PDA

View Full Version : Here's the story, of a boy named Traykie, who had a job, los

Cowboy
Nov 15, 2003, 03:28 PM
Last Wednesday I went to work, got done early, and took my lunch break. A little girl, the grandaugter of my boss's mother, comes up, and we start talking. She's 6.

She starts talking about her boyfriends. I sing the "sittin' in a tree" song. She gets mad, and runs to her grandma. Grandma gets mad, tells my boss I did this,and adds in that I called the little girl fat and made fun of her being half african american, which I did not do.

Friday I come in to work, and find out I'm fired... I then go home, watch tv a little while, then go to the store.

On the way back home, someone hits me broadside, crushes my door, and I end upin the hospital with a broken arm...

Friday the 14th sucks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tracon on 2003-11-15 12:29 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tracon on 2003-11-15 12:34 ]</font>

Guile
Nov 15, 2003, 03:44 PM

fuck.
That really sucks man, I mean like wow.

MasterJoel
Nov 15, 2003, 04:56 PM
what i suggest is finding a good lawyer and sueing the pants offa both of them. he shouldn't be able to fire you for heresay (especially something you didn't do), and being broadsided and causing a broken arm makes it really convienient to "prove" lasting damage... then you could live comfortably the rest of your life with both of them supporting you. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kasumi19
Nov 15, 2003, 06:28 PM
I think you should consult an attorney. You may have grounds for wrongful termination. I know last time I checked an employer can't terminate someone based on heresay even in at will employment states. I do not think you can get anything for your broken arm from the employer, but you may get some lost wages for wrongful termination.

I know many employers take advantage of the of younger less experienced workers because they believe that younger workers do not know their rights. I caught my employer abusing younger workers and breaking labor laws and health laws and so I turned them in. They received $17000.00 in fines and ultimately went out of business and was later purchased by a better company.

I hope your arm heals quickly and I wish you good luck and do not be afraid to persue legal action with your ex-employer. My thoughts on it was that if I was to let this company continue breaking the law, they would continue to take advantage of people's ignorance and exploit it and I just could not allow that practice to continue.

Cowboy
Nov 15, 2003, 06:29 PM
The job was part time,so theres not much I can do, aside from buying space in my local newspaper and telling half ofmy city what happened, and as far as the accident, the people who hit me have payed for my medical bills and truck repairs, and said theyd try to help me look for a job since they know a few people that may need some help.

OniTatsujin
Nov 15, 2003, 08:39 PM
i think that grandma is a *beep*
thats just stupid, adding in that, i think the grandmother set you up.

Shattered_weasel
Nov 15, 2003, 11:06 PM
tell me where she lives and i will take a lead ppe to her rib cage.

SpikeOtacon
Nov 15, 2003, 11:13 PM
If you live near washington D.C I can give you my uncle Bill's contact info. He's a really good lawyer.

Reenee
Nov 15, 2003, 11:42 PM
If all else fails, give them hell.

anwserman
Nov 16, 2003, 12:06 AM
The grandma threw in that comment with the rant because thats what she really believes. There would be no reason to throw in such a phrase unless she really wanted to say it herself.

Cowboy
Nov 16, 2003, 12:10 AM
The grandmas own family has warned mnyslef and other employees that she will do anything she can to get someone fired. I think that she has a sucky life, and makes herself forget her self pity and forget how much her life sucks as by making others lives miserable, and making her life seem thaty much better.

opaopajr
Nov 16, 2003, 03:23 AM
good, she improves your case. you'll be suprised how many lawyers would take a case like that pro bono (that means "for free"). it's very solid, gets noteriety, and can be a windfall to the lawyer in a win. shop around, i wouldn't take this sitting down. besides, what else are you doing?

and i'd talk to your family, a built in network of support. they might have good advice on a good lawyer.