PDA

View Full Version : Jane Eyre

Allos
Nov 30, 2003, 04:16 PM
Jesus Christ this book sucks! If any of you have read it (and please don't tell me you did willingly) I ask you to tell me what happens now so that I don't have to pain myself in reading 5 more chapters!

muff
Nov 30, 2003, 05:22 PM
On 2003-11-30 13:16, Allos wrote:
Jesus Christ this book sucks! If any of you have read it (and please don't tell me you did willingly) I ask you to tell me what happens now so that I don't have to pain myself in reading 5 more chapters!

Something about a blind guy, something about a house fire, something about a weird women who bites people, thats all I can remember.

Do what I do, rent the video, no more book read.

Allos
Nov 30, 2003, 05:30 PM
The guy just got bitten and accused that bitch Grace Poole of being a vampire. Damn you Charlotte Bronte!

Ness
Nov 30, 2003, 05:36 PM
I hate that book with a passion.

Allos
Nov 30, 2003, 05:39 PM
It's so freakin boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I tried to make myself read a chapter so that I won't completely fail the weekly quiz but I can't even finish a damn page!

Ness
Nov 30, 2003, 05:41 PM
Jane Eyre is bad, but Ethan Frome is alot worse.

Enyalis_Cho
Dec 1, 2003, 01:14 AM
I hated that damn book and put a voodoo curse on the teacher that asigned it. Anyways. Basic jest:

Home dude proposes to Jane. Jane finds out home dude is married to crazy bitch who lives in that wing of the house she wasn't allowed in. Home dude tries to tell her that he was forced to marry crazy bitch, but Jane decides to leave anyways. Crazy bitch finds the wedding dress Jane was gonna wear and sets it (and the house) on fire. Home dude gets caught in the fire and is burned really badly leaving him blind. Jane realizes that she's really in love with home dude and decides to come back only now he's blind, ugly, and poor. She stays with him anyways because of that whole true love crap and I think he dies at the end.

I'm not sure if thats completely right, as it has been years since I've read it and I have been trying to block it out of my mind ever since. Anyways, hope that helps.

Outrider
Dec 1, 2003, 04:21 PM
I never read it, but I had to read Wide Sargasso Sea for my Brit Lit class. It's basically the backstory of the crazy lady. Yeah... that book was boring, too.