PDA

View Full Version : XBox: Date?

VampTurialim
Nov 25, 2003, 11:03 AM
Is there a release date for the X Box version yet, cos i read in a mag that it would be out at the end of november, and it is the end of november...
so when?

PrinceBrightstar
Nov 25, 2003, 11:24 AM
As of right now it is Only On Gamecube. Sorry.

LINX
Nov 25, 2003, 01:28 PM
There aren't even any official announcements saying it will be out for the Xbox... You'll just have to buy a Gamecube. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Ness
Nov 25, 2003, 03:10 PM
It's only on Gamecube.

VampTurialim
Dec 15, 2003, 05:26 AM
Oh that is stupid....

I have the right mind to complain to sega team...

They put all this hype into episode 3 in most of the X Box mags, and then dont give it to us...

NOOOOO!!!!!

-STE-
Dec 15, 2003, 06:33 AM
GC version sold few copy and you want for xbox? noone have xbox in jp and i think sega wont make a game for sell 5 000 copy

Zaneatron
Dec 15, 2003, 01:08 PM
Yeah the cost of manufaturing it for a small market just wont be fiscally worth it. and you should check that "mag" again, seeing its been set for nov 27th on GC for ages, and nothing has been set for xbox (obviously its december now) so you were probably reading a GC article, and the game was undoubtedly played on GC seeing we dont even know if any xbox code exists.

A2K
Dec 15, 2003, 03:01 PM
If it does come out on Xbox, it won't be until after the domestic Gamecube release, which is in February.

VampTurialim
Dec 16, 2003, 06:40 AM
On 2003-12-15 10:08, Zaneatron wrote:
and you should check that "mag" again, seeing its been set for nov 27th on GC for ages, and nothing has been set for xbox (obviously its december now) so you were probably reading a GC article, and the game was undoubtedly played on GC seeing we dont even know if any xbox code exists.

The magazine i read was OXM (the official X Box magazine) so somehow i dont think it was a GC article (that didnt mean to sound spiteful, sorry)

I emailed SEGA team europe...

this is what i wrote...

Dear Sega Team,

I don't know if you have anything to do with this, but i would like to know if Phantasy Star Online Episode III is coming to the X Box...

I read that it was meant to be coming out for the X Box at the end of November, but when I asked on PSOworld.com, thay said it was only on GameCube....

I know that the X Box version of Episodes I & II are losing most of their players online, but thats because they're all getting bored waiting for Episode III and turing to other games like Rainbow 6 3...

Myself, I am devoted to Episode I & II, and have got every Phantasy Star game, Please don't ruin it by make Episode III a GameCube exculsive...

Please reply to this email as soon as you can...

Michael A. Chick

aka a BIG fan of SEGA

and this is whet they wrote back today...

Dear Michael,

Thanks for your e-mail.

Unfortunately the release of Phantasy Star Online Episode III is only for the Game Cube at the moment. This may can change in the next future, but at this moment we do not have information regarding the release of this title.

Kind regards

Thomas Taudien

Hopefully thay will change it to X Box as well...

Dear god (or santa)
please make episode III on the X Box
please please please please please
Turialim

HUnewearl_Meira
Dec 16, 2003, 03:37 PM
Eh... I say blame the gaming mags... Neither Sega, nor Sonic Team ever said Episode III was coming to the XBox.

Let this be a lesson: Never EVER trust ANYTHING you read in a gaming mag. Their information is typically two months behind (which was fine before the 'net came around), and it also tends to be infested with misleading rumors.

zanth
Dec 18, 2003, 03:36 PM
I think maybe Sega learned from Ep 1 & 2 that putting the game on X-Box foolish. Oh, look, the game isn't out yet and has been hacked all to hell and totally destroyed for anyone who doesn't want to do that stuff? Joy, makes me wanna play.... I'll keep my GC version, thank you.

Blackwaltz-R
Dec 19, 2003, 07:56 PM
lets use our power of common sense, first off, like eps1&2 for GC it came out first in US before the XB version, so lest WAIT till it even GETS to america AT ALL before we complain about ports, and as for the mag article, EITHER you got the YEAR wrong, OR, the mag itself was misinformed, and THEY should be the ones to here from you first than the forums lol and you CANT just mail sega and expect them to be like hmmm, yeah we should release it for XB, cuz for one thing, its NOT developed in US, youd HAVE to mail it to sega of JAPAN, where the game is MANUFACTURED, and yes its doubtful theyd port the game JUST to a few thousand players, ESPECIALLY just to be hacked, its doubtful theyd WANT to have to make a bunch of useless patches every few weeks or days, and theyed prolly feel that XB has enough online games and should focus on GC, who they favor, but wants to spread the experience, thats IF they REALLY think about, and IF they do, then they WONT release it for XB.

anwserman
Dec 21, 2003, 01:25 AM
On 2003-12-18 12:36, zanth wrote:
I think maybe Sega learned from Ep 1 & 2 that putting the game on X-Box foolish. Oh, look, the game isn't out yet and has been hacked all to hell and totally destroyed for anyone who doesn't want to do that stuff? Joy, makes me wanna play.... I'll keep my GC version, thank you.

At least our characters don't get corrupted. At least we don't have 1300+ mags. At least we don't have online duping, max-stat OR multi-equip.

Don't you dare say PSOX was a mistake, as there was NO advertising for it and I wasn't even AWARE that it was on X-Box until my friend brought it up to me. Also, you don't have to play with anybody who has those items, so don't say everybody has them because I sure don't.

And also, if Sega would open up their eyes and realize that outside of Japan, the Gamecube is flopping and that the X-Box is number #2 console. Its just stupid logic that Sega has, and it seems like their brainpower has diminished since the Dreamcast flopped... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

SolRiver
Dec 21, 2003, 02:07 AM
In terms of marketing, I dont think SonicTeam/Sega ever going to put it on xbox. Even thou I did said that it is possible, but I beleive that the % is below 40 of success.

1) Card game are more popular in JP, while Xbox are not popular there.
2) Xbox PSO didnt sell as good as GCN
3) If Xbox will have it's own version, it will probably come out alot later than GCN version. By that time, everyone already got their GCN version why would they want a xbox version? (most of the ppl)
4) GCN is cheap now, it might be even possible to just buy GCN just for the sake of this game than Xbox.

Anyway, that is just what I thought...

Skett
Dec 21, 2003, 10:04 AM
I guess Xbox isn't SonicTeams favorate system to work with. They released more games on GCN than Xbox or PS2.
Also, I think SonicTeam knows that their PSO games are the only online games for GCN so players who wish to go online with the cube will have to pick their titles.
And last GCN isn't failing everywhere. It has a very solid hold on the market so they still get money and release games. GameCubes position in the system wars are greatly exagerated.

Saiffy
Dec 21, 2003, 12:53 PM
ill say this for the mods:
"Keep it on topic, don't start a flame war."

LollipopLolita
Dec 21, 2003, 03:56 PM
thank you saiffwin, and yes you guys get back on topis.

and remember

Rule 16
Website/Board/Console Wars
No website, board or console wars are tolerated.