PDA

View Full Version : What is the deal with HuCasts?

50volts
Feb 19, 2001, 01:13 PM
Well, I've played a HuCast for a while now, and I must say it is my favorite character. I just was wondering what others think about this. I don't see all to many HuCasts online. I get mostly rangers and forces. I just want to know what people think of the HuCast class from a teammate's (is that like a dimate? hehe) perspective as well as a players. I mean when I'm in a party I smash through everything while everyone else sits back and 'throws fireballs' / 'shoots spreaders.' Also I am the "trap alarm" of the group.

Also as a side note, when you humans and newmans cast resta, if it is possible try to let us HuCasts in the area of affect. I go through my mates like water.... er with a HuCast i gues it's oil actually.

SuperSubZero
Feb 19, 2001, 01:18 PM
The lack of techniques I am sure turns people off. I'm sure as people play and get to L100 over time they may come back as a different character with different attributes, androids I'm sure will be in that cycle.

-SSZ

Naylor007
Feb 19, 2001, 03:59 PM
I agree with Super. My RAmar is level 70 and I decided to create a new character, only i didn't want to hang back and shoot, shoot, shoot, run for the door, shoot, shoot, shoot, run for the door. So I created a HUcast so I can be in the middle of the chaos whipping a**.

Mengy
Feb 19, 2001, 04:04 PM
I am the same way. My RAmar is now level 60, but I started a new HUcast the other day to show a friend how it works. After playing around with the HUcast for awhile, I decided to keep him. It really does play differently not having any techniques and being right up close to the baddies.

Evafan01
Feb 19, 2001, 04:06 PM
I'd never even consider playing a character without techniques. It's such a time waster to go and get 'mates, not to mention a money waster...I can do more dmg than a HuCast with my Shifta and my C.Bringer Rifle special attack anyway...never seen anyone do more than my all time high of 1170 dmg http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Spasm
Feb 19, 2001, 04:11 PM
I love my HUcast. Can't be poisoned, built in trap vision, the ungodly amounts of damage dealt. I beat hard mode with him at level 40. I just make sure to have plenty of sol atomizers, ALL the mates, and if I'm protecting that dumb@$$ Ash, tons of star atomizers.

Vanse
Feb 19, 2001, 04:13 PM
i have a lvl 70 Ramar and his heals reach more than halfway across a room. so i made my hucast over as a humar. i read up on the topic, humars attack and accuracy will almost even out with hucast by lvl 100 and being able to get 15-20 450hp heals out of one difluid really owns clicking dimates hehe. also, casting a quick attack and defense buff will bring your stats higher than a hucast of the same lvl. hucast does look really cool tho http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif but in the end, i am sure you will see the bonuses of being a Humar. hopefully Sega will work on balance more in the next pso.

BladeofDarkness
Feb 19, 2001, 04:13 PM
I'm a lvl 50 HUcast and couldn't be happier sure sometimes I wish I had resta and shifta but atleast I don't have to peck away at the enemies(*coughlikerangerscough*).

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: BladeofDarkness on 2001-02-19 13:14 ]</font>

ragnarok
Feb 19, 2001, 04:15 PM
Spasm thats pretty good, except I still love my RAmar. Sure he needs to carry around a the usual -mate but he has the ability to use techniques and all. He is great for everything besides the use of a sword and dagger and pole or cane.

Danderdag
Feb 19, 2001, 04:15 PM
HUcast 4 life!
EvaFan: Expensive? I waste ALOT less money than anyone else buying mates. Fluids cost more than mates do, mate.

RyoGeo
Feb 19, 2001, 04:18 PM
I was actually quite attracted to the androids due to the power they have, but I must admit, I sure like having my techniques as the female hunter. i fought thru' hard mines with two androids and was always sure to try and heal them as much as possible. Afater all, they were covering my a$$ due to their brute force, so I figured healing them was the least I could do.

The uynfortunate circumstance came up that the only Android left alive was out of moons' so when the boss died, the two of us deadie's had to "go back to Pioneer2" w/o our stuff (forgot to have android pick up). Not a big deal (not the best weapon anyway), but just a pain in that I missed out on exp that could have been gained with a partner that had techniques.

They sure do look cool tho'!

BladeofDarkness
Feb 19, 2001, 04:18 PM
On 2001-02-19 13:13, Vanse wrote:
i have a lvl 70 Ramar and his heals reach more than halfway across a room. so i made my hucast over as a humar. i read up on the topic, humars attack and accuracy will almost even out with hucast by lvl 100 and being able to get 15-20 450hp heals out of one difluid really owns clicking dimates hehe. also, casting a quick attack and defense buff will bring your stats higher than a hucast of the same lvl. hucast does look really cool tho http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif but in the end, i am sure you will see the bonuses of being a Humar. hopefully Sega will work on balance more in the next pso.

I've often thought of making a HUmar charater but he just seems too bland.

Zypher
Feb 19, 2001, 04:19 PM
I started out as a HUCast just cuz he looked cool http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Then I noticed that we coulden't be poisened...were the strongest...could see traps...and our MAGs for some reaso were fairely powerful (thats what I've seen)...

I will never stop being a HUcast as we are fairly rare and very powerful individuals.

As to being expensive...I disagree...the only thing I ever really buy are Dimates and some food for my MAGs...

-Zypher

Pilferr
Feb 19, 2001, 08:05 PM
I like fighting WITH androids but could never play one myself (well, maybe after i reach 100 on my HUmar). At level 78 with near 600hp and 550 tp i can keep everyone buffed with shifta/deband + heal, res, debuff boss and , when low, break out the double sabre to steal tp back, end result? never have to buy anything but scape dolls for dark falz and food for mags. Per game (starting in forest and ending at dark falz) i usually have to use ONE of my 10 trifluids, and that one is usually on 3rd form of dark falz. Slap on a trap/search and its all good.

On the flip side though androids do look very very cool. especially the big wide/tall ones that look like mechs, those are awesome.

Hopefully in PSO2 androids will get thier own sets of techs. that would be very cool. and maybe give humans/newmans thier own sets of techniques as well to get some individuality.

-Kareem

50volts
Feb 19, 2001, 08:58 PM
As a general response to all those talking about the expenses of a HUcast, I have 400,000 meseta in the bank.... I think i'll be good http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Utherpendrgn
Feb 19, 2001, 09:00 PM
I also love Hucasts. I started off with a Racast, and once I got to about level 16, I started over with a HuCast for some more exciting gameplay. My HuCast is now up to level 18, and I just got a pretty powerful Buster (for my level anyway). Since then, I haven't even touched my RaCast. I just think that HuCasts make the game more exciting. Instead of just hanging toward the back, you're right up in the heat of battle! Rock on!