PDA

View Full Version : the personalities of pso

dArKrEaVeR
Nov 19, 2003, 04:04 PM
i think when you play pso, you can see how each distinct character carries himself or herself. if they are dark clothed and magic user, they might be depressed and or have much friends, when it all comes down to it its interesting to meet all kinds of players on pso, especially making friends and recruiting different personalities to a team can balance the manpower of a team, a good leader in my opinion is one who doesnt have to depend on noone for help or anything else he/she lets nature come to its time and deal with things, i think thats what i symbolize. Im like the dark pso type of player what are you?

KaFKa
Nov 19, 2003, 04:07 PM
...the type that doesent give a shit...
(sorry, had to say that)

my chars are just there, they all have their distinct style and everything. i play whichever one i feel like that day.

Hrith
Nov 19, 2003, 04:12 PM
I've studied psychology, and this is absolutely irrelevant. This only might be true for a few cases. I have a dark-clothed FOnewearl and am very cheerful and not really alone http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

If you want a more relevant way that illustrates people's minds, check the music they listen to (and how much or if they listen to music at all). You learn interesting things that way, but again it is hihly insufficient to know and/or understand someone.

ThaRealest
Nov 19, 2003, 05:26 PM
Also....the type that doesnt give a shit...

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 19, 2003, 05:29 PM
Well... If you REALLY want to get insight into a person's personality, you have to look at the choices they make. The design of the PSO characters they choose is a good indication of what they enjoy looking at or the sort of character they perceive as a hero, or in some cases, their own self-image, which can indeed suggest certain thought patterns. If they have a HUmar dressed in all black, with the scarred face, then it would be logical to suggest that their idea of a hero conforms more to the "dark hero" theme, who uses evil to combat evil. They want a mean bad ass, rather than the type that's gentle, yet powerful.

If a person prefers to dress in all black, they are likely to have a darker outlook on life, and may even have a very mellodramatic personality. Unless they're a ninja, in which case, they have permission.

The choices you make are directly effected by your personality. Therefore, observing a person's choices, you can make observations about the way they think. Of course, you have to enlist a great variety of stereotypes so that you can mix and match accurately...

But, um, yeah, because a PSO character's design is based entirely on the player's choices, you can tell a few fairly details of varying significance about their personality.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HUnewearl_Meira on 2003-11-19 14:30 ]</font>

Krank40oz
Nov 19, 2003, 05:29 PM
Um i think just b/c you dress all DARK and SCARY doesnt make u depressed or antying. I think alot of people and me just act the way they usually are and not all retarted and stupid, but thats me and maybe i just talk to people that dont do that stuff either!

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 19, 2003, 05:34 PM
I didn't say depressed. I said they may have a darker outlook on life, and MAY be fairly mellodramatic. Those aren't constants. And of course, a darker outlook on life may be found in depressed people, but it can also be found in cheery people. The "darker outlook" suggests that they see more tragedy in the world than good stuff.

Krank40oz
Nov 19, 2003, 06:05 PM
Meria I was actually commenting on darkreavers comment but i do see what u posted and i agree kinda with what u say. I also think people act completely different in pso then they might in rea life. Which is a shame since people that are fake suck!

bob__phil
Nov 19, 2003, 06:27 PM
When I started PSO my charecter was dressed in black and it fit how I looked at life at the time.

Lately I have found a reason to live and am not evil so now my charecter is dressed in white.

My charecter effects my personality
but that is only me.

Krank40oz
Nov 19, 2003, 06:39 PM
YOu my friend need some serious mental help, i would say go see a psychologist. I dont get alot of people saying they dont have a reason to live. Imean thats none of my buissness but tht my friend seems very odd and maybe thats why u wana kill urself!

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 19, 2003, 06:43 PM
On 2003-11-19 15:05, Krank40oz wrote:
Meria I was actually commenting on darkreavers comment but i do see what u posted and i agree kinda with what u say. I also think people act completely different in pso then they might in rea life. Which is a shame since people that are fake suck!

Well, there ARE reasons for that, too. First of all, the character being used may offset someone's behavior. It's easy to slip into the role of a character that you can relate to. Of course, we also have that internet effect, where people are less shy and much more confident, because they aren't face to face with people. Which is both good and bad. In some cases, we get people that are more willing to help... In other cases we get people that are more willing to screw you up.

Krank40oz
Nov 19, 2003, 06:48 PM
HOw can u realte to a character this isnt real. U cant even hold it in ur hand. I think people that try to slip into there chars are weirdos. I mean they cant realate to them at all its all sci fi and u sit in photon chairs, you try to sit in a photon chair then i might consider it!

bob__phil
Nov 19, 2003, 06:56 PM
On 2003-11-19 15:39, Krank40oz wrote:
YOu my friend need some serious mental help, i would say go see a psychologist. I dont get alot of people saying they dont have a reason to live. Imean thats none of my buissness but tht my friend seems very odd and maybe thats why u wana kill urself!

I felt like I didn't have a reason to live but I never wanted to kill myself. I am the last person I would ever hurt.

But I am not like that anymore so don't worrie about it.

joluh
Nov 19, 2003, 11:22 PM
Hahahaha, how can you believe that?!?!

I think every character has his/her own personality, also CLOTHES DON'T MAKE YOU, YOU MAKE THE CLOTHES, my main character, also my alter-ego, it's a FOnewm in black clothes, so you'll say i'm depressed, i'm a goth/dark/punk person!?!?, or a loner, hehehe well some people tell me how can i laught all the time, and what's the fomula to be happy all the time ^_~ i'm too cheerful i guess, loud too, and actually i have to hide if i want to have a little time with myself, i have lots of acquaintances, and friends, so i'm nothing you thought i was, also my FOnewm it's like me, i said, he's my alter-ego

So in my opinion every character it's different, and it has nothing to do with the person behind them, just if they have an alter ego like myself, and no clothes has nothing to do, if so, then Avril would be a real punk girl ¬_¬'

anwserman
Nov 20, 2003, 01:45 AM
Well, its even more so on PSO-X because you actually talk with the person, you can hear their outlook on life, and whether or not their serious, mellow, etc. etc.

On the Gamecube it might be harder, but for the X-Box there might a better chance of relating a character to a person.

Eum
Nov 20, 2003, 01:54 AM
When I create my characters, I try to get a message across about who and what I am/I am about. Unfortunately, everything is so limited! To truly say something about myself, I'd have to have naked characters. I'm a nudist.

Rapture
Nov 21, 2003, 06:22 AM
All my chars wear black (my favorite colour) or red to suit them example, one of my chars is called nightfall so i give him the black suit with the yellow eyes as to me it symbolises the night and the moon. I think that most people just make there character in no specific way other than to make it look like what they want it to and not to symbolise them in anyway. Although i have to say i do like black and i do like Heavy Metal but that dosen't mean i am depressed as i am not, anyway that's the end of my message.

RFB
Nov 21, 2003, 06:34 AM
When I create a charachter, I do not set the looking depending on how I am or whatever. I just choose the class I want to pick, and then test variations in order to look for a cool character.

My FOmar has black clothes and black ponytail with glasses, but my FOmarl had blue hair with blue clothes, my RAcast had a yellow-kinda outfit, and my HUcast wa also in blue, as the FOmarl.

And even if by what has been said in this post, my heart could be placed in "the dark side", I can actually be a light-sided person. Examples:

SA2, favourite team: Heros.
SC1, favourite character: Sigfried, a man looking for redemption.
PSO EpIII(When it comes out): Definitely, Hunter! I'll create an Arkz character, to see and play their story, but the rest of my characters will be hunters.

It could be said that I'm a strange mixture of darkness and light.

Oh, and I actually have no reason to life. Life is simply meaningless to me.

Logical2u
Nov 21, 2003, 07:11 AM
Heh. I'm the 'jack of all trades but master of none' kinda guy. A basic semi-bland color (Brown/White), Face 4, Skin Color 4 (IE: Eye mask with a slightly downturned mouth), and regular hair. Kinda reflects how I look (but I don't wear an eye mask, heh) but with a slightly more depressed outlook on life. Me, I'm easily frustrated but often laughs at little things, and my typing shows that more then my character.

And yes, I do not specialize in any one thing even though I am a RAmar. I have lvl 14 or so techs, DoubleSaber types for Falz, and Rifles, Shotguns and Mechguns lining my bank.

ShadowChao
Nov 21, 2003, 02:18 PM
Meria has pretty much summed up a lot of what I had planned to say on this topic: go Meria!

But, yeah, people choose a character that will in some way reflect a part of themselves, be it subconscious or not. I picked a HUmar, dressed him up in the Red outfit, gave him a Stag Cutlery, and made his hair the shoulder-length style, black. He's a pyromaniac, like myself (it's not an obsession, just a fun hobby http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif). Then, I made my Angelic/good side... I suppose you would consider it a "dark angel", but he's a RAmar, black outfit (looks the least goofy, IMO) long white hair, masked face. Name? Seraphin. (Seraph being the highest rank of the Angels)

And... well, I guess the point I'm trying to make is that you reflect different sides of your personality through other means. RPGs really attract a lot of people because they can indeed step into another role, rather than confront reality and be forced to deal with things in a much more stressful environment. Oh, and yes, I do have a pretty dark/negative outlook on life.

"An optimist and a pessimist both reach the same end. The difference is, the optimist will have a better journey, while the pessimist was being honest with themselves and expected every disappointment they recieved."

And yeah, I'd have to agree that darker clothing does hint towards a darker outlook on life, or at least a taste for the dark side of things.
I certainly can't picture a gothic-type person playing an all white Support FO. O_o

Rapture
Nov 21, 2003, 02:22 PM
I do have a dark look on life shadow chao and i am also a pecimest. I also like the dark and moody characters of FF7 and FF8 rather than the happy lead characters of FF9 and FF10. Anyway there seems to be a lot of people on here that have a bleak outlook on life lol and IMO there isn't any point having a happy outlook on life, life/the world is a horrible lonely place where death and destruction run rampant, a place where most people will stab you in the back the second that they get the chance, anyway that's just my opinion.

P.S. Don't tell me i need help as I don't.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rapture on 2003-11-21 11:26 ]</font>

ShadowChao
Nov 21, 2003, 06:43 PM
I wouldn't tell anyone they need help, as it's not my business. Nobody's 100% NORMAL, by definition, anyway.

Oh, and sorry Meira, I misspelled your name in my above post.

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 21, 2003, 07:20 PM
On 2003-11-21 15:43, ShadowChao wrote:
Oh, and sorry Meira, I misspelled your name in my above post.

lol... Don't worry, it happens all the time.

Lord_Sloth
Nov 21, 2003, 11:31 PM
When making a character I just go with an appearance and make up a past! All my characters have a fairly in depth past!

ShadowFOrce
Nov 22, 2003, 12:46 AM
When I make a Character I uhhh die

Rapture
Nov 22, 2003, 06:22 AM
Sorry shadow chao, i wasn't aiming that P.S. at you just the people that say o you need mental attention just because you don't see the world as a happy place. Hope i didn't cause offence.