PDA

View Full Version : Hori Memory Card details

Mr_Springate
Dec 1, 2003, 03:12 PM
Hey, my HORI Ep.3 memory card arrived today!

It is a very beautiful memory card, which is packaged in a box that doesn't need to be ripped open! (Great for us collectors!)

I inserted the memory card in my PAL gamecube and it says that the memory card is not formatted and wants to format it?!?

It also doesn't come with stickers as was previously reported - BUT it does come with a set of those cool PSO Ep.3 cards!!! BRILLIANT!

If anyone has any questions about the memory card just post a reply!

Thanks!

Mr.Springate

tgif2000
Dec 1, 2003, 03:22 PM
HORi epIII mem card is only to use with japānese games, otherwise games will try to format it

-STE-
Dec 1, 2003, 03:26 PM
Good 5 cards right?

memory will work with all region only need format it if you use with pal gc or usa if you use with jp gc it is preformatted

Mr_Springate
Dec 1, 2003, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the reply,
I was under the impression that the memory card would include special data for use with Ep.3 game.

1. Does this data not exist?
2. If it does can I not use it on my PAL GC?
3. How can I tell if the cards that came with the memory card are 'good'?

Mr.Springate

-STE-
Dec 1, 2003, 03:38 PM
On 2003-12-01 12:32, Mr_Springate wrote:
Thanks for the reply,
I was under the impression that the memory card would include special data for use with Ep.3 game.

1. Does this data not exist?
2. If it does can I not use it on my PAL GC?
3. How can I tell if the cards that came with the memory card are 'good'?

Mr.Springate

No was only bad translation Cards wasnt cards game but real cards like Episode 3 game have inside.
So no bonus game card on memory.

Episode 3 have 5 real card inside
Memory 5 real too
and Keyboard have 10 real card inside

You can use your memory without problem on pal gc just format it and save the game you want.

AppieDPC
Dec 1, 2003, 04:37 PM
just bad translation?!
My god almost every import site has the info that it is actual DATA on the memory card and not some (useless) freeby real cards.

Japanvideogames.com:

In addition to the crisp artwork on the clear memory card 251, data for five special cards will also be pre-loaded onto the card for frantic fans to unleash in the game.

Lik-sang.com:

Includes five special in-game cards already saved to memory and ready for use.
And if I check more sites I will probably find more of this "bad translation". So what the fuck is going on? As you see I am slighty pissed, because I only want in-game cards. Real cards are like I said useless.

Couldn't it be because he uses a PAL system and had to format it, the 5 cards file got deleted in the formatting process?

Fucking lame if it is just 5 freeby real cards,
I wouldn't have ordered it if I knew that.

Sashi
Dec 1, 2003, 05:13 PM
On 2003-12-01 13:37, AppieDPC wrote:
just bad translation?!
My god almost every import site has the info that it is actual DATA on the memory card and not some (useless) freeby real cards.

Japanvideogames.com:

In addition to the crisp artwork on the clear memory card 251, data for five special cards will also be pre-loaded onto the card for frantic fans to unleash in the game.

Lik-sang.com:

Includes five special in-game cards already saved to memory and ready for use.
And if I check more sites I will probably find more of this "bad translation". So what the fuck is going on? As you see I am slighty pissed, because I only want in-game cards. Real cards are like I said useless.

Couldn't it be because he uses a PAL system and had to format it, the 5 cards file got deleted in the formatting process?

Fucking lame if it is just 5 freeby real cards,
I wouldn't have ordered it if I knew that.

Simple. How many other PSO sites are there that steal info off of PSOW main page? Lots. Same thing going on here. One place translated it, others re-phrased the english so it wasnt completley obvious they did so.

Mr_Springate
Dec 1, 2003, 05:13 PM
Well, I don't know if I would have put it like that - but yes, it will be disappointing if I find that there is no data on the card.

I haven't yet formatted the card - so it isn't all over for me yet!

The PAPER cards that came with it though - are VERY nice.

Has anyone else got the memory card and can shed some light on the situation of it having data already on the card?

Mr_Springate
Dec 1, 2003, 05:19 PM
Well, in case anyone else reads this thread...

Does anyone out there have a JP machine with a JP Ep.3 and Hori Ep.3 memory card - if so, can they please tell us - does the Hori card come with data on it..

Thankyou. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Jack
Dec 1, 2003, 05:47 PM
I think if you use the Freeloader to boot a game, then insert the card, it'll read it fine. I know this works for my friend's copy of Mr Driller, which requires a Japanese formatted card to save.

AndyPandy
Dec 1, 2003, 07:50 PM
lol thats a bit of a downer...ah well I trust the card you get if you have had the Trial and actual in-game cards.

HairyGoat
Dec 1, 2003, 08:21 PM
Well even if there were data on the memory card, wouldn't it be erased once he formatted it? I am guessing you would only get the data if you had a japanese cube.

Sappharad
Dec 1, 2003, 09:07 PM
When you use a freeloader, it automaticly forces the game to save in your GC's local memory card format. (In most cases)
I know this was the case for the PSO Episode 3 Trial.

Meaning if the cards are there, the only way you'll be able to get to them is with a Japanese GC.

I noticed with the trial (my final isn't here yet) I first played it in US mode booting with the AR's freeloader feature. I bought the game it's own US memory card, and let the game save on it. This memory card was viewable in the GC BIOS, and worked fine every time I booted with the Freeloader. I switched my GC to Japanese mode, since I decided swapping disc's was pointless because my GC is modded, and tried to play the game. It wanted to format the card... It was in US mode.

So you're sort've out of luck without a Japanese GC, if there are cards on it.

AppieDPC
Dec 2, 2003, 06:59 AM
Woopsie double post
Delete button gone?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AppieDPC on 2003-12-02 04:02 ]</font>

AppieDPC
Dec 2, 2003, 07:00 AM
@Sashi
Yeah already figured something lame like that happened http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Well if all goes well I should have my Ep3, Ep1&2+ and Hori Memory Card today or tomorrow.
Why should you all care?
Well I have a JPN Cube. So wouldn't see any formatting shit what so ever. I will let you know once I get it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

(and man am I going to hate it if the 5 cards aren't data!)

Kyecsrai
Dec 2, 2003, 03:56 PM
On 2003-12-01 14:19, Mr_Springate wrote:
Well, in case anyone else reads this thread...

Does anyone out there have a JP machine with a JP Ep.3 and Hori Ep.3 memory card - if so, can they please tell us - does the Hori card come with data on it..

Thankyou. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I just got my JP 'cube and Hori memory card today. There isn't any data preloaded on the memory card. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Tevren
Dec 2, 2003, 04:08 PM
SOmething I wanted to ask earlier, but forgot (brain fart I guess).

Anyone else get a foil card in their Episode 3 or Hori mem card packs? The ONe I pulled is the one with the Love Rappy dropping a red box, and running off. Its all foil, and has a gold star in the lower left below the art.

I can try to snap a clean pic of it if its not common, but the foil may be hard to display right (especially with a flash).

Mr_Springate
Dec 2, 2003, 04:42 PM
WELL.. i didn't get that card. Would love to see it though!

Tevren
Dec 2, 2003, 04:52 PM
Alrighty, I'll try to get a clean pic tonight, and post it either tonight or in the morning.

Tevren
Dec 3, 2003, 09:43 AM
I took several shots of the foil card, and this is the best one of them all. Sadly, its still a little fuzzy, the foil and reflection from the light made it hard to focus properly. I'll try and get a better one, where the art and the star are at least better focused.

http://armadaweb.com/~tevren/pics/CARD/foilcard.JPG

-STE-
Dec 3, 2003, 11:14 AM
I have it too that card very nice ^ ^

Malkavian
Dec 3, 2003, 01:28 PM
I love the card with a hildeblue. That design of it owns.

LollipopLolita
Dec 3, 2003, 05:01 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/media.php