PDA

View Full Version : Why I play PSO

OriginalLacan
Dec 7, 2003, 01:13 AM
I was running my new Hunewearl through hard mode ruins last night on my way to Vhard, warped into the final battle with Falz, and Bam! One hit kill with his aerial grants attack.

I figured "eh, maybe it was a fluke." warped back in, and same story...

I thought about quitting and just redoing the ruins in a few days after a few level ups, but instead I just entered the forest hoping that rounding off the last 3400exp until level up would be just enough to keep me afloat. First room, an Al Rappy appears and drops a Last survivor.

Happy with my 20HP boost, I kill the dragon, then jump back in to Falz's teleporter, and surprise, surprise. Killed again in one hit

Discouraged, I walk into the shops and sell some excess baggage. Just for the hell of it, I check out the armor shop, only to find a 4 slot grand armor with a 10 defense Vs. Holy.

I give the Falz fight one last try, and viola. the 10def vs. Holy allows me to survive his Grants with 5hp to spare. I knocked on his door a few times with my shiny new Last Survivor and sat back to enjoy the well earned epilogue credits.

It's nights like this that keep me playing PSO.

joluh
Dec 7, 2003, 01:26 AM
Same, and finding good stuff like Sorcerer's Right Arm ((C-Sorcerer's Cane)) after stop playing for like 2-3 weeks and the joy of playing with my beloved characters =D

KaFKa
Dec 7, 2003, 01:41 AM
...i still hate you, joluh...

yeah, the whole idea of not being able to survive a grants unless you get that ONE armor, or that ONE wep that helps you out, really makes me keep going x.x

i keep going because even though i can own it constantly, it still has its surprises and fun moments. one of those moments is when my girlfriend starts to play and i get to teach her... im gonna stop now...

FOnewearl0
Dec 7, 2003, 12:22 PM
Hoowah. I like the fact that at least offline you cant reenter a telepipe and face the boss with whatever HP you have left.. like in diablo II(my reference to everything since PSO has overcome it in many ways)if you set a "TP" (town portal) after taking out 3/4 of the boss's health, you can just run in, get your items back and take down the remaining 1/4th. I have only gotten to De Rol Le and died everytime, but the awesomeness of knowing that you spent like 2 hours getting there.. and then you get to do it all over again http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

DarkSoldier
Dec 7, 2003, 01:00 PM
Why did you take two quizes

Squeege
Dec 7, 2003, 03:55 PM
What I like is when I find really awesome rares or when I beat a boss thats been killing me.(i like that in all games)

CGoodness
Dec 7, 2003, 04:01 PM
ywea pso gets boring if your not finding rares... i was getting bored, really bored one time and bam red sword that i had been looking for for months! now i like playing again! lol

Pso-Fiend
Dec 7, 2003, 04:20 PM
I like to get heavely blunted and get on some pso. Usually hit the trees at my neighbors house and stroll over to my crib for some madden 2004 (Eagles!!!w00t w00t) or Pso 2 player split screen...Its cool cuz he helps to lvl 1 of my chars for me