PDA

View Full Version : just an idea about saving

Black000Moon
Dec 4, 2003, 09:23 PM
Am i the only one to think this? I dunno I'm sure I posted this a few times sorry if this is annoying but I will do it again. Has anybody thought that it would be MUCH easier about forgeting about complaining about double saving? and INSTEAD complain that when you like acidentally hit reset or something while its saving (like first save) JUST go back to the previous save instead of losing all the data? I've played some games like this and they are alot more funner when u accidentally turn it off while its saving because you don't need to worry about all your 20 hours worth of playing going down the drain just because you (or maybe like your playing during a lighting storm your saving and the power goes out) turned off the game while your saving. I mean come on people this is alot better than telling them to fix that 'double save' feature. I know they have done it online but still......ST SHOULD DO THIS!

Superguppie
Dec 5, 2003, 03:27 AM
In case of online gameplay, going back to the previous save is a BIG dupe hole...

rena-ko
Dec 5, 2003, 09:10 AM
exactly. there is a reason for everything in pso. you might not like it but ST are no morons. maybe stuborn but no morons.

gallaugher
Dec 5, 2003, 10:37 AM
The only way they could eliminate this problem is by saving everytime you dropped or picked up an item. If they did this, they wouldn't have to eliminate the non-eqipped items when you exited improperly. But then everyone would complain that all the saving slowed down the game.

rena-ko
Dec 5, 2003, 10:43 AM
and this would also kill the flash roms sooner or later.

Black000Moon
Dec 16, 2003, 02:58 PM
*shoves it*

Hrith
Dec 16, 2003, 03:39 PM
On 2003-12-05 06:10, rena-ko wrote :
There is a reason for everything in PSO.
That doesn't mean it's a good one.

Maybe stuborn but no morons
*wonders*
Main attack button is the same as pick-up buttons, even a child wouldn't make that mistake, and they never fixed it...

badbitz
Dec 16, 2003, 08:20 PM
pso would suk if it saved after EVERY thing you picked up.

CGoodness
Dec 16, 2003, 09:31 PM
On 2003-12-16 17:20, badbitz wrote:
pso would suk if it saved after EVERY thing you picked up.

It wouldn't suck, it would just be incredibly annoying.

Blitzkommando
Dec 16, 2003, 09:34 PM
*wonders*
Main attack button is the same as pick-up buttons, even a child wouldn't make that mistake, and they never fixed it...

lol You and me both. Gets quite annoying make that dangerous to keep picking up items while trying to hit the enemies. Of course ST did run out of buttons to use...

Another thing is the Photon Blasts. Don't get me wrong I love them but I can't count the times it maxes when I use Resta or another Rafoie...

[back on topic]
That is also true having the save revert to the previous state would be an extremely easy way to dupe and could create more problems than good IMO. However I don't know if there is any way to remove FSOD, FSOD-X or Corruption. More often than not it is due to a in-game glich due to some error in the program or server. Or it is caused by the user. I have a friend that removed his card before it finished saving and he lost his only Ult. character and it was on his way over to play multi http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif. I was able to get him back up to level quickly though.

anwserman
Dec 18, 2003, 01:57 AM
It would have been nice if they would have 9 customizable buttons.... Normal, Right Trigger, Right/Left Trigger. If the right trigger was held and left trigger was then held in, the camera wouldn't have to adjust at all then.

Or if they used the "Click" feature on the GC controller... hold it in partially (the trigger) for 2nd menu, and the Click brings up the PB menu. Would work fine for the GC, but for the X-Box they'd probably have to use L/R trigger combo OR use the main joystick button... hold it down to trigger the PB menu.

Hmmmm... why didn't ST think of this? Oh yes, they were making Billy Hatcher. Nothing against the game, but PSO is way better.

Kasumi19
Dec 19, 2003, 06:08 PM
I play on the xbox, but I know people on the GC and I think the double save feature is a good thing. Sure some people are going to take advantage of it and dupe items. As I see it the people who want to dupe items are going to anyways whether it is there or not.

VioletSkye
Dec 19, 2003, 09:22 PM
On 2003-12-19 15:08, Kasumi19 wrote:
I play on the xbox, but I know people on the GC and I think the double save feature is a good thing. Sure some people are going to take advantage of it and dupe items. As I see it the people who want to dupe items are going to anyways whether it is there or not.

Please tell me you meant that you think the double save is a BAD thing and that you made a typo. If you truly think the double save is a good thing, you have no idea at all what the hell you're talking about.

I'm thinking you don't even understand what it is so I'll explain. Anytime you enter or leave a game online the game saves twice to the memory card in succession. It was originally intended to deter duping, however the method used to dupe that the double save tries to protect against is obsolete. Therefore the double save is completely useless and is the leading cause of corruption. It serves no real purpose other than to put peoples' characters in jeopardy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-12-19 18:30 ]</font>

Iceninja
Dec 20, 2003, 12:18 AM
*wonders*

If it's so annoying why don't you set your main attack to B or something?