PDA

View Full Version : To those who have emailed sega

AquaFlare7
Dec 4, 2003, 12:29 PM
After I emailed sega a rather lengthy email, I recieved a response that my email has been forwarded to sonic team directly for resolution. Has anyopne else had that happen or am I just getting my hopes up?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AquaFlare7 on 2003-12-04 09:32 ]</font>

Barubary6
Dec 4, 2003, 12:44 PM
What'd you send to them?

-- Barubary

ADE
Dec 4, 2003, 12:55 PM
I've had it happen.

ST never does anything.

I personally think they're racist, see that the complaint is from a USA user, and don't even read it.

HUnewearl_Meira
Dec 4, 2003, 12:56 PM
On 2003-12-04 09:55, ADE wrote:
I've had it happen.

ST never does anything.

I personally think they're racist, see that the complaint is from a USA user, and don't even read it.

I'd blame the fact that THEIR FIRST LANGUAGE IS JAPANESE, sooner than racism. Seriously... Something in English... They'd need an interpetter.

ADE
Dec 4, 2003, 01:02 PM
They should have some working for them. Sonic Team is a major developer of Sega, and Sega SHOULD have some interpretturs hired.

I shouldn't have to break down language barriers if I'm the one who's paying for the service. That's their damn problem.

rena-ko
Dec 4, 2003, 03:19 PM
On 2003-12-04 10:02, ADE wrote:
They should have some working for them. Sonic Team is a major developer of Sega, and Sega SHOULD have some interpretturs hired.

I shouldn't have to break down language barriers if I'm the one who's paying for the service. That's their damn problem.

sue them?
*shrugs*

Kupi
Dec 4, 2003, 03:48 PM
If they ignore the letter because they can't read it, then how did they ever come up with Word Select?

Please remove DOUBLE SAVE!
> Sonic Team

Alighieri
Dec 4, 2003, 03:54 PM
Or they really don`t give a damn...why do I have this feeling of being right?

KaFKa
Dec 4, 2003, 03:58 PM
you would need the entire online population of PSO to email ST before they even START to think about fixing something...

Alighieri
Dec 4, 2003, 04:27 PM
And I still remember the promo of PSO for Dreamcast - oh joy, those were THE times. All the excitement - this game was meant to be perfect (well it is but the developer is like "Distribute and forget").

zaffre
Dec 4, 2003, 08:52 PM
I dont know about racisism (it seems like it) but they are definately bias when it comes to their games. They get all the good games first (of course,goes without saying),but when it comes to US and EU players , we have to wait and wait and...(if we get them at all). And when it concerns PSO we all seen to get a raw deal. You know what I mean its all been said on these forums.

ilr2000
Dec 4, 2003, 09:14 PM
I doubt they'd need an interpreter to read English. Since the average Japanese PSO player knows English, I think a team of college degree computer programming geniuses picked up a little English themselves. I've read news posts about Naka being seen at US game shows talking with fans... He probably knows it well.

I think they're racist. Honestly, at every opportunity they've shown me time and time again that they are the most racist group of people on the face of the planet. I think it goes back to the fact that their population is seriously like 99.9% Japanese. And the other 0.1% is Korean or Chinese. Their country as a whole has never been challenged with diversity, so they've never had to learn how to cope.

Back in v2 when the only people doing C-mode were Japanese, I had to deal with their awful racism just to get my S-rank. Walking into a challenge mode game back then and sayind "Hello > Everyone" was like being a black guy walking into a southern bar in the 1950's. Most of the time they'd ask me to leave, saying they were waiting on a friend... even when there was another slot still open. Other experiences with their racism was when I joined a normal game. The moment I said "Hello > Everyone" the two people in the game piled into P2 and said "I have to go > Everyone". They didn't have to go, they just stood in front of the teleporter that lead back to the lobby. They stood there for five minutes just saying "I have to go > Ryoko" (that was me). I know the word select wasn't translated poorly.. I know they saw the Japanese equivelance of "I have to go", but I knew they were really just trying to get me to leave. I got so pissed that I waited them out. They "had to go" for like fifteen minutes... and eventually they did. No one ever joined the game after that. Even though it had a Japanese title from the original creator they probably saw the 'E' next to my name and moved along.

I'm tellin ya they're racist.

kaioshade
Dec 5, 2003, 09:30 PM
You know, that hurts. Being a Japanese person, it really hurts that you think that way about japanese people. Not every single japanese person hates american players.

Sure i have an e symbol next to my name, but you never know who is behind that e symbol.

Photek
Dec 5, 2003, 09:48 PM
most japanese people speak some english.

When i imported a Dreamcast mine came with English Instructions. My import dealer told me i had the Hong Kong Version or something and they made it because so many people speak english there.

i have found good japanese players while some are rude... think about how many rude US players there are.

If they do hold a grudge against US people i think it would possibly be because we instantly killed a quarter million of them. I know that was a long time but people dont forget stuff like that. On sept 11 about 3k-4k people died and look how big of a impact that was on our country.

i had a conversation with a friend recently. We were kinda joking about japanese people and the Phantasy STar online story line. Our theory is that japan has seen the horrors of war, and they want no part of it. basically they will do anything to avoid war. maybe they are planning on leaving this planet lol. like pioneer1 did. AVoid WWIII all together. cuz u konw its coming. heh that would be kinda fun. just eat bean paste and learn how to be a samuri in space.

=P

trypticon
Dec 5, 2003, 09:53 PM
Can you really blame them for not wanting to play with Americans? A great many Americans don't know how to play the game worth shit, while the majority of the Japanese players take their gaming very seriously. Theirs is a much different world than our own, and we are too close to the subject to make an unbiased judgement upon the situation. Face it, American players suck in comparison to the average Japanese player. Why would they waste their time on us?

ADE
Dec 5, 2003, 11:25 PM
If they do hold a grudge against US people i think it would possibly be because we instantly killed a quarter million of them. I know that was a long time but people dont forget stuff like that.
-----------------------------

We did that after 6 million Jewish people were killed by the Axis, and we did so to stop the world from falling under facist rule.

Don't open old wounds. You can't blame us for that becuase none of us WERE EVEN BORN THEN.

anwserman
Dec 5, 2003, 11:34 PM
Everyone is at fault.

If they didn't want you to play, then you should have started playing ANYWAY. Just go in there, start killing things, and ask for help or something. Something to show that you wanted to become a teammate of theirs. Anything.

Basically, they're at fault (the other people, not necessairly Asians) for stereotyping you, and you're at fault for stereotyping them. But perhaps they've had experiences that made them treat you the way they did, I don't know. It still is no excuse though, if I play with somebody new I give them the benefit of the doubt, unless they do something opposite or say something opposite from what they do (say they're legit with a duped mag and a J-Sword) or if they're an ass. but thats because I witnessed that person first hand.

Yeah, I steer clear from Apatite since thats where most of those people gather around - I try to avoid the pain of joining a game with 3 other cheaters - but I do go in Apatite when I'm desparate for a game and I wish myself luck.

Photek
Dec 5, 2003, 11:34 PM
dont take it so seriously what i said cuz i didnt.

like i said only the older generation would feel that way. it was along time ago.

you dont need to give me a history lesson there i know what took place. I look at like the Japanese made a deal with the devil and they paid dearly for it.

The Germans promised them securing some part of china for them or something which dragged japan into the war cuz that was a big deal to them.

I do not honestly believe though thats why japanese players dislike US players and more of the fact that there are so many cheaters, hackers, and flat out rude people. honestly when it comes down to it if you really want to see rascism in pso. Go to yours truly lobby antares 8 for the real meaning of the word HATE!