PDA

View Full Version : posted this in general, can't revive fallen team mates

Wereallmad
Apr 4, 2001, 09:55 AM
I can't revive any of my team mates. At first I just thought it was odd coincidences that moon atomizers never seemed to work, usualy I just figured someone else revived them before me. Then, I was playing with a group of friends at Dark Falz.

I got slaughtered immediatly by the spikes, and then revived just in time to see both my comerads slaughtered by DF. I ran over to one and attemted to use a moon atomizer, nothing. I kept trying, and still nothing. In my attempt I forgot to heal myself and was, consequently slaughtered as well.

After being throughly chewed out for standing over my comerads corpse for 30 seconds not doing anything, I explained the situation.

I figured it was an odd bug, but I'll just let it go. Recently I got reverser. I was happy that I would finaly be able to revive my team mates, in case of another emergency. However I was, unfortunatly in for a surprise. Though reverser would actualy be cast (moon atmoziers did nothing), it would not revive a person.

Now then. Since I mainly play with only friends, this is not a huge issue. You only have to explain it once. But in public games, it's hard not to be branded as a theif or something (I've never stolen anyone elses stuff, but people naturaly assume that is why you are howevering over their corpse, not reviving them).

I was talking to someone the other day about this, and they asked me if I had an import copy of PSO. I said no. Then they asked if I had an import Dreamcast, and the answer is yes. I do. I pre-ordered it before the Japanese release considering I buy mainly import games, and at the time their were no DC mod chips, or bootdiscs, or gamesharks for that matter. In any case, he said that this is a known error when using a foreign copy of PSO on a Dreamcast from another region. But he said that the Utopia Bootdisk sould fix that problem. Unfortunately it doesn't, since I'm using this particular bootdisk.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue? Is their an updated boot disk? I got mine quite some time ago, and it could be a beta copy of some sort. Has anyone else experienced this same problem?

Thanx for your time.

charlotte
Apr 4, 2001, 11:17 AM
replied in general