PDA

View Full Version : Linkin Park and Fred Durst

-Luke-
Nov 30, 2003, 09:38 AM
Wow...these people really piss me off. Let's start with Linkin Park. All their songs sound alike, and all are designed to cash in on the sorrows and anger of angsty teens. All songs are angry, screaming etc. Grow up. Sure, a couple songs are good, but they now jes annoy me. I am not saying all people that listen to them are angsty teens, jes that angsty teens are the target audience for Linkin Park.

Fred Durst. You ho. Heard his/Limp Bizkits new song? If not, it is the most whiny pathetic example of a song I have ever heard in my life. I don't listen to Eminem, but a song that Eminem made 3 years ago applies now, Eminem says Fred wants to be hated. Its true, listen to the lyrics. Is he considered to be a bad guy? No, that is people like Manson and Eminiem. OMG guys, you don't know what it's like to be the bad guy, omg its sooooo terrible, omg behind BLUE eyes, im so beautiful and innocent, but no one likes me, oh woe is me. ahem...fuck off. He tries to isolate himself, and it is both annoying and retarded. Go away Fred, go live far away.
Luke

SpikeOtacon
Nov 30, 2003, 09:43 AM
I can say that I am fairly Icolated and yet I feel that niether Linkin Park NOR Fred durst could ever possibly but that feeling into a song.
Yes, Linkin park does make you feel like an angsty teenager again, but ever since 'one step closer' and 'in the end' they really did try too hard. Perhaps they should listen to their own stuff.
Practice what you preach, you know?

polishedweasel
Nov 30, 2003, 10:47 AM
Er....actually, WB made Linkin Park in an office building. They never had to go through all the drama and blah blah blah blah....

They were created by bigwigs. Or at least that's what I heard. Their music is still very good IMO.

Fred Durst is an untalented peice of trash. If you have to say fuck 80 times in a song, then you suck. :

Deathscythealpha
Nov 30, 2003, 12:48 PM
But 'Behind a Blue Eyes' isnt actually a song Fred Durst wrote, its a cover version of a really old song, i think i may have been a Sinatra one, but i cant remember what the guy on the radio said.

Linken Park: sound very samey to me.

Fred Durst: Dont really care about him or his music.

SpikeOtacon
Nov 30, 2003, 12:52 PM
I thought i'd bring this up too:
Linkin Park's music is very uh....'clean' yet the messages in there can be horrendous.
While a clean version of a limp bizkit/fred durst song is like this:

Ladies and gentlement!
Introducing the Chocolate Starfish!
and the Hotdog Flavored Water
Bring it on!
Get the ---- up!
Yeah!
Check, one, two

Listen up, listen up!
Here we go
It's a ----ed world
We're a ----ed up place
Everybody's judged by their ----ed up face
----ed up dreams
----ed up life
and you get the point...3 and a half more minutes of this shit can drive a man crazy.

-Luke-
Nov 30, 2003, 01:42 PM
Yeah...I saw the damn video...again..now, the lyrics go on to say:
no one knows what its like to be hated...
no one knows what its like to be faded
STFU fred, no one hates you, people jes think yer an idiot...
Luke

-Luke-
Nov 30, 2003, 01:44 PM
Oh yeah Spike, I think someone told me that 'chocolate starfish' is their word for female genitalia, and 'hot dog flavoured water' is semen...and they are what? 20-30? Grow up Fred
Luke

SpikeOtacon
Nov 30, 2003, 01:49 PM
Yeah, they seriously do need to grow up.

Ness
Nov 30, 2003, 03:41 PM
I hate all those bands that only sing about pain and suffering.

Shake
Dec 1, 2003, 09:13 AM
Most every band sings about pain and suffering. Linkin Park is a good band, but I do agree with you with Fred Durst. I never liked him at all.

oeagrus
Dec 1, 2003, 10:32 AM
"Behind Blue Eyes" was originally created and recorded by The Who, somewhere around 1970.

HotWaterDeath
Dec 1, 2003, 12:07 PM
They are a bunch of marionette's created by the mass media machine (And boy do these chaps process churn the wheels of this money-making machine). Its all "style" and no substance. Just a bunch of mass produced commodities that are put on the smorgasbord of "Music" Television trash, to a bunch of ladies and gents that don't know any better. I bet every "fan" of these horrible bands will regret their loss of hard earned wages on both of the aforementioned "artists".

I hear Mr. Durst was trying to do a cover of "Waiting Room" by Fugazi on national television or something. If its true, that would be the biggest affront to the music form since the whole nu-metal explosion.

AUTO_
Dec 1, 2003, 03:44 PM
On 2003-12-01 07:32, oeagrus wrote:
"Behind Blue Eyes" was originally created and recorded by The Who, somewhere around 1970.

THANK JESUS SOMEONE FINALLY SAYS IT! (death kind of did)

Limp Bizkit also did a cover of *gasp* "My Generation" which was also a cover from The *gasp* Who.

I used to hate Linkin Park but I've grown to respect them with the release of Meteora. They're a good band live and deserve respect even if you're not a fan of their music.

Limp Bizkit and I have mixed feelings. A lot of the LB songs I've really liked, and others I haven't. I also respect Fred Durst as an artist, because he went through a ton of shit to get where he is today.

I respect both bands.

You all shouldn't care who Linkin Park or LB's audience is, as long as you know which side you're on. If you think Linkin Park's lyrics and music is targeted mainly at angsty teens...then maybe they grew up as angsty teens and decided to rant about it.

And you care...why?

KaFKa
Dec 1, 2003, 04:02 PM
...someone finally realized that not all music groups are corporate fodder. (i love that word. fodder)

have you all even thought that maybe they dont give a sh*t what they sound like, as long as they like it? god, obviously some people dont realize that.

ok, im done ranting

SpikeOtacon
Dec 1, 2003, 04:32 PM
On 2003-12-01 13:02, KaFKa wrote:
...someone finally realized that not all music groups are corporate fodder. (i love that word. fodder)

have you all even thought that maybe they dont give a sh*t what they sound like, as long as they like it? god, obviously some people dont realize that.

I am in a Rock band myself (if you didn't know, Click on meh sig plz!) and we know that we don't stand a cold chance in hell of ever getting a record deal. In the words of Andrew W.K "We do what we like and we like what we do!"
God his music is so unoriginal. I swear you can hear the same damn piano playing in EVERY song of his first album.

Shattered_weasel
Dec 1, 2003, 07:31 PM
And they have more money then probably all of us.....so they must be doing something right.