PDA

View Full Version : I dropped my 130 pound Minidisc Player in the Toilet.

Kizaragu
Nov 4, 2003, 07:01 PM
That pretty much somes it up. It's now useless.
I can't find the receipt and it's 'guarentee' is almost up. Fan-bloody-Tastic.

Oooh how I used to laugh when people would quite often say they dropped their phones in said lavatories.

Irony is a cruel sadistic bitch.

Anyone else dropped anything expensive in ones loo?
(Keep it clean please).

(Due to Confusion.
The Pound = English Currency)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kizaragu on 2003-11-04 16:36 ]</font>

monkeyfist
Nov 4, 2003, 07:24 PM
ohhhhhhhhhh... 130 pounds in money, right?? (at first a thought you meant 130pounds as in weight)

NKOTB
Nov 4, 2003, 07:26 PM
On 2003-11-04 16:24, monkeyfist wrote:
ohhhhhhhhhh... 130 pounds in money, right?? (at first a thought you meant 130pounds as in weight)

ditto

anyway, I feel for ya

Allos
Nov 4, 2003, 07:30 PM
Oh that's right! Your British aren't you! Silly little tea bag! lol jk

monkeyfist
Nov 4, 2003, 07:34 PM
i'll sweep ya chimney for a farthing, govnah!!

crazy brits. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

pixelate
Nov 4, 2003, 09:00 PM
I was gonna say...130 lbs. for a mini disc player...

monkeyfist
Nov 4, 2003, 09:04 PM
look at the widespread chaos/confusion/mayhem/mac & cheese you started!!! just by being british!!!

Saiffy
Nov 4, 2003, 09:25 PM
On 2003-11-04 18:04, monkeyfist wrote:
look at the widespread chaos/confusion/mayhem/mac & cheese you started!!! just by being british!!!

what cheese?

UltimateEnigma
Nov 4, 2003, 10:57 PM
You are mad!

Aunt_Betty
Nov 4, 2003, 11:43 PM
*Soda comes out of nose* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...er...I mean...how sad.

monkeyfist
Nov 4, 2003, 11:51 PM
i've gone absolutely daft/batty/mad/bonkers/mac & cheese

StrongBad
Nov 5, 2003, 01:27 AM
Ive dropped my wallet in the crapper which had around 50 bucks and some gift cards worth about 200 bucks altogether and the wallet itself cost about 10 bucks. There was piss in the crapper so I did not want to get it with my hands and when I went to get something to get it out, my older brother did not see it, took a crap on it, and flushed it down the toilet. I threw his MP3 player in the crapper to get him back and broke some of his videogames.

toxic_420
Nov 5, 2003, 08:53 AM
i use LOL all the time, but never actually laugh out loud, its more of an inner laugh.
but today, for the first ever time, i LAUGHED OUT LOUD in REAL LIFE at something i saw on the internet.
it was this:

Ive dropped my wallet in the crapper which had around 50 bucks and some gift cards worth about 200 bucks altogether and the wallet itself cost about 10 bucks. There was piss in the crapper so I did not want to get it with my hands and when I went to get something to get it out, my older brother did not see it, took a crap on it, and flushed it down the toilet. I threw his MP3 player in the crapper to get him back and broke some of his videogames.

funniest.
story.
evar.

Kizaragu
Nov 5, 2003, 09:00 AM
heh. First time I read it, It didn't get much of a responce out of me. I just felt sorry for the guy.

Second time I laughed my ass off. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Zaneatron
Nov 5, 2003, 10:14 AM
i have to say it but this is a reason why certain people dont like Americans. you didnt consider the other meanings of words such as pound. if us "brits" could use the pound sign on tis site it would prolly have made the conncetion in your brain, but no. psow doesnt let us use it, it replaces it with a ? every time.
comon people, what context would he be talking in. why would we care if it was 130 lbs. if money is introduced it becomes a lot more reasonable to be annoyed.
the reason everyone else in this world knows what you mean, is because its rammed down our throats every day. a survey was made in England on how many people knew what our emergency number was. the results showed that more people knew what the american one was, instead of the UK one.
dont forget that the world doesnt consist of just the good 'ol USA, there are other people out there with different currencies, languages, policies and what not.
now get your prez to move you out of imperial units, and use fucking metric, the rest of the world pretty much does, why cant you. if you were using it there would be no confusion here.
Good day.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zaneatron on 2003-11-05 07:16 ]</font>

Mixfortune
Nov 5, 2003, 10:56 AM
Americans are also a bunch of clowns, in case you didn't notice. This entire thread has been one joke after another, Zane. It's not like every American says "Do it MY way or not at all!". I think it's funny that America is in many ways behind the times, but that doesn't mean we can't make fun of that fact, can we?

Anyways, there's no need to ruin a perfectly good FKL thread by having a conversation in it. And by "Americans are a bunch of clowns", I was merely referring to the fact that we were joking (at least I hope you were...).

This post is not meant to be a flame.

Just a suggestion, though. Take FKL threads with a grain of salt...

Zaneatron
Nov 5, 2003, 11:05 AM
im sorry but i dont agree with you Mix. im not trying to start an arguement, but this is the way things are. I was probably a bit harsh in that first one i made, after all, monkeyfist did work it out in the end, obviously not having to edit his responce.

But this thread could just as easily be in off topic or rants, i guess the mods would be all over me and give me a warning, but just because this is fresh kills i cant say something meaningful, meh. im too ill/tired/fucked in the head to continue this. i stand by what i first said. if you have a problem with it, tell it to jesus/kizaragu. hes english as well, let him deal with it.

Mixfortune
Nov 5, 2003, 11:21 AM
Yeah, that's fine. I was basically saying that because I didn't want this to turn into an argument either.

Carry on.

Bradicus
Nov 5, 2003, 11:50 AM
I dropped my girlfriend's toothbrush in the toilet...

Erendell
Nov 5, 2003, 01:28 PM
I have a nasty habit of dropping money down the toilet http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Viva las toilet brushes and shops!

Mixfortune
Nov 5, 2003, 01:40 PM
On 2003-11-05 08:50, Bradicus wrote:
I dropped my girlfriend's toothbrush in the toilet...

So did you throw it away? Or wash it? Or just put it back?

Allos
Nov 5, 2003, 03:43 PM
Or stick it in your ass and then put it back? Eh? Eh? All right....

Mixfortune
Nov 5, 2003, 04:00 PM
On 2003-11-05 12:43, Allos wrote:
Or stick it in your ass and then put it back? Eh? Eh? All right....

He must have mistaken it for his own toothbrush, if that was the case.

monkeyfist
Nov 5, 2003, 06:16 PM
americans don't want to put up with learning metric prefixes. and our games would be messed up. what would happen to 500 foot home runs and 79-football passes? just go like this:

$UK

Zaneatron
Nov 5, 2003, 06:38 PM
what prefixes? 500 foot? 79 football passes? $UK?
what does this all mean?

we know what the imperial measurements are as well as metric, ffs we invented them, i think.
and im particually confused by the prefixes statement, ffs, you know what a centimetre is, thats metric, and yet you still do things in feet. i admit in "football" or soccer as you would call it, is some times still called in yards. so the penalty area is sometimes called the 18 yard box, because its 18 yards between the goal and the line parellel with it. but then again if it were in metres it wouls be some stupid number. i think feet is used the way you say it is to make it sound that much better. its a distance people are used to so it works. instead they could say its a 180 yard pass, but it doesnt have the same effect as 500

Allos
Nov 5, 2003, 06:40 PM
Right......BUT WHO WON THE REVOLUTIONARY WAR HUH??? That's what I thought! lol jk

Zaneatron
Nov 5, 2003, 06:43 PM
but then again the constitution shows how retarded you are

Allos
Nov 5, 2003, 06:50 PM
I believe I said jk, but if you wish to continue I have an arsenal up my sleeve.

Bradicus
Nov 5, 2003, 06:53 PM
And due to the american constitution, you cant take away said arsenal.

(j/k .... kinda)

Allos
Nov 5, 2003, 06:55 PM
Daaaaaaamn straight! lol

Zaneatron
Nov 5, 2003, 06:57 PM
i stand by my statement, it seems even worse whn you see the simpsons (episodes containing the consitution)

also seeing i live in England your stupid constitution means nothing here, as does your proverbial arsenal

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zaneatron on 2003-11-05 15:58 ]</font>

Kizaragu
Nov 5, 2003, 06:57 PM
All I have to say is...

How did a topic about dropping expensive stuff in a toilet, turn into an intelligent conversation? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
Shame on you FK!

Bradicus
Nov 5, 2003, 07:04 PM
I live in Canada, so dont assume im defending them *glares at americans* but it is not wise to base one's oppinion on a country around a satire bit in a show. Almost every country's legeslation has its dirty little secrets.

Granted, america's constitution contains SEVERAL flaws, but every country is in a state of change (especially now).

Bradicus
Nov 5, 2003, 07:04 PM
fucking laggy computer ouble posted me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bradicus on 2003-11-05 16:07 ]</font>

Zaneatron
Nov 5, 2003, 07:18 PM
thats better, i was getting lag too. i was going to say you double posted but youd sorted it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

but no, i havent based my opinions on teh simpsons, that would be stupid, its far to accurate (jk)
im not stupid, but if you have the right to keep a gun above your mantle peice or something to shoot a british person legally you have something wrong with your law. especially seeing that we're their best friends in the whole entire world, laa dee laa dee daa.

Bradicus
Nov 5, 2003, 07:33 PM
the guns above the mantle are now for the nearest minority, so you can feel safe http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Zaneatron
Nov 5, 2003, 07:55 PM
nearest minority? whats that supposed to mean. and no i wont feel safe till they ban guns. its bad enough as it is here :S

Allos
Nov 5, 2003, 09:01 PM
Are you under the impression that we're all rednecks that each have our own .22?

Nai_Calus
Nov 5, 2003, 09:13 PM
On 2003-11-05 16:04, Bradicus wrote:
fucking laggy computer ouble posted me :D

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bradicus on 2003-11-05 16:07 ]</font>

Oh, suuure, blame the computer.

Why is it always -our- fault?

Stupid humans!

SubstanceD
Nov 6, 2003, 06:03 AM
If it makes you feel any better I went to boarding school with a CRAZY Nigerian fellow who gave away his disc man for a slice of piza and threw his expensive high fi system out a 3 story window because we ( all the other boarders ) got mad at him for playing TLC: Waterfalls on loop for 6 hours straight. So you flushed ( sorry I meant dropped ) a 130 pound Disman down the toilet by accident. Look at what this poor bastrad did to his stuff willingly.

Don't get me wrong, I feel your pain, 130 Pounds ( why doesn't my pound symbol thingie work on my keyboard? ) is alot of money, especially in US $ so I defently do feel sorry for you.

Zaneatron
Nov 6, 2003, 10:22 AM
On 2003-11-05 18:01, Allos wrote:
Are you under the impression that we're all rednecks that each have our own .22?

hmmmmmmmmmmmm, yes

Kadavreski
Nov 6, 2003, 10:56 AM

yes that he is...
...because i am

Bradicus
Nov 6, 2003, 11:56 AM
he usest his .22 to shoot racoons for his gumbo. Crazy cajun...

Dime
Nov 6, 2003, 01:59 PM
This one time I dropped my favorite shit in the toilet http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Kizaragu
Nov 6, 2003, 02:06 PM
Dime, I'm ashamed of you. Thats your worst reply ever.

Mixfortune
Nov 6, 2003, 02:11 PM
On 2003-11-06 07:22, Zaneatron wrote:

hmmmmmmmmmmmm, yes

Those youngin's, they be a hooperin' and a hollerin'.
"Ma, Timmy Boy just shot himself his first A-dult!"
"Well now, guess he's a ready for a walkin' any day now!"

BerserkerKutu
Nov 6, 2003, 02:21 PM
What the hell were you doing with it in the toilet?

And to think you had to reach in there and grab it out...

Quit mocking the British you Yanks.

Kizaragu
Nov 6, 2003, 03:05 PM
I was getting ready for a bath and had it in my hand as I was listening to it. It slipped out as I was moving the baskets of washing and bounced off the rim of the toilet seat... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Mixfortune
Nov 6, 2003, 03:18 PM
On 2003-11-06 12:05, Kizaragu wrote:
I was getting ready for a bath and had it in my hand as I was listening to it. It slipped out as I was moving the baskets of washing and bounced off the rim of the toilet seat... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

*time slows* *reaches out*
(in a slow voice): NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Kizaragu
Nov 6, 2003, 03:44 PM
Heh. I'm ashamed that, that actually made me laugh.