PDA

View Full Version : Um... stop calling us HUnny's...

ilr2000
Nov 16, 2003, 06:54 PM
It's fucking 'HUnewearl' for god's sake. I only see the word when I type it myself, EVERYONE else seems to like calling them HUnny's. And don't EVEN sit there and blink saying "What?" cause you know damn well what you imply every time you say HUnny and not HUnewearl.

Show some fuckin respect or you'll have to wait for a FO if you want your damn SD.

*leaves and slams the door*

Scrub
Nov 16, 2003, 07:02 PM
Okay, I haven't responded to any post in a pretty long while, but...God. First off, you're acting like you YOURSELF are your character. You play as one in a video game. Second off, it's not like people are being demeaning or insulting when they say that. Stop making Mountains outta Molehills and getting pissed off by people too lazy to type stuff out.

ilr2000
Nov 16, 2003, 07:06 PM
On 2003-11-16 16:02, Scrub wrote:
Okay, I haven't responded to any post in a pretty long while, but...God. First off, you're acting like you YOURSELF are your character. You play as one in a video game. Second off, it's not like people are being demeaning or insulting when they say that. Stop making Mountains outta Molehills and getting pissed off by people too lazy to type stuff out.

They're not being demeaning or insulting? Oh no? How come I always feel insulted when the character class name is slurred like that? "HUnny" doesn't sound like a warrior class, does it? Why the hell would one call their hunter character a HUnny? Hmm?

Scrub
Nov 16, 2003, 07:11 PM
Mine as well stop every abbreviation then, as I'm sure they can hurt people! Using words like fucking is a lot worse then calling something a HUnny, because fucking can actually offend people, and mess with children's minds, like yourself. I will not respond in a bad manner after this post at the risk of getting in trouble.

Good day, sir or madame.

Lord_Sloth
Nov 16, 2003, 07:16 PM
I never call them "Hunney's"! Shoot I don't even say they're names too often! I can understand how she would be offended though! I agree with you!

ilr2000
Nov 16, 2003, 07:17 PM
On 2003-11-16 16:11, Scrub wrote:
Mine as well stop every abbreviation then, as I'm sure they can hurt people! Using words like fucking is a lot worse then calling something a HUnny, because fucking can actually offend people, and mess with children's minds, like yourself. I will not respond in a bad manner after this post at the risk of getting in trouble.

Good day, sir or madame.

That's right... don't answer my question. It's not like anyone does anyway.

But I'll humor you just for the hell of it, since it sounds like your not coming back. What other abbriviations? Whats the abbriviation for HUmar? Hmm? Whats the abbriviation for FOnewm? Or even the amazingly long HUcaseal and RAcaseal? I've never seen abbriviations for HUcaseals and RAcaseal... but if thats because I'm just missing them then please let me know.

Whenever conversation like this comes up all the dillholes of the world say "It's not a big deal.. your overreacting" when it comes to givin the lady's some RESPECT.

ilr2000
Nov 16, 2003, 07:18 PM
On 2003-11-16 16:16, Lord_Sloth wrote:
I never call them "Hunney's"! Shoot I don't even say they're names too often! I can understand how she would be offended though! I agree with you!

Thank you! Some people with some sense around here!

StrongBad
Nov 16, 2003, 07:25 PM
And when you beat Falz, perverted ST made the Hunewerals bend over and after that everyones like "Oh baby" and stuff like that. And in Vega and places like that they always try to hit on my Huneweral in the game. I say im a guy and that shuts them up. It gets really annoying.

Lord_Sloth
Nov 16, 2003, 07:25 PM
Are the HuNewearl's any good? I got to like level 10 and Deleted her! HuCast does so much Damage!

Lord_Sloth
Nov 16, 2003, 07:29 PM
They bend over? Oui! That figures! When I get oonline you can play with my HuMar! I promise I wont start hitting on you! But you may have to wait for me to get online! I'm trying to convince my mother! And boy oh boy is that tough!

Kupi
Nov 16, 2003, 07:51 PM
On the abbreviation... I've seen the *caseals referred to as "cassies" before... it's mostly because PSO is a male-dominated environment in which said men can... well, I don't know the word for it. Act fond without fear of retribution.

As for the bending over thing, a pseudo-funny story. I was in a TTF game with a HUnewearl and some other people who disconnected along the way. When we beat Falz, she was in one of the bend-over slots. My FOmar, who I'm trying to play as a priest, had his hands on his hips and was looking away. It was cutely appropriate.

Nai_Calus
Nov 16, 2003, 08:12 PM
On 2003-11-16 16:06, ilr2000 wrote:

They're not being demeaning or insulting? Oh no? How come I always feel insulted when the character class name is slurred like that? "HUnny" doesn't sound like a warrior class, does it? Why the hell would one call their hunter character a HUnny? Hmm?

HUnnies don't look like a warrior class, either.

Why the hell would one run around fighting monsters in daisy dukes and lingere?

There's a reason I won't make a HUnny. You can't make them not look like some ridiculous skank. I'll stick with my RAmarl, thanks. O_o; She wears clothes.

Lord_Sloth
Nov 16, 2003, 08:12 PM
I have never seen the forth slot! The most we've beaten the game with is three people!

joluh
Nov 16, 2003, 08:32 PM
On 2003-11-16 17:12, Ian-KunX wrote:

On 2003-11-16 16:06, ilr2000 wrote:

HUnnies don't look like a warrior class, either.

Why the hell would one run around fighting monsters in daisy dukes and lingere?

There's a reason I won't make a HUnny. You can't make them not look like some ridiculous skank. I'll stick with my RAmarl, thanks. O_o; She wears clothes.

Exactly!!! 100% agree, i've made 4 HUnewearls and all of them delted, lvls 40, 43, 39, 50, i can't find a decent look X_x' i think next time i'll choose a HUcaseal

And btw i've seen people talking about HU/RAcasey, and i don't know why it bothers you, i think people say that because they're too lazy to writte they whole word, or maybe they don't know how to write it, OR just because they love their HUnewearls too much, inestead of Honey they say HUnny/HUney, hummm not sure, but i don't like HUnny/HUney either, i always say HUnewearl =^.^=

Ranger_Larry
Nov 16, 2003, 08:43 PM
I just made mine a half-nekked Amazon. The brown top and bottom http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

_Ted_
Nov 16, 2003, 08:51 PM
My main character is a Hunewearl. Why do I use a Hunewearl? I like to use hunters (I rather enjoy the hands on beating of monsters). I like using spells (especially resta, not having resta really messes with me). Why not use a Humar, they're strong and they can use spells, someone might ask. "They have the strenght of a thousand men, and the brain of a two year old" I would say in response. I don't really know about the whole "Hunnies" thing and I couldn't care less. If you hit on a Hunewearl in a game, then congradulations! You're a Moron! You're hitting on something that isn't real. Besides that, you don't even know the gender of the person behind the character! Well thats it, I think I just broke my CD burner (it gave me an error message, closed the program, and now refuses to open and give me the CD back, ARRRGGGG!).

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 16, 2003, 09:04 PM
To get your CD back you could A.) Stick a straightened paper clip in that little hole on the front of the burner-- it's the emergency release. or B.) Reboot your computer. Your burner will go back to the default state of being "openable". Burning programs turn that feature off while burning, because, well, it would suck to be almost done burning a 700 meg file, then some freak comes along and bumps the button, opening the device, and stopping the burn.

_Ted_
Nov 16, 2003, 09:17 PM
Yeh, I rebooted the computer and got the disc out while the computer was rebooting. And I figured out the problem! Of the songs I was burning on to the CD one of them was corrupt (I tried preview playing it again and it just crashed the burning program), so it crashed the program, ruined the disc (my computer can't read it at all now), and locked up the drive, but everthings fine now.
Thanx anyways HUnewearl_Meira .

lain2k3
Nov 16, 2003, 09:37 PM
ummm...

wow.

whoever has aproblem with abberviations in a vidoegame because of respect issues takes things WAY too seriously.

I love my lvl 151 **HUnny**

and i also love my **HUcassy**

;p

RavenTW
Nov 16, 2003, 10:01 PM
HUs, RAs, and FOs are perfectly fine abbreviations, any term that lowers the dignity of someone, such as HUnney, should not be used. Please respect all fellow players, no matter how bad they play the game.

LordMe
Nov 16, 2003, 10:08 PM
i don't see what it matter's but ok whatever

starhealer
Nov 16, 2003, 10:35 PM
I've seen people refer to FOnewearls with the term "FOnnies." I'd take HUnnie over FOnnie anyday, but it doesn't particularly bother me anyhow.

Dhylec
Nov 16, 2003, 11:26 PM
i use 'hune' & 'fone' before, no one seemed to be bothered.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
if i want longer word, i use 'hunwrl' or 'fonwrl' lol http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

AzureBlaze
Nov 16, 2003, 11:44 PM
An interesting and obviously touchy subject!

However, the issue also stems from the game itself and how ST designed it. If you look at the different percentages of nakedness found in the game, you will see what ST was thinking when they did it. Like so:

1.Androids- 100% naked
2.HUnewearls- most costumes are about 20% covering of her skin. Some, like the high-boot ones, are more.
3.FOnewearls-A fairly constant 30% but some of the 'tall stocking' ones are more
4. FOmarl and RAmarl are interesting, because only their hands and face show.

But...Look at all the males now. ONLY their face shows at all: FOmar, HUmar, RAmar (And my RAmar has 0% skin showing at all, as he's masked)FOnewm is the only gloveless one out of all of them.

So it's pretty obvious what was on their minds while makeing the original. And because the game industry is full of not-so-sanitary or fair minded male creators, you DO get females who are inappropriatly dressed for their occaisions.

So basically you got to be prepared to take a little flak from morons if most of your class has no choice but to wear 'ho-like' or otherwise poorly designed clothes. Still, the dress does not make the char! And HUnny seems a "too familliar" term to be calling of everyone you see. But there are lame people all around just waiting to hit on anything they see.

HUc=HUcast
HUne=HUnewearl
FOne=FOnewearl (sounds like phone..but oh well)

A2K
Nov 16, 2003, 11:54 PM
Hmm... I've always used "HUney" and "RAcasey" but the thought never occurred to me that it would be offensive to someone. I mean, when I use them I certainly don't mean any disrespect.

Huh...

And I will destroy the next person who calls my HUney a skank! He (or she) will die. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

soulja2244
Nov 16, 2003, 11:55 PM
Who gives a fuck.....honestly?
Some of you need to walk outside and take a breath of fresh air.

_Ted_
Nov 17, 2003, 01:08 AM
On 2003-11-16 20:55, soulja2244 wrote:

You obviously do, or you would have just ignored this thread.

starhealer
Nov 17, 2003, 01:16 AM
On 2003-11-16 20:44, AzureBlaze wrote:
An interesting and obviously touchy subject!

However, the issue also stems from the game itself and how ST designed it. If you look at the different percentages of nakedness found in the game, you will see what ST was thinking when they did it. Like so:

1.Androids- 100% naked
2.HUnewearls- most costumes are about 20% covering of her skin. Some, like the high-boot ones, are more.
3.FOnewearls-A fairly constant 30% but some of the 'tall stocking' ones are more
4. FOmarl and RAmarl are interesting, because only their hands and face show.

But...Look at all the males now. ONLY their face shows at all: FOmar, HUmar, RAmar (And my RAmar has 0% skin showing at all, as he's masked)FOnewm is the only gloveless one out of all of them.

So it's pretty obvious what was on their minds while makeing the original. And because the game industry is full of not-so-sanitary or fair minded male creators, you DO get females who are inappropriatly dressed for their occaisions.

So basically you got to be prepared to take a little flak from morons if most of your class has no choice but to wear 'ho-like' or otherwise poorly designed clothes. Still, the dress does not make the char! And HUnny seems a "too familliar" term to be calling of everyone you see. But there are lame people all around just waiting to hit on anything they see.

HUc=HUcast
HUne=HUnewearl
FOne=FOnewearl (sounds like phone..but oh well)

Poignant observation. But then again, I don't think any of the costumes are "poorly designed." I LIKE the HUnewearl's outfits. I find them quite cute and sexy. *shrugs* Looks like something I would design for myself, really. And nothing beats the cuteness of a FOnewearl in thigh-highs.

JavaMoon
Nov 17, 2003, 02:42 AM
Just saying "It's a game." "You're taking it too seriously." "Lighten up." or "You're overreacting." doesn't help anything. If you get used to being demeaning and degrading, using sexist slurs for characters, who's to say that it won't cross over into real life? Believe it or not, this game can and does influence people's behavior.

Video game, real life, it doesn't matter. It shouldn't be done at all! Period. Give females respect, whether they're pixelated or not.

RadHaz
Nov 17, 2003, 03:38 AM
As a player with a lv 148 HUnew, I couldn't agree more. It's a game, people. A GAME.
I like my char. She's strong, can support herself and helps others. 'Nuff said!

rena-ko
Nov 17, 2003, 06:49 AM
hm... i like my hunyu and i also think i picked a nice costume for her.

http://www.inf.tu-dresden.de/~s5730271/rena/snap/20031106screen0187d.jpg

i find its a pretty casual and decent look *shrugs*
anyway, clothes may look slutty but its the behavior that either proves or negates the look.

and for abbreviations. i for my part prefer the japanese ones but i'm not irritated if someone calls my hunewearl 'hunny'. again, it depends on the context. its simply shorter to type.

peace.

Buuyon
Nov 17, 2003, 08:14 AM
On 2003-11-16 15:54, ilr2000 wrote:
It's fucking 'HUnewearl' for god's sake. I only see the word when I type it myself, EVERYONE else seems to like calling them HUnny's. And don't EVEN sit there and blink saying "What?" cause you know damn well what you imply every time you say HUnny and not HUnewearl.

Show some fuckin respect or you'll have to wait for a FO if you want your damn SD.

oh no some one called you HUnny...well how about..for just entering a room...that every one there starts calling you a noob for being a HUmar...not only that...a legit HUmar...that lives longer then every one else in there (including 200s)...and people say that cuz henewarle(see i cant even spell it) is kinda really hard to spell if you dont practice...unlike HUmar wich is 5 letters...same as HUnny...RAmar and FOmar...both short...its not even a big deal...i get called HUHU alot...wich in my town means hindu...dun bother meh...so why dont you go to that corner and cry...cuz noone here cares about what/why people call you...

opaopajr
Nov 17, 2003, 09:01 AM
...if only my ego was as fragile I'd might be able to relate, HUnny http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Raziel_Kai
Nov 17, 2003, 09:31 AM
I'm used to call a Hunewearl Hunny, Fonewearl Fonny, Hucaseal Hucassy and Racaseal Racassy.
I don't mean for these names to be rude.
I actually call them that out of affection.
And I haven't got one for the Ramarls... not that I don't like them, it's just that I haven't come up or heard anything neat for them.

I usually play male charas (HUcast most of the time), but I'd never call a Hunewearl a Hunny in a demeaning way.

AppieDPC
Nov 17, 2003, 10:18 AM
Hmmm
I always called a HUnewearl a Huney, been like that since the DC. A HUcast was a Huc. A FOnewearl in my book is a Foney, HUcaseal is a Hucey (noticing a pattern here? LOL). The reason why I use these abbriviations is because I am too damn lazy to type stuff like "HUnewearl" on PSO. But I usually use these abbriviations to say something about my own characters. So if you find it offensive, then in my case you would think I am dissing my own chars. Now why would I be dissing my own characters?
I love my lv 147 and lv119 Huneys.
And they kick ass. I also like my lv105 Foney and back on JPN 1.0 my lv127 Hucey. These abbriviations were never intended to insult the class, at least I never look at them in that way(nor did anybody I know from PSO in the (almost) 3 years I have been playing it), because it is just an abbriviation for a long word.
And everything on PSO is made shorter:
Why=y (or some use it instead of yes)
See=c
NE1=Any-one
etc.
So the next topic I expect from you is that most of the people on PSO are not respecting the English language...

Hrith
Nov 17, 2003, 10:30 AM
*entirely agrees with Lain2k3*

Like I said in another topic, French are not as fond of short forms, so I use HUnewearl when speaking of that specific class, otherwise most of the time it's HU or Hunter.
Besides, I think HUnny sounds hypocoristic (new word for you http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif )

You're way too serious !

If somebody was to say one of my Females : "bithch ! S/D !!" I'd do it cuz that would mean I'm not doing my job, esp. with my Forces.
Couldn't care less about the name.

rena-ko
Nov 17, 2003, 10:36 AM
hm, i dunno.. even if there's a reason, i wouldnt like being called 'bitch'... would be a reason to leave the next moment actually. or to suicide if its c-mode.

Hrith
Nov 17, 2003, 10:53 AM
Are you a girl, dear ?
I'm not and therefore wouldn't mind, friends call me bitch sometimes, that's funny, I know they don't mean it.
If the person means it, on PSO, I don't care, it's virtual to me.
Yet, if he goes on calling me wondrous epithets, I'd leave, of course, just because I don't like swear words.

rena-ko
Nov 17, 2003, 11:14 AM
hm, taken aside whether i'm a girl or not, my character is one. people tend to relate characters gender with players gender, so calling my fomarl a bitch in a situation where i was just lost in thoughts or busy would be a direct insult.

heyf00L
Nov 17, 2003, 01:56 PM
Actually they're called HUney just because HUnewearl is too long.

rena-ko
Nov 17, 2003, 02:04 PM
On 2003-11-17 10:56, heyf00L wrote:

as if that would be official...

A2K
Nov 17, 2003, 02:53 PM
Go away, f00l. lol

The key thing here is to have respect. I respect you people, I respect your characters, I respect my characters, what with them being my avatars to the world of PSO and all.

Shake
Nov 17, 2003, 03:02 PM
Wow, such anger over a simple nickname for a character class.

Not everyone on pso feels the need to type out the whole name of a character class. Especially one as long and frequently mispelled as HUnewearl. Such nicknames as Hunny or HUne or whatever shouldn't be taken as an insult.

Look at it from another angle...

There are guys that talk about some very dirty sexual stuff with any female character they see. Hunny is nothing compared to the extent that some people go. I'm sure you've seen this before...

I'm not saying you shouldn't be upset. It upset you, and for a reason.

I'm once again reiterating the fact that this is a game. Someone calls you a name you don't like? Psh, no big deal. You don't have to ever see them again!

Tilldawn
Nov 17, 2003, 03:04 PM
dude if it makes u feel better call other chars Hummy, Huccy, Hucay, Hunny, Rammy, Ramly, Raccy, Racl, Fonny, Foney, Fommy, Fomaly

ABDUR101
Nov 17, 2003, 04:45 PM

Thats pretty much it. I've seen men and women gamers call their HUnewearl a HUnny just because it's faster and easier to say, and easily understood. I doubt there's much "degradation" meant in saying it, it's a fricken character class with a long name. Nobody has to have an abbreviation for HUmar because it's already five letters, if you need an abbreviation for that, pitiful.

Same with RAcasseals and HUcasseals. Who wants to keep typing that out? Then you spell it wrong and all that. Not to mention ingame you only have, what, 32 character limit for when you say something? And from using it so often in-game, it would pull over to whenever you talk about it, like on the forums or in a chat.

If someone was addressing you specifically, they could have just said your characters name.(If they knew you were the HUnewearl) But all the same.

*moves to Rants*

polishedweasel
Nov 17, 2003, 05:29 PM
Was there any point to have this thread get this long?

KodiaX987
Nov 17, 2003, 05:44 PM
I'll say HUnny if I want to, and will happily shoot anyone who attempts to stop me from doing it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Who wants to try me first? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Wewt
Nov 17, 2003, 06:13 PM
HUnny HUnny HUnny HUnny HUnny HUnny HUnny HUnny HUnny HUnny HUnny HUnny HUnny HUnny HUnny HUnny HUnny HUnny HUnny HUnny HUnny HUnny HUnny HUnny HUnny HUnny HUnny HUnny HUnny HUnny HUnny HUnny HUnny HUnny HUnny HUnny HUnny HUnny HUnny HUnny HUnny HUnny HUnny HUnny HUnny HUnny HUnny HUnny

Bradicus
Nov 17, 2003, 07:54 PM
when ener i think about my HUmar, i shout "it's not a HUmar!" in an a'hnold accent...

Mystil
Nov 17, 2003, 09:27 PM
On 2003-11-16 15:54, ilr2000 wrote:

Uhm Hunny SD is worthless to every class accept HUnewearl. lv20, oooooooooo big boost. >_>

Its taboo, I see nothing wrong with it.

Nai_Calus
Nov 17, 2003, 09:35 PM
On 2003-11-17 18:27, Silhouette wrote:

Uhm Hunny SD is worthless to every class accept HUnewearl. lv20, oooooooooo big boost. >_>

Its taboo, I see nothing wrong with it.

Eh, I dunno, it would be useful to say, droids, or a HUmar, or even a RAmar. Anyone who has the same or better, or there's a Force packing higher around... Yeah, hell on it.

Bradicus
Nov 17, 2003, 10:35 PM
Eh, I dunno, it would be useful to say, droids, or a HUmar, or even a RAmar. Anyone who has the same or better, or there's a Force packing higher around... Yeah, hell on it.

Its not a HUmar!!!!

>_>

<_<

>_<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bradicus on 2003-11-17 19:36 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Nov 18, 2003, 04:43 AM
On 2003-11-17 19:35, Bradicus wrote:

Its not a HUmar!!!!

>_>

<_<

>_<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bradicus on 2003-11-17 19:36 ]</font>

...Buh?

I saw a HUnny tonight. She wasn't too horribly slutty, I suppose. I was too busy making snarky comments with/about the other three FOmars in the lobby while I was using my FOmar Zero. I didn't call her a HUnny to get her reaction, and I probably wouldn't. The soft keyboard sucks too much ass. I'd just say HUne. >P Even FOmar is too much of a hassle to type. O_o;

soulja2244
Nov 18, 2003, 04:52 AM
On 2003-11-16 22:08, _Ted_ wrote:

Looks like I hit a nerve there buddy.

NKOTB
Nov 18, 2003, 05:02 AM
I'm gonna get online with my HUNNY and do some bend over animations for the lobby.

Actually, there probably isn't anyone online right now.

HUNNY HUNNY HUNNY HUNNY!!!!11!11

Wewt
Nov 18, 2003, 12:19 PM
On 2003-11-18 02:02, NKOTB wrote:

I started it first. Get your own ideas to piss morons off http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

KodiaX987
Nov 18, 2003, 12:29 PM

4 pages of people apparently, including you. Welcome to the club, my brother! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Rotis
Nov 18, 2003, 08:32 PM
Wow.

I thought everyone was as amused by the general skankiness of HUnewearls as I am. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif Really, it's hard to take a character seriously when she's wearing butt shorts, so why not just have fun with it?

(Before you start with the cries in protest of misogyny--I'm a chick, so I'm allowed to say it.)

(Edit: One of these days, I'll learn how to type)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rotis on 2003-11-18 17:33 ]</font>

OniTatsujin
Nov 18, 2003, 08:50 PM
i made mine not look so slutty, mine looks liek she is wearing demon bone armor and elven ears O.o
but thats my opinion.

Mystil
Nov 18, 2003, 09:51 PM
I don't use the skank outfits on my hune...

NKOTB
Nov 18, 2003, 10:27 PM
On 2003-11-18 09:19, WWWWWWWWWWWW wrote:

I started it first. Get your own ideas to piss morons off http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

You spelled it with different cap styling so thur!

Hunny!1!

_Ted_
Nov 18, 2003, 10:52 PM
On 2003-11-18 01:52, soulja2244 wrote:

On 2003-11-16 22:08, _Ted_ wrote:

Looks like I hit a nerve there buddy.

Looks like I made a logical point there.

Wewt
Nov 19, 2003, 11:43 AM
On 2003-11-18 19:27, NKOTB wrote:

Hunny!1!

Sounds the same when you read it in your head.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

_Ted_
Nov 19, 2003, 10:50 PM
On 2003-11-19 08:43, WWWWWWWWWWWW wrote:

On 2003-11-18 19:27, NKOTB wrote:

Hunny!1!

Sounds the same when you read it in your head.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

uhhhhh what? I'm confused, what are you talking about?

toosmart4U9078
Nov 20, 2003, 01:57 AM
man i agree with u, i hate the fact that ppl call my hunewearl a hunny, for 3 reasons, 1. i'm a guy and cuz i'm using a hunewearl they immediatly assume i'm a girl, and 2. i named her after my gf, and well enough said there, and 3. what the heck is the point of hitting on a person ON THE INTERNET, omg, its the fricking internet, its not even real life, u don't even know if that person is a guy or girl, the idiocy of it is just...insane, oh and i thought of a 4th reason, ITS A FRICKING COMPUTER GRAPHIC, WHAT R PPL DOING CHECKING OUT COMPUTER GRAPHICS!?

though i must admit despite all this, its rather funny 2 c ppl do it, simply cuz of the hilarity idiotic ppl create, lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: toosmart4U9078 on 2003-11-19 22:59 ]</font>

KodiaX987
Nov 20, 2003, 09:46 AM
The fun thing you can do though it make a HUnny and start hitting on people at random. Record the reactions for pure hilarity. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Superguppie
Nov 20, 2003, 10:08 AM
On 2003-11-19 22:57, toosmart4U9078 wrote:
man i agree with u, i hate the fact that ppl call my hunewearl a hunny, for 3 reasons, 1. i'm a guy and cuz i'm using a hunewearl they immediatly assume i'm a girl,

I think it's good roleplaying to call a person by the gender of the char he/she's playing. So when you play a chick, I call you a chick.

and 2. i named her after my gf, and well enough said there,

so? you're gf isn't a total hunny then? She'll be happy to hear it. Or did you mean GodFather??? lol

and 3. what the heck is the point of hitting on a person ON THE INTERNET, omg, its the fricking internet, its not even real life, u don't even know if that person is a guy or girl, the idiocy of it is just...insane, oh and i thought of a 4th reason, ITS A FRICKING COMPUTER GRAPHIC, WHAT R PPL DOING CHECKING OUT COMPUTER GRAPHICS!?

When I have my bloke char hit on a chick char, it definitely doesn't mean that I am hitting on the player of that chick. I know it's an online GAME...
What does strike me as odd though is that in PSO there's quite a few blokes hitting on pretty much any chick (or at least hunny) that comes along. Just imagine what that would look like IRL....

though i must admit despite all this, its rather funny 2 c ppl do it, simply cuz of the hilarity idiotic ppl create, lol

Well, most of the ppl doing it, also see it as funny. So, what's the problem?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Superguppie on 2003-11-20 07:10 ]</font>

Scejntjynahl
Nov 20, 2003, 07:21 PM
What the hell happened to using the characters name? Damn, this is like goin out in public and saying: "Hey, MaleHuman, how was your day?" or "FemaleHuman, do you need assistance?" I mean, wtf, the characters have NAMES use them for crying out loud. And if you cant pronounce the names, who gives a f***, your typing anyways. Damn, what a silly problem.

KodiaX987
Nov 21, 2003, 11:04 AM
Yeah but when you talk about a character of yours, the otehr guy probably won't know what eaxctly you are talking about. So instead you do something like this:

"I got a great Lv.15 Razonde for my FO."

"Cool!"

Thus, when you talk about your HUnewearl, you'll probably say something along that format:

"I traded to get a pair of daggers for my HUnny."

This way, the guy knows the context and what you mean exactly. Because if you say the name, he won't know which class that character is.

ilr2000
Nov 23, 2003, 01:30 PM
For some reason I came back to read all of the responses. I'm not sure why, since I had a feeling what they were going to be. In any case, I guessed right... most people on this forum are selfish, and don't want to take responsibility for anything or anyone.

KodiaX987
Nov 23, 2003, 02:06 PM
SCORE!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Well, you've blown our covers. Now we all look like friggin' idiots... You've missed a really good opportunity to shut up here.

XD

BTW, I'm not responsible for my smart-ass reply. O.O I swear!

Mixfortune
Nov 25, 2003, 06:33 PM
Hmm I thought I posted a reply to this thread already...

Anyways, "HUnny"... it depends on how it is pronounced on whether it is a problem or not. It could be pronounced "honey", in wish case I think you may be thinking of, and it's true that it could cause problems.

If, however, the user pronounces it differently, for example, "hyu-ni", it's not so much a problem.

It's all in how it's said.
I usually just say "hyu-new-earl" rather than "hun-new-earl" or variations of "hun-...", so "hyu-ni" makes more sense to me.

I think that's where some of the misconception around this thread may lie.

Ness
Nov 25, 2003, 08:10 PM
Okay, I only read the first post in this thread. To me, you sound like the PSO version of a feminists. "STOP CALLING US HUNNIES!!!! THAT TERM IS OFFENSIVE TO HUNEWEARLS!!!!"

You don't know if it's offensive to all HUnny's (I use that term out of spite). I, for one, never minded being called a HUnny and several other HUnnys I know don't care either. I reccomend that you speak for yourself instead of an entire group.

Lede
Nov 26, 2003, 02:28 PM
ST knew exaclty what they where doing when they made hunewreal Hunny? that really sounds weird, if i want to abriviate that i just say Hune, Ignorant retards example ones that complain about there Outfits beign to *slutty* obiviously have personal issues to let somthing polygon in a game get them mad, there are plenty of outfits that make them look decent as iv seen only about3 outfits make them look slutty period,

You expect a FEMALE HUNTER to be dressed n a tuxesdo? lots of out fits she has has her fully dressed so any complaints about her outfits are cleary futile,

My main hunter is hunewreal why you ask? becuase she can take care of her self alone and support her team WELL when needed, she's not for ATP lovers or addicts AKA Humars and Hucast she's for people that you know like to ENJOY the game, Shes best overall Hunter IMO, Must like ramarl for rangers, You dont need the Highest ATP just ot survive in this game it's not that hard you know. as for the name thing she think is disrespectful simply becuase its like a slang to women hunny sounds like Honey, that name does not fit a female warrior. Look at Xena u did not see ppl calling her Honey if they did they got there ass beat.

anwserman
Nov 26, 2003, 02:46 PM
On 2003-11-17 13:45, ABDUR101 wrote:

Thats pretty much it. I've seen men and women gamers call their HUnewearl a HUnny just because it's faster and easier to say, and easily understood. I doubt there's much "degradation" meant in saying it, it's a fricken character class with a long name. Nobody has to have an abbreviation for HUmar because it's already five letters, if you need an abbreviation for that, pitiful.

Same with RAcasseals and HUcasseals. Who wants to keep typing that out? Then you spell it wrong and all that. Not to mention ingame you only have, what, 32 character limit for when you say something? And from using it so often in-game, it would pull over to whenever you talk about it, like on the forums or in a chat.

If someone was addressing you specifically, they could have just said your characters name.(If they knew you were the HUnewearl) But all the same.

*moves to Rants*

Instead of calling a HUnewearl a HUnny, couldn't you just call her a HUnew? I mean, if someone asked if I was a HUnny I wouldn't understand unless he specifically stated which character class I am (Is your character class HUnny?) but then again, I find it much easier to abbreviate HUnewearl with HUnew since its shorter, its still unique and it only drops letters from the name instead of calling the character a name that people might take offense from. HUnewearl -> HUnew. Simple as that. Same number of letters and everything as HUnny, lack the chance of offending someone.

Ness
Nov 26, 2003, 02:50 PM
On 2003-11-26 11:46, anwserman wrote:

Instead of calling a HUnewearl a HUnny, couldn't you just call her a HUnew? I mean, if someone asked if I was a HUnny I wouldn't understand unless he specifically stated which character class I am (Is your character class HUnny?) but then again, I find it much easier to abbreviate HUnewearl with HUnew since its shorter, its still unique and it only drops letters from the name instead of calling the character a name that people might take offense from. HUnewearl -> HUnew. Simple as that. Same number of letters and everything as HUnny, lack the chance of offending someone.

It will only be a matter of time before some girl starts whining about HUnew too.

anwserman
Nov 26, 2003, 03:04 PM
Much like the people who are being referenced to in this url?

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=70489&forum=9

The_Pea_Guy
Nov 26, 2003, 03:34 PM
Good God, this thread is quite FOnny.

Ooops. Am I discriminating against Fonewearls now? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Oh well...

FOnny FOnny FOnny FOnny FOnny FOnny...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The_Pea_Guy on 2003-11-26 12:35 ]</font>