PDA

View Full Version : Bonus cards

-STE-
Dec 1, 2003, 01:32 PM
If you have save files of Episode 3 trial or other save files of SEGA games (jp) insert memory card with this save on slot B and go offline.
When you on pioneer 2 goto Exchange cards machine and select the last option.
After you do this you can have bonus cards. ^ ^

Mr_Springate
Dec 1, 2003, 05:15 PM
Can you please post which games you know for certain give results of bonus cards?

We will be needing information like this for our database!

Jack
Dec 1, 2003, 05:47 PM
Ah, so it's like with the trophies in Super Smash Bros, except this actually does something. I'm betting Sonic Mega Collection gives Sonic Knuckles.

Auronius
Dec 1, 2003, 10:21 PM
Crap. If I had my beta save on the card I want my actual character on, will I get the cards?
Can I make a character on another mem card, get the cards, then make character on the mem card I want them on and trade the cards?

-STE-
Dec 2, 2003, 02:43 AM
On 2003-12-01 19:21, Auronius wrote:
Crap. If I had my beta save on the card I want my actual character on, will I get the cards?
Can I make a character on another mem card, get the cards, then make character on the mem card I want them on and trade the cards?

I think you get cards without problems.

All Sega games Jp games.

EvilDroog
Dec 2, 2003, 04:05 AM
Well, if this helps anyone I received the following 5 bonus cards;

Nanodragon (Enemy) [R4 rarity]
Sonic Knuckles (Item) [E rarity]
Madam's Umbrella (Item) [N1 rarity]
Beat (Action) [E rarity]
Halo Rappy (Enemy) [E rarity]

I had the following Sega saves on my memory card;

PSO Episode 3 Trial
PSO Episode 1&2 (ver 1.1)
Sonic Mega Collection
Beach Spikers
F-Zero GX (No idea if this counts though?)

I have no ideas what items came from what games, if *any* but thought this might be of interest?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EvilDroog on 2003-12-02 03:58 ]</font>

EvilDroog
Dec 2, 2003, 04:15 AM
Some more experimenting was done by me and I got two more cards;

Sange (Item) [R4 rarity]
Rage (Action) [R4 rarity]

BUT I had the following Sega saves on this other memory card;

Gekitou Professional Baseball
Sonic Adventure Deluxe
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
Super Monkey Ball
Sega Soccer Slam
Virtua Striker 3 ver.2002
Crazy Taxi (Does this count? It's got Acclaim written all over it...)

If I were to hazard a *guess*, I would say that the two Sonic Adventure games were the ones that opened up the items but I don't know for sure...

EDIT: I have included rarity values on all the cards I have found now. I *suspect* it's Sonic Team saved game files that are the ones that unlock cards.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EvilDroog on 2003-12-02 04:00 ]</font>

Malkavian
Dec 2, 2003, 04:21 AM
Oh let's see if we find out which games does give extra cards!!

PointyCat
Dec 2, 2003, 05:07 AM
http://tails04.sonicteam.com/pso3/visualbbs/data/200312/83.png

Billy Hatcher card hehe. :P

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PointyCat on 2003-12-02 02:08 ]</font>

EvilDroog
Dec 2, 2003, 06:55 AM
I hadn't thought of Billy Hatcher... ^_^

But a saved game from the ol' Giant Egg does unlock a card, as PointyCat said...

Clippen (Enemy) [E Rarity]

I haven't tried it in a deck yet but it looks extremely weak... only 1 HP!

-STE-
Dec 2, 2003, 07:47 AM
Noone have usb memory card so we can exchange save files ^ ^

EvilDroog
Dec 2, 2003, 07:55 AM
Actually, I *do* have a USB memory card if anyone wants these Sonic Team saves?

-STE-
Dec 2, 2003, 08:01 AM
Send me at [email protected] please.
I can send you super monkey ball 2 save beach spiker and episode 3 trial save.
^ ^

HairyGoat
Dec 2, 2003, 09:34 AM
You guys are lucky. I don't have any saves because I formatted my memory card for Japanese. Can I still put normal saves on there? Also, how do you tell the rarity? I have seen things like N4 or something. What is the highest and lowest?

Tevren
Dec 2, 2003, 09:56 AM
Its not much help, but the domestic Episode 1&2 yielded the Nano Dragon as well. Will try the other Sega saves I ahve when I get home.

tgif2000
Dec 2, 2003, 09:59 AM
please could you send me the japanese saves too? i have a usb memorycard

[email protected]

thanks

Shimarisu
Dec 2, 2003, 11:36 AM
I have a USB mem card, can anyone send me the saves?

- Shimarisu

-STE-
Dec 2, 2003, 11:40 AM
Ok
i can upload under my site the save file if EvilDroog
allow me because most of save is of him.
If i upload under my site after all can download it.

If is only Sonic Team games like o think too we can have

Sonic Battle
Sonic DX
Sonic Mega Coll
PSO ep 1 2
PSO ep 3 trial
Billy giant egg
Sonic Heroes from 30 december hehe

MinscTFA
Dec 2, 2003, 12:41 PM
I'll ask this question for anyone here who has Ep. III (I won't have it until next year http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif). Can you only get one of these cards per character and can you trade them off if you wish?

Malkavian
Dec 2, 2003, 01:23 PM
Yes I would appreciate if someone uploads the files.

-STE-
Dec 2, 2003, 01:34 PM
On 2003-12-02 09:41, MinscTFA wrote:
I'll ask this question for anyone here who has Ep. III (I won't have it until next year http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif). Can you only get one of these cards per character and can you trade them off if you wish?

This special cards if E rank (like p 3 trial gift cards) cant be traded.

All s rank ss rank and e (event) cards cant be traded.

AppieDPC
Dec 2, 2003, 02:34 PM
I would really appriciate it too if those JPN save files were put online, I have some game files but they are PAL format. So if anybody can put these files on a site. That would be great and I might get an USB card for it if they are online. It would save EvilDroog and -STE- mailing the stuff to everybody http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AppieDPC on 2003-12-02 11:37 ]</font>

Sappharad
Dec 2, 2003, 05:48 PM
You dont need a USB card, if you know how to use any of the GC homebrewn code loaders, there's a program called GCS that lets you upload .gci files to any standard memory card.

I tried it a few weeks ago, and it seemed to work fine with the saves from USB cards.

-STE-
Dec 3, 2003, 04:08 AM
Here is all save file i have:

lolita edit: don't like to this.

Like Evildroog said maybe only sonic team games works.

Thanks to him for the save files.

ps i wont share my ep3 trial save file because is personal ^ ^ sorry

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-12-18 11:48 ]</font>

Malkavian
Dec 3, 2003, 04:20 AM
Giantized XXL Thanks!!!!!

AppieDPC
Dec 3, 2003, 04:55 AM
On 2003-12-02 14:48, Sappharad wrote:
You dont need a USB card, if you know how to use any of the GC homebrewn code loaders, there's a program called GCS that lets you upload .gci files to any standard memory card.

I tried it a few weeks ago, and it seemed to work fine with the saves from USB cards.

Ah yes that would be cheaper http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
I will try to get that to work http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
Thanks

-STE- and EvilDroog
Thanks for the files http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

EvilDroog
Dec 3, 2003, 07:26 AM
I did some more checking. Super Monkey Ball 2 & Beach Spikers unlock nothing. So far, it is only Sonic Team games.

STE, I'd put the Ep.3 trial saves up also as they do unlock cards.

The list of saved games that are confirmed to unlock cards thus runs;

Sonic Mega Collection
Sonic Adventure DX
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
PSO Episode 1&2
PSO Episode 3 Trial Edition
Billy Hatcher & the Giant Egg

I will try and see if PSO Episode 1&2 Trial saved game unlocks anything later this evening...

I suspect Sonic Heroes will probably unlock something too. Egg Blaster perhaps? ^_^

Silver-X
Dec 3, 2003, 08:01 AM
So if you download the saves ,put them on your usb memory card does that mean we also have make a new charcter on the usb memorycard ?
Or can i use a memory card(with a ep3 char.) in slot A and the japanese saves(usb mem.) in slot B?
Does that also work?

rena-ko
Dec 3, 2003, 08:09 AM
well, if those saves are copyable, simply copy them over to your characters memcard (one by one to verify which save triggers which card would be nice) (by cubes card manager).

besides this, i GUESS, that those special cards can not be transfered from one character on your usb card to your other, since... they're special cards... (but i dont know, STE might verify this).

EvilDroog
Dec 3, 2003, 08:26 AM
If your regular Ep.3 save is on a standard memory card, merely put that in slot A and start a game as usual. You can then just put the USB memory card with the downloaded saves in slot B. Thankfully Sonic Team have not expected people to play all their games using a single memory card... ^_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EvilDroog on 2003-12-03 06:07 ]</font>

Silver-X
Dec 3, 2003, 09:03 AM
thanks rena and evil for the explanation http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
now i have to find someone with an usb memory card http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

-STE-
Dec 3, 2003, 11:10 AM
a or b slot is save just have save file

Malkavian
Dec 3, 2003, 12:48 PM
Ok I got 5 bonus cards already. But since I put all the files at same time I dunno which card is for each game...

Billy hatcher gives that animal from its game card.
PSO Episode 1&2 I think it gives a Nano Dragon

Then between the 3 sonic games they give: Madam's Umbrella, Real Agito (well it shines like the real agito is supposed to, or maybe is one of the other katanas) and a weird deffense card. In its illustration is seen a robot with red electrical charge in his arms. If no one does before me I'll put images tomorrow.
Also I guess the 2 weapons are from sonic adventures and the deffense card from megacollection.

Edit: Ok here are the pics. These 3 came from the sonic games.
http://tails04.sonicteam.com/pso3/visualbbs/data/200312/166.png
http://tails04.sonicteam.com/pso3/visualbbs/data/200312/166-1.png
http://tails04.sonicteam.com/pso3/visualbbs/data/200312/166-2.png

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Malkavian on 2003-12-03 11:29 ]</font>

HairyGoat
Dec 3, 2003, 04:29 PM
So to get the cards I can put my EP 3 memory card in slot A and my other memory card with game saves from domestic games in slot B and I will get the cards?

tgif2000
Dec 3, 2003, 04:47 PM
yes you can, that's exactly what i did

Malkavian
Dec 3, 2003, 04:50 PM
On 2003-12-03 13:29, HairyGoat wrote:
So to get the cards I can put my EP 3 memory card in slot A and my other memory card with game saves from domestic games in slot B and I will get the cards?

I think the game saves must be from same region as episode 3.

HairyGoat
Dec 3, 2003, 04:50 PM
Alright thanks.

HairyGoat
Dec 3, 2003, 05:07 PM
I think the game saves must be from same region as episode 3.

Well didn't someone say that they got a nano dragon from domestic ep 1 and 2? I will try it. Where do you get the cards, do they just pop up when you start the game?

tgif2000
Dec 3, 2003, 05:10 PM
no,
star a game , offline or online doesnt matter.
go to the computer where you exchange cards.
and select the last option, it will make a noise if it find cards. do it 1 or 2 times(the first time it didnt gave me al the cards)

Tevren
Dec 3, 2003, 05:11 PM
I got the nano from domestic Episode 1&2. It was the only ST game on that memory card.

Haven't tried e1&2Plus, or any other domestic ST games yet.

To get them, put the memory card with th save in Slot B, and go to the Card shop area. Find the green machine, and select the bottom option. After a few minutes, you'll hear a chime, and it will be added to your collection.

EvilDroog
Dec 3, 2003, 07:11 PM
On Page 1 of this topic, I state what these cards are;

The Katana weapon is actually Sange.

The robot card is called Rage and is an action card. It's actually for offense.

The Billy Hatcher creature is called Clippen.

Hope this helps!

Malkavian, did you not also get the Sonic Knuckles?

[quote]
On 2003-12-03 09:48, Malkavian wrote:

Billy hatcher gives that animal from its game card.
PSO Episode 1&2 I think it gives a Nano Dragon

Then between the 3 sonic games they give: Madam's Umbrella, Real Agito (well it shines like the real agito is supposed to, or maybe is one of the other katanas) and a weird deffense card. In its illustration is seen a robot with red electrical charge in his arms.

Shimarisu
Dec 4, 2003, 01:59 AM
On 2003-12-03 14:11, Tevren wrote:
I got the nano from domestic Episode 1&2. It was the only ST game on that memory card.

So did I, had domestic ep 1+2 on my USB card, got the Nano dragon.

- Shimarisu

-STE-
Dec 4, 2003, 02:36 AM
Billye Hatcher card is very weak but funny hehe

Only good card is episode 3 trial beat card action card.

Malkavian
Dec 4, 2003, 12:22 PM
Oh wow it works from pal saves too then. I'm surprised... and I feel stupid. I have all Sonic Team games in GC, PAL version and I downloaded those files STE put, passed them to USB and went to get the cards when I already had them. D'oh!!

Shimarisu
Dec 8, 2003, 11:58 AM
It makes sense that domestic saves will work, as ep 3 is obviously coming out overseas, so a blanket code to recognise all versions of the save will be in place from day one. It's easier for ST that way, they wouldn't have to alter the recognition thing when international players come on. It's entirely possible too, that the recognition in place detects the bitmap picture on the save, that way all versions would be identical.

- Shimarisu

rena-ko
Dec 8, 2003, 12:37 PM
on the other hand its still a bit strange...

EU/US memcard format is not compatible with JP format. but if the JP game can read out an EU/US memcard in slot B, then the cube just doesnt understand the unicode letters...

interesting thought.

Guntz348
Dec 8, 2003, 08:50 PM
Ok I'm confused and have dumb questions! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif First off I put my trial data, and my Ep3 and PSO+ data on the same card, will that make a difference in getting the bonus cards? Also where is the machine to exchange them, thats the dumb question. Do you mean the lady where you go to edit your deck?

-STE-
Dec 9, 2003, 02:44 AM
No machine is on right of lady is 2 same machine on wall for trade card go there and click last option on menu.

BelleEmerald
Dec 11, 2003, 01:56 PM
I had bought a new memory card just for the PSO Ep 3 trial and there are NO other saves on there. When I got my bonus cards I got Sonic Knuckles, Halo Rappy, and some action card, I don't know what it is though. I think all of them are E rarity.

Tevren
Dec 11, 2003, 02:00 PM
Prolly a dumb question...but, I haven;t filled my quota yet.

Is it possible for someone with trial to make a new Trial save on a card, not even to play, just for the save, and upload a save of that vis USB?

I didn't get the Trial, but would really like to get the Sonic Knuckles from Trial.

BelleEmerald
Dec 11, 2003, 02:06 PM
I would try for you if I had a USB memory card, but I don't. Sorry. /.

rena-ko
Dec 11, 2003, 02:11 PM
euh... >_>
my question got asked already.

here, i second that:

On 2003-12-11 11:00, Tevren wrote:
Prolly a dumb question...but, I haven;t filled my quota yet.

Is it possible for someone with trial to make a new Trial save on a card, not even to play, just for the save, and upload a save of that vis USB?

I didn't get the Trial, but would really like to get the Sonic Knuckles from Trial.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2003-12-11 11:13 ]</font>