts. Most of the complaining deals with the "other side of things" which isn't a fashion/subculture that is as appealing. On the contrary; it's a different way to "fit in."

It's important to take into consideration that a lot of this has to do with an individual's personal maturity. I completely agree with Abdur's comment about disposition, because that's really what it all comes down to. As people mature, they realize that such should be worked on more than an appearance or widely [not in respect to the majority] appreciated attitude. Yes; be yourself. It's just about realizing you're not going to remain consistent throughout your life. No one says you have to accept every stage of growth, but don't complain about it.

Kizaragu
Nov 5, 2003, 07:40 PM
I'm now paranoid that I look a goth.
As I waiting at the bus stop after the Disapointment that was the New matrix movie, A goth and her mate came up and started chatting to me. They asked me what music I was into and what not and seemed nice enough. They even asked me if I was one! (Goth that is).
Damn last buses... I wanted to stay and chat. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

So my opinions changed slightly. Just because someone looks a goth, doesn't mean they are one. I'm a prime example of that.
(Newly died black hair, wallet chain, paleness and what not.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kizaragu on 2003-11-05 16:42 ]</font>

klepto
Nov 7, 2003, 07:53 PM
There are 2 goth kids at my school. believe it or fucking not, there is this one messed up adopted kid who listens to gospel music while he says "screw society". The other is his girlfriend, who is a literal whale. Im not kidding folks, she is over 240 pounds and has fat rolls all over. She dyed her hair black and walks around with a Good Charlotte sweatshirt on after school. I go to a catholic school, so we have to wear uniforms. Good charlotte, how goth. Jesus fucking christ people if your gonna be retarted at least make it good. Its not even rock, it's pop. Jesus christ people you goths suck.

LordCronai
Nov 7, 2003, 08:27 PM
My philosophy right here:
Goth chicks are hot.

darthsaber9x9
Nov 7, 2003, 09:04 PM
On 2003-11-07 17:27, LordCronai wrote:
Goth chicks are hot.

*coughmarilynmansontaintedlovevideo*

yeah GOOD FUCKING CHARLOTTE!!! I HATE THOSE BUGGERS! i think that if someone wants to become a goth thats fine by me. as long as they dont start affecting me in a negative way with their attitude. and theres slightly more to beign a proper goth person that just dressing in black and sayign "screw you". nehoot im tired. nighte= people!!1 o and theres more to goth music than FUCKING SLIPKNOT

Reenee
Nov 7, 2003, 09:30 PM
To all people who want to be Goths...

Go for the look, not the 'tude. If any girls are listening, dye your hair in some neon hue. ^.^

Ketchup345
Nov 7, 2003, 09:37 PM
On 2003-11-04 02:37, ABDUR101 wrote:

I agree, live life as you feel you should, and take everything your own way.

Many people who are/pretend to be/dress Goth in my school don't have that view as far as I know. Actually, the ones who do feel negative about the world in my school aren't the ones who look it. They are the ones who look "normal" or as geeks/losers http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nerd.gif. And many have a reason for that. Mine is that most people (80%+) are idiots. They don't know anything about anything, are inconsiderate, don't know how to drive (or be a nice driver; try getting out of my school parking lot if you leave the building 3 minutes after the bell rang, noone will let you out, well, maybe there are a few nice people who would; even adults have this problem though), and several other things I can't think of. They also probably are afraid of death, and most wouldn't try and kill themselves. Many wouldn't kill themselves, but most likely would be afraid if Bush ever found the "Red Button." I don't think I'm better off than anyone else. But I do feel that the world would be better off if I (or someone else) were to pick certain people to keep around, and others to be "erased" from existance.

The good I can see in most of my day is this: getting home, finishing homework, and if I have time, playing PSO or Soul Caliber 2, and getting to work then listening to the Wigout (if its a Friday).

Also, I don't dress in all black, or try to do anything like they do, as I see most of what they do a waste, that they could be using that time to do one of the things I listed that I enjoy doing.

Maybe if half of them stopped being whiny bitches and actually tried to look past the little mound of dirt that they've dug out of the ground to try and bury themselves in, they'd see that life is only as good as you make it out to be.
Yeah, bad stuff happens, and often. And yeah, you should acknowledge it if you need to, if it helps you get through it. But for the love of God, don't dwell on it.
And I'm not directing any of that at anyone, just in general from alot of what I've seen on my own.
..ah, yes...that felt good. Ta. =D

Most of them probably don't see everything as negative, maybe not even half, but I wouldn't know. There are only certain times when you can see a possibility of anything being positive though. Also, bad stuff does happen to everyone, but most of the time the bad stuff outweighs the good. I think I remember hearing a saying that "If something can go wrong, it most likely will." Also, if you come to expect the bad to happen, many times you will find that many of your predictions are correct. I'm working on a saying going something like: "Pessimists have a better time, as they come to expect the bad in every situation, and don't waste time trying to find any hope in that; while optimists come to expect good to happen, but sometimes can't find it in every situation" like I said, it is still in developement.

On 2003-11-04 03:36, PontiusR wrote:
Most Goths will not cut themselves. They hear a ****ing Slipknot song about it and think its cool. Some do. Just to make sure that they're alive and have vitality. Just to be different. Just to shock some poor Christian kid. Thats the definition, in my opinion.

I agree, they probably wouldn't harm themselves, and would do everything possible to prevent that. They don't listen to all the right music. They (Goths) should try listening to some Classic Rock, which has many songs about death, and other negative things (Hotel California, Bohemian Rhapsody {good song, nothing really good happens in it <character fated to die>}, Behind Blue Eyes {blaming people for one's evil}, along with many other songs). They should try listening to that instead of Slipknot or whatever they listen to.

Goth chicks are hot.

Guess you don't go to my school. Everyone who is is http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_barf.gif for the most part.

To close with a few words from Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody

If I'm not back again this time tomorrow
Carry on, carry on, as if nothing really matters
Too late, my time has come
Sends shivers down my spine
Body's aching all the time
Goodbye everybody - I've got to go
Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth

I feel that that means a lot, and the person doesn't care as much about himself as he does others, by telling them to live life as normal, and not to worry about him. Also, he realizes that everyone dies sometime, and everyone ends up in the same place. He also realizes that there is a consequence for everything a person does (for every action there is an opposite but equal reaction; applies to more than Physics).

Don't worry about me, just had to vent a little, and say that there is a possibility to be negative about stuff without being Goth. Also, I am probably mentally moreso than many that act it, but around most people (except certain friends), I act like the world's biggest optimist, which I'm not as you can see above.

[/rant]

Wow, I'm exhausted. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_dead.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2003-11-08 11:58 ]</font>

Bradicus
Nov 7, 2003, 11:28 PM
Goth chicks are hot.

it can happen, (and when it does... damn!) but it is far more likely to be the other way around in most cases.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bradicus on 2003-11-08 04:55 ]</font>

Enyalis_Cho
Nov 8, 2003, 03:58 AM
I agree with Ketchup on that whole being pessimist thing. I'm very pessimistic, but I'm never disappointed, only pleasently surprised.

Bradicus
Nov 8, 2003, 07:58 AM
In the summer, i sport a different flower shirt evey day of the week. It is priceless when i sit down beside a goth, and start talking about how much life sucks http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

LordCronai
Nov 8, 2003, 07:18 PM
On 2003-11-07 20:28, Bradicus wrote:

Goth chicks are hot.

it can happen, (and when it does... damn!) but it is far more likely to be the other way around in most cases.

For how shitty my school is, it makes up in how hot the goth chicks are.

RuneLateralus
Nov 9, 2003, 09:23 PM
Go to my school. You a good amount of Goths.

However, none of them are really depressed or sad. Just a look.

ShadowLord
Nov 10, 2003, 12:51 AM
Ugh, I really wanted to ignore this thread, but something in my head screamed at me to say something...why? I don't know...

I suppose the first thing is that I find it really quite ironic that most of you are sitting around here, bitching and moaning about a group of people supposedly based on hating people and the world. Dare I say some of you hate them? Oh my, there's a itty bitty goth in all of you. =D

Abdur, generally I agree with what you have to say, but this time I've got to at least pose a question to you regarding one statement you made...

So, how do you suppose they do that? How in this world of hate, as they see it, are they supposed to actually see something beyond what they know (this is, of course, assuming you're speaking of real goths, not just posers)? Who is there to show them anything better? Certainly not many of the people who posted on this thread are gonna lend much of a hand...it's quite obvious most of you don't like goths. Thus, an endless, self-fulfilling cycle. I hate you, you hate me, we're all fucked up, you see? When no one wants to lend a hand, nothing will get better.

I feel rather sorry for the goth name, actually. I have the feeling it's morphed into something completely different from what it originally was. Can't we just get a new name for these bastard children? >_<

Edit: On second thought, I'd better delete that one line you'll all never see...>_>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowLord on 2003-11-09 21:54 ]</font>

ABDUR101
Nov 10, 2003, 03:14 AM
Well if you're already hating the world for what you see, I guess thats just it then right? If you think life sucks, people suck and all that, you're pretty much in that until you snap out of your crap attitude. Whats someone else gonna say or do to change your mind? You're the only one that can really do that when you're going to make a mass assumption about everything and everyone.

Again, life is what you make of it. You can let everything effect you negatively, or not. Back to the whole "how you portray yourself" ordeal. Have a crap attitude, you're going to get judged for it. If that just keeps the little wheels of hate turning, well too bad I guess because you're the one being negative. Nobody likes a negative nancy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2003-11-10 00:22 ]</font>

opaopajr
Nov 11, 2003, 06:00 AM
i like the music, i like the fashion, i like some of the people involved.

most of the more entertaining goths are very intelligent and fun people. they find teenage children posing for angst and desperately searching for attention (so others can capture a brief moment of their tortured soul in exquisite pain... blah blah blah) sad.

but the same goes for young lost teens searching for identity in any group. they really are the most irritating, but as an adult you need to be mature and realizing they are trying to fashion their identity - in fragile baby steps. psychology anyone?

let 'em be. as long as they don't get in your face about it, like other groups have been known to do, i don't see the harm.

PS: i had fun dressing gothic for a rave and dancing a mix of hip hop/goth and dressing as raver for a goth club and dancing bellydance/drum'n'bass. had a friend dress goth to a country bar and line dance. it's all good fun. no borders, man.

hollowtip
Nov 18, 2003, 04:01 AM
It's so funny how people have to find groups or organizations to latch onto, especially when it's associated with negative action (the KKK, Black Panthers, goth lifestyle, any sorority/fraternity initiations). Just shows how ignorant and weak minded people are. Why would anyone want to classify themselves within a certain group and only that group? Seems to me like it takes away a persons independance and individuality.

I guess that's going a little off topic, but I just hate how people have to band together to make themselves feel "apart of somethin." For what reason? Be yourself, have your own morals and beliefs, following set standards seems a little lazy and restricted to me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hollowtip on 2003-11-18 01:02 ]</font>

Jaks
Nov 18, 2003, 04:27 PM
Bradicus copied me! But seriously he didn't but I was thinking on doing that. A KODAK MOMENT!:D