PDA

View Full Version : Where are you guys from then?

Flint
Nov 15, 2003, 11:41 AM
Hi guys, i was just wondering where most of you are from. The reason i ask is that i'm from England and have only just found out i should be able to get hooked up to broadband soon (i live in a tiny little village in the middle of nowhere and i thought we'd never get it)!

I've been playing PSO round my friends house (the git has been connected to XBLive for months) and i'm hoping to transfer my character over to my Xbox in preperation for when i get on-line.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had (or is having) problems with access to broadband. I don't know what it's like in the rest of the world but i am curious. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

GuerillaPimp
Nov 15, 2003, 11:48 AM
Sup man, im from Baltimore, MD, and ive had really no (major) problems with XBL. And as far as transferring your Char to your Xbox? I dont think thats possible. See on xbox, when you create a char, they become "linked" to the gamertag they were created under. You can "transfer" the char as a temp char for offline play, but for online play, you will have to start a new char

Flint
Nov 15, 2003, 12:42 PM
Damn it, i new it!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

My friend was convinced i could do it. oh well, i quite liked the idea of starting a new character anyway, maybe a HUnewearl or something. Cheers for letting me know anyway.

Hopefully should be online reasonably soon!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Nikey-ray
Nov 15, 2003, 05:03 PM
East coust USA here..NJ. Useing an XBox. I'v played PSO on the DC and GC..though more on the DC then GC as it was a friends system. Found the Box just fit my needs more=)

Zaneatron
Nov 15, 2003, 05:17 PM
This should be in a player matchup/tech support.

this is a forum about pso, not your location/how to get the game working.
and to the best of my knowlege you cant even play pso offline without XBL? i may be wrong but thats the impression ive got for threads about, but not in this forum.

ThaRealest
Nov 15, 2003, 05:34 PM
Daytona beach baby..I work at a hotel on the beach side...bitchs and bikinis all year long baby!

Flint
Nov 15, 2003, 06:53 PM
and to the best of my knowlege you cant even play pso offline without XBL?
Yeah i know Zaneatron, i've come up with a sly and cunning plan though; i've got pso and i'm getting an Xbox Live starter kit this week but i have no broadband connection.... at the moment. I'm going round my friends house (who has broadband) with my xbox and i'm going to register XBLive and pso so i can go home and start a new character. Then in a few weeks/months later/next year when i have broadband then i can make my characters online debut!!
Genius!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Lets hope it goes to plan eh!

(BTW if anyone has a spare legit j-sword lying around that they don't want then i really want one. i saw someone online the other night with one and i fell in love!! SOOOOOOOO COOL!!!)

Saiffy
Nov 15, 2003, 07:25 PM
On 2003-11-15 15:53, Flint wrote:
(BTW if anyone has a spare legit j-sword lying around that they don't want then i really want one. i saw someone online the other night with one and i fell in love!! SOOOOOOOO COOL!!!)

not to burst your bubble but there is no legit j-sword, unless you want a sealed one

Lord_Sloth
Nov 15, 2003, 08:34 PM
On 2003-11-15 14:34, ThaRealest wrote:
Daytona beach baby..I work at a hotel on the beach side...bitchs and bikinis all year long baby!

My mother was born at Daytona Beach Florida!

Lord_Sloth here! Douglassvill GA! I hate this place! I'm surrounded by antigaming red necks! It's sooo horrible!
I'm not online yet but I will be someday! I'm on the Gamecube!

Hrith
Nov 15, 2003, 09:43 PM
I'm either in South-East of France (home) or in London (abroad). I only have online for PSO while in France. In London right now, so back online around Christmas...

JohanCC
Nov 15, 2003, 11:45 PM
Lakeville, Minnesota (south of Minneapolis), I don't have xbox, but my gc is using a broadband connection and I've never had a problem with it ever.

KaFKa
Nov 16, 2003, 12:05 AM
Las Vegas, sin city all the way! never had any issues with broadband (except when they're running maintenance on the system one week out of the year)

TerraStriker
Nov 16, 2003, 12:50 AM
Yea Im here also from Baltimore City, Maryland(yo Guerrla holla at me sometime) and I play on GC and I have no problems at all online except one of my chars always FSODs when it tries to get on Antares but all my other chars get there fine....Hmm wonder why

Sabastion
Nov 16, 2003, 01:58 AM
Kentucky, Germany, Colorado and west Vergina. You know its fun having a dad in the military. Now if he had gone to japan and taken us I could have some thing to realy talk about.

FeVer
Nov 16, 2003, 02:08 AM
WHOOSH!!! The middle of nowhere! In kansas! Xbox... yeah... i use it... its got voice chat... meh...

Saiffy
Nov 16, 2003, 02:10 AM
well im in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada on GC, legit and loving every minute of it!

joluh
Nov 16, 2003, 02:58 AM
Mazatlan, MEXICO!!! XD

Spider
Nov 16, 2003, 03:49 AM
Australia http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif probobly the only Aussie PSOer

kingmurp
Nov 16, 2003, 05:38 AM
Milwaukee Wisconsin USA we got beer and cheese. I represent on the cube.

Flint
Nov 16, 2003, 12:21 PM
Thank god for that, it looks like there are more legit players out there than i thought!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Why haven't i found any online yet?!?!? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Rudoprime
Nov 16, 2003, 12:25 PM
u lucky bastard

MasterJoel
Nov 16, 2003, 01:47 PM
On 2003-11-16 09:25, Rudoprime wrote:
u lucky bastard

you want lucky? try this...

my neighborhood here in littleton (now part of centennial, actually), colorado has NO broadband or high speed connection at all. our phone lines here are so old, the best connection i can get is 28.8 bps. however, things are going to change.

recently (like 4 months ago), a utah based company called broadband central knocked on our door. thus began the long process of broadband in our neighborhood. great, huh?

it gets better. my dad is a ham radio nerd. yes, that's what people used before chat rooms. anyhow, we have a 90' tower in our back yard. broadband central is a wireless broadband provider. they are going to PAY US to put their unit on the tower. so, they will give us free broadband for putting their unit on our property, and pay us rent for keeping the unit there. seeing as how it will be the only option here, it'll be pretty popular. we have the t1 line hooked up to our house, and we are now waiting for the unit. then, i won't have to battle my parents to play pso online! screw you fax machines and email! i won't have you killing my pso time anymore! wataaah!

Flint
Nov 16, 2003, 06:04 PM
On 2003-11-16 10:47, MasterJoel wrote:

On 2003-11-16 09:25, Rudoprime wrote:
u lucky bastard

you want lucky? try this...

my neighborhood here in littleton (now part of centennial, actually), colorado has NO broadband or high speed connection at all. our phone lines here are so old, the best connection i can get is 28.8 bps. however, things are going to change.

recently (like 4 months ago), a utah based company called broadband central knocked on our door. thus began the long process of broadband in our neighborhood. great, huh?

it gets better. my dad is a ham radio nerd. yes, that's what people used before chat rooms. anyhow, we have a 90' tower in our back yard. broadband central is a wireless broadband provider. they are going to PAY US to put their unit on the tower. so, they will give us free broadband for putting their unit on our property, and pay us rent for keeping the unit there. seeing as how it will be the only option here, it'll be pretty popular. we have the t1 line hooked up to our house, and we are now waiting for the unit. then, i won't have to battle my parents to play pso online! screw you fax machines and email! i won't have you killing my pso time anymore! wataaah!

Ok, thats IS lucky! I was in a similar situation but i highly doubt anyone will come along a pay for us to have broadband! I think the easiest way for me to get it in my little village will be when the nearest town gets it (they should have it in about a month i think), and if not then i will just have to keep nagging the phone company!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif