PDA

View Full Version : People...

Shake
Nov 17, 2003, 02:47 PM
Can be so full of anger sometimes.

Just look at some of these topics.

Like I've said before, it's a game people. Enjoy phantasy star online and don't worry about those cheaters/legit players you don't agree with, or those annoying kids, or those cocky players or those threats.

Just game on.

NKOTB
Nov 17, 2003, 02:51 PM
words suck.

KaFKa
Nov 17, 2003, 02:56 PM
...ok... thank you capt. obvious. i think we all knew this already. it's just the ten or twenty people that everybody sees that influences the three or four hundred other people. if you look at most of the threads, its the same ten or twenty people over and over again. just let people rant. bad things happen when people can't vent their anger. if you want an example, i could send you an mp3 of the latest bumfights videos. nothing but schoolkids that haven't had their chance to rant and had to let it out somehow. :/ so then, i will ask you, why ae you stating what we already knew?

KodiaX987
Nov 17, 2003, 03:00 PM
Holy shit, I didn't know it was illegal to rant in a rants forum!

Motherfucking duh! O.O

Mixfortune
Nov 17, 2003, 03:03 PM
On 2003-11-17 12:00, KodiaX987 wrote:

Motherfucking duh! O.O

"Rant Police, moving in. Target: Kodiax987."

But seriously, better they vent with words in a forum than emotionally/physically against others or themselves, right?

Shake
Nov 17, 2003, 03:07 PM
Captain obvious? That's extremely overused.

It's good to vent, but on message boards venting can possibly lead to people making the situation worse and the anger level rise.

It's also possible to lower that level, but in most cases people vent about things that are biased.

-Luke-
Nov 17, 2003, 03:23 PM
I personally fully support this thread. It can be humorous to read rants about silly things, but if I'm pissed, I rant, and people have been supportive and have had suggestions, for that, I'm grateful
Luke

SorceressofTime
Nov 17, 2003, 11:45 PM
let people rant if they want. it's better to get it out and open than to keep things to yourself.

but in general, people can be fools. : yet amusing at the same time.

Guile
Nov 18, 2003, 01:44 AM
I think Shake is trying to say, get over it. Don't let so much petty shit get to you. Even if it's a meaningless rant aout whatever, some people take stuff to serious...

Superguppie
Nov 18, 2003, 05:47 AM
I take my fun very seriously. And if some asshole comes in and ruins it, I get seriously mad. And then I can seriously vent here and go back to PSO for some more serious fun...

Mystil
Nov 18, 2003, 09:22 AM
On 2003-11-17 12:00, KodiaX987 wrote:

Motherfucking duh! O.O

Yea me either. Ranting is an art. Basturds and bitchs~!

Shake
Nov 18, 2003, 09:39 AM
I think some of you completely overlooked my point...

Sigh...

KodiaX987
Nov 18, 2003, 09:58 AM
On 2003-11-18 06:22, Silhouette wrote:
Yea me either. Ranting is an art. Basturds and bitchs~!

In my arms, brother!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Superguppie
Nov 18, 2003, 11:13 AM
On 2003-11-18 06:39, Shake wrote:
I think some of you completely overlooked my point...

Sigh...

Then by all means elaborate. Make the point big enough to not overlook it...

B U R P ! ! !

Shake
Nov 18, 2003, 11:26 AM
My point is this. People start problems that don't need to be started. And other people let it get the best of them, when it doesn't have to.

If you want to vent about something that makes sense and vent about something that is appropriate, good. I'm all for it then.

But people who start topics just to start flame wars are what I am referring to. People who idiotically begin arguements and problems with others. People who run around the lobbies saying HUmars suck, saying racial comments, saying politically biased nonsense. Alot of good people end up fighting with these people. But in its entirety, that is what these people want. They want to be fed anger.

Don't feed them the anger. It's not worth it.

Mystil
Nov 18, 2003, 12:15 PM
You know, I kinda learned this the hard way with my ex. You're right though.

starhealer
Nov 18, 2003, 03:15 PM
On the flip side of that, this IS a rants forum. So if you come in here, you have to be prepared to possibly read something that you may find offending. People come here, say what's on their mind, vent, then it's over. It's what the place is here for. There's a difference between ranting and fuming in a designated forum and saying hateful things on a public game for anyone to see. I can understand where you're coming from when you talk about people stirring things up, however.

Then again, if you don't like it, ignore it.

DarthFomar
Nov 18, 2003, 05:06 PM
And I say beers on the house...oh, wait...I'm only 19 hehe.

People...let them deal with it in their own way. Either rant on a forum, or go out and beat the shit outta someone...but the last suggestion could get you killed or put in jail...nah what the hey...whatever makes you feel good, right.

*tones down the sarcasm*
Bottom line: people get mad, people need to vent when they are mad. I say rant about it to a friend, or take it out on the nearest object of desire. Either way @%#$ it. Legits/Dupers-be all you can be and nothing less.

Eum
Nov 18, 2003, 08:11 PM
On 2003-11-17 22:44, Guile wrote:
I think Shake is trying to say, get over it. Don't let so much petty shit get to you. Even if it's a meaningless rant aout whatever, some people take stuff to serious...

Thank you.

Cycles are frustrating. What's more so, however, is how ignorant some people are of them. People need to relax. No one is asking you to suppress "serious inner feelings about PSO." We're just carefully mocking those "serious inner feelings about PSO."

Grow up and stop the transparency showcase.

DOG21313
Nov 18, 2003, 11:41 PM
1. Youre ranting about rants... O.o

2. What was this fourm made for?

In the words of KodiaX987:

Motherfucking duh! O.O

Shake
Nov 19, 2003, 08:52 AM
And even after I explain my point, people still don't comprehend it.

I'M NOT DISSING THIS FORUM. That's number one.

And two? RANT ALL YOU WANT!

Clear?

I'm advising people not to give in to petty nonsense and to grow up.

I think ranting is just as important as you guys, people need to do it. I KNOW it has to be done. I am just ranting about ignorant people lowering down to other's levels.

Get me now?

Mystil
Nov 19, 2003, 10:21 AM
I wouldn't worry about it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Wewt
Nov 19, 2003, 11:46 AM
... it's fun to see people ranting about character names, nicknames, the PSO game engine, and other bullshit, though. :l

KaFKa
Nov 19, 2003, 01:36 PM
as said by many people before me:

get over it

Shake
Nov 19, 2003, 01:45 PM
I am over it Kafka, I wasn't stuck on anything.

I think you've got a big superiority complex though.

KodiaX987
Nov 19, 2003, 02:57 PM
NO!!! Not the amateur psychologist argument!

*stabs Shake with a butter knife*

KaFKa
Nov 19, 2003, 03:15 PM
im not gonna argue with someone that thinks they know how my mind works. (as if you had any fucken clue) you should stop being a hippocryt<---(spelling!) tho, because if you haven't noticed yet, half of the stuff i say on here is just me messing around with morons like yourself that can't get over stupid things like: i.e. me telling you to get over it. you take stuff waayy to seriously from what i've seen. this is an online forum... a rants forum at that... most of the stuff thats in here really isnt meant to be said, mind you. now then, do you still think you knows what goes on in my head? (completely without a line of thought, this post was made with)

Eum
Nov 19, 2003, 06:44 PM
On 2003-11-19 11:57, KodiaX987 wrote:

OK.

How long do people have to pretend that your existence is actually significant?

Shake
Nov 19, 2003, 08:26 PM
Calm down Kafka. You might pop a blood vessel.

Your last comment proves my point even more. And it also supports my previous statement on that complex I think you have. Whether you actually have it or not, it doesn't matter. The way you have responded shows a person behind that post with those characteristics.

I responded to your sarcastic and aggressive comments to prove my point even further.

People, you can't drop down to a lower level for the sake of winning an arguement. I mean, if you know you are right, then why bother? You know? [I'm not saying I am right, it's just an example. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, right?]

And no Kafka, I don't know how your mind works. But as an astute-prone person, I can definitely sense your emotional querks via your words and language. Even a non-astute person could do that...

But none of these things I have said or claimed should be considered offensive, okay? Just consider it constructive criticism.

Thanks for those supportive comments, I appreciate it.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

DOG21313
Nov 19, 2003, 09:38 PM
On 2003-11-19 17:26, Shake wrote:
Calm down Kafka. You might pop a blood vessel.

Your last comment proves my point even more. And it also supports my previous statement on that complex I think you have. Whether you actually have it or not, it doesn't matter. The way you have responded shows a person behind that post with those characteristics.

I responded to your sarcastic and aggressive comments to prove my point even further.

People, you can't drop down to a lower level for the sake of winning an arguement. I mean, if you know you are right, then why bother? You know?

And no Kafka, I don't know how your mind works. But as an astute-prone person, I can definitely sense your emotional querks via your words and language. Even a non-astute person could do that...

But none of these things I have said or claimed should be considered offensive, okay? Just consider it constructive criticism.

Thanks for those supportive comments, I appreciate it.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Um... lets see about what you did on the "Not responding for the sake of winning an argument" thing...

And even after I explain my point, people still don't comprehend it.

[i]I'M NOT DISSING THIS FORUM. That's number one.

And two? RANT ALL YOU WANT!

Clear?

I'm advising people not to give in to petty nonsense and to grow up.

I think ranting is just as important as you guys, people need to do it. I KNOW it has to be done. I am just ranting about ignorant people lowering down to other's levels.

The thing is, your ranting about rants... Which seems like pretty weird behavior to me... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

"People, you can't drop down to a lower level for the sake of winning an arguement." Why did you just do it then? I think the comment about Kafka's blood vessels would be a big example of that.

Also... What is a fourm for? Thats right, discussing things and trying to prove your point. Its an activity that all of us here seem to like participating in. I really like disscussing, not just PSO, but REAL life matters, it might turn into something that happens to me someday, then I'll want to rant about it.

And... "Get me now?" Um... No, sorry, I'm still not quite clear on what the point of the argument was... First it seemed like you were trying to get us to stop ranting, then it seemed like you were telling us we HAD to understand it the way you did... Then it seemed like you were a scientist doing a strange study, and all the while, it seemed like you were ranting about rants...

Mystil
Nov 19, 2003, 09:44 PM
Eh Kefka, he isn't being a hypocrit...READ the damn post over again. DOG21313, again, nope. The point he's getting accross has been made clear, but I'll sum up my way. Either put up with it, or shut the fuck about it. Not like it's going to change shit anyway. It's been to blow you top about something that actually REALLY pisses you off. There isn't a fucking point in degrading yourself by going on and on about something stupid like, what so and so said to me was wrong yadda yadda.

Why induce anger on yourself over something silly(and I'd agree most of the things I see in this rant forum are'nt that silly). If I said FUCK both of you, what are gonna do? Whine like school girls and fire back a me, or--while staying within your own level of personality, you close down my 'flame' and walk off.

And his post is'nt directed to anything specific in the rants forum. OBVIOUSLY he isn't talking about RANTING here.

On 2003-11-19 15:44, Eum wrote:

OK.

If you realize it or not. He has fun on this board. And unlike alot of you people here http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif He rarely flames.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2003-11-19 18:52 ]</font>

Shake
Nov 19, 2003, 10:25 PM
Thank you Silhuoette. You got my point exactly.

KodiaX987
Nov 20, 2003, 09:49 AM
On 2003-11-19 18:44, Silhouette wrote:

OK.

If you realize it or not. He has fun on this board. And unlike alot of you people here http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif He rarely flames.

Exactly you fucking bastard!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Wewt
Nov 20, 2003, 11:06 AM
I come here to relieve myself of boredom for 10 minutes or so...

DOG21313
Nov 20, 2003, 04:45 PM
On 2003-11-19 18:44, Silhouette wrote:
Eh Kefka, he isn't being a hypocrit...READ the damn post over again. DOG21313, again, nope. The point he's getting accross has been made clear, but I'll sum up my way. Either put up with it, or shut the fuck about it. Not like it's going to change shit anyway. It's been to blow you top about something that actually REALLY pisses you off. There isn't a fucking point in degrading yourself by going on and on about something stupid like, what so and so said to me was wrong yadda yadda.

Why induce anger on yourself over something silly(and I'd agree most of the things I see in this rant forum are'nt that silly). If I said FUCK both of you, what are gonna do? Whine like school girls and fire back a me, or--while staying within your own level of personality, you close down my 'flame' and walk off.

And his post is'nt directed to anything specific in the rants forum. OBVIOUSLY he isn't talking about RANTING here.

OK.

Then Why'd he say: "Just look at some of these topics" in his first post? And also...

"The point he's getting accross has been made clear, but I'll sum up my way. Either put up with it, or shut the fuck about it."

Whats a fourm for then? O.o I mean, this is what I come here for: To ask questions, give answers, and discuss about PSO.

"Why induce anger on yourself over something silly" Same reason you have, I saw a couple of cuss words in there, why would they be there if you weren't angry while writing that?

Also, I like to go toward the path of "being so calm that it makes them angry as ****" http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

"There isn't a fucking point in degrading yourself by going on and on about something stupid like, what so and so said to me was wrong yadda yadda." Once again, why would you be on here if it weren't for disscussing topics related to PSO and the PSO community? I haven't felt that I've degraded myself this whole thread (Unless i stop to think about my real life, now thats depressing http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif )

"And his post is'nt directed to anything specific in the rants forum." Anything specific, but it is still directed towards the rants fourm... Really, when someone says "Like I've said before, it's a game people. Enjoy phantasy star online and don't worry about those cheaters/legit players you don't agree with, or those annoying kids, or those cocky players or those threats." They're talking about how these topics are expressing our anger towards certain things (*cough*|-|4><0RZ*Cough*)

And how else are we going to let off our steam? If we keep it locked up, it just creates a snowball effect where we eventually end up seroiusly hurting someone...

KaFKa
Nov 20, 2003, 05:02 PM
thank you for explaining my simple point so well dog.

Bradicus
Nov 20, 2003, 05:34 PM
There is ranting, and bitching. This thread was made to rant/bitch about bitching. The main conflict here should not be "why this forum is here then jackass?" as some have said. A far better point would be: Who are you to judge what is ranting or bitching?

Everyone has their own oppinions about what pisses them off, and if no one else cares, the thread will get no feedback and die. So.... even if the rant/bitch is trivial, you have no right to insult it, as the posts it recieves (or lack there of) will be its own judge.

Shake
Nov 20, 2003, 07:14 PM
You're not understanding me either, but I'm done trying to explain it. This would be the fourth time I'd have to, but I might as well say one thing that we've all been told at one point or another. The one statement that I'm just trying to get people to remember...

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Bradicus
Nov 20, 2003, 08:09 PM
that sounds good in theory, but your motto falls apart in real life.

KaFKa
Nov 20, 2003, 08:10 PM
...yes it does...

DOG21313
Nov 20, 2003, 09:20 PM
On 2003-11-20 16:14, Shake wrote:
You're not understanding me either, but I'm done trying to explain it. This would be the fourth time I'd have to, but I might as well say one thing that we've all been told at one point or another. The one statement that I'm just trying to get people to remember...

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

O.O That... O.o Is... Cant remember... Did you just try to tell a group of adolescents and adults... The golden rule? O.o

Please no... *Shakes head* Bad memories! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHH

Stab him KodiaX!!!!! Pleeeeeeaaaaaaaaaassssssseeee!

Joltox
Nov 21, 2003, 01:42 AM
I think it best if we just drop this dicussion and move on to something more pleasant.

Shake
Nov 21, 2003, 09:42 AM
I'm not insulting anyone, I've said that before. So just stop and listen to my suggestion. That's all this post was.

I didn't realize people would make something out of this suggestion that it isn't at all.

But I agree with Joltox, I'm done.

KodiaX987
Nov 21, 2003, 11:04 AM
On 2003-11-20 18:20, DOG21313 wrote:
Stab him KodiaX!!!!! Pleeeeeeaaaaaaaaaassssssseeee!

I tried to! I swear!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif