PDA

View Full Version : GC: Some.. Newbish questions.

FOnewearl0
Dec 7, 2003, 09:31 AM
So... After Christmas ( im too cheap to have the money and sign up for online PSO now. ) I will have online PSO... And I was wondering if some everyday PSO players could answer my questions..

1.When me and a friend go adventuring, will we get our "own" Forest/Caves or will it be the same area for everyone on PSO?
2.When will I most likely get my first rare item?
3.Can anyone spare some FOrce stuff? (Disks, maybe one rare.. if you are generous http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif)
4.Ok, I read the "I have fallen from grace" article. Are the hackers really that repetitive?
5.How will I get the "Black screens of death?"
6.I want to get the "wing-like" MAG for my FOnewearl. Should I just keep raising its Dexterity?
7.Will I ever get like a level 100 to help me as I begin my level 7 Force?
8.Will I ever see PSOW members?
9.Are there many low levels around willing to team up?
10.Ok, so the BB Adapter goes in the bottom of the GC? Wouldnt that make my gamecube uneven?
11.So, my BB adapter outgoing line is just plugged into my LAN "LinkSys" Router?
12.How will Sega recognize my computer as a connection hooked to PSO?
13.Do I just have to type stuff in at the site for a hunters licsence or will I have to call them?

That should be it.. If you answer, thanks in advance.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FOnewearl0 on 2003-12-07 09:31 ]</font>

Mustashi2278
Dec 7, 2003, 09:49 AM
1. I dont know what u mean by that
2. Play on Hard or higher dificulty, getting a rare on normal is extremely rare.
3. Sure, most dupers like helping new people so they will be glad to help you.
4. Yes, but Hacked things are the folowing : lvl 1300 mags, red ring, and some crazy HU weps (i use red ring and some HU weps that MAY be hacked but il never use a lvl 1300 mag, there just plain evil...)
5. When the game freeze during a Save, i think chances are reduced when u use a BB conection.
6. Uh..... Ask a dupper to give u one (im not very good with mags)
7. Yes, hapens often
8. Yes, but only on Antares block 8.
9. Not alot but there are some
10. not at all
11. Yes but u need to buy a cable, not to expensive
12. i dont think so
13. Type stuff, like your name adress user name credit card number etc. U dont need to call.
I hope i helped you. Have fun online

LamerPanda
Dec 7, 2003, 11:16 AM
1. Yeah, what exactly do you mean by that? If you were thinking some MMORPG-ish area, it's not; it's just two parts with limited monsters, and only you and your friend will be in it.
2. Hard mode and beyond.
3. I have I don't know how many FO items that I am utterly sick of. Want STORM WAND: INDRA? ._.
4. *shrug*
5. Bad luck, mostly. Avoid playing in crowded ships and hope it never freezes during saving.
6. Which MAG? ^-^; I personally wouldn't want a FOne with a pile of DEX since any FO other than a melee one depends on techs.
7. You might. If you want help, I'd reccomend mentioning it in the game title.
8. You could, not just on Antares 8 since many of them play on other ships as well. I usually play on Altair 7 because it's less crowded.
9. Yes and no; the problem is that most of them used duped items and'll kill everything before you get a chance to. =/
10.Yes, it does, and no, it doesn't. There's a spot for it. ^-^
11. Yep! It works for me, at least.
12. Don't worry about it, just put it in the router and it should be alright. XD
13. You can register on the site, or through your GameCube.

FOnewearl0
Dec 7, 2003, 12:00 PM
Ok, thanks. What I mean by the first question.. When me and a friend make a team and select Forest or something, will there be other non-team members around? Or will we get our own personal Forest? Thats what I mean. And yes, I bet I will have fun online..

(Lv.1300 MAGs? WtF?!)

Oh and, the other question.. What I mean by lots of Dexterity-when you feed your MAG it factors DEX, STR, DEF, and MIND. I was looking at PSOW's feeding charts and it said Dex=the winged twin mags. That is all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FOnewearl0 on 2003-12-07 09:02 ]</font>

BullKathos
Dec 7, 2003, 01:53 PM
Ok, about question 1. when you play offline you know how you do the forest, then caves, then mines, then ruins? well if you have beaten the difficulty offline then the online places will be open. what i meen is if you beat hard mode forest, then online you will have hard mode caves open. forest is always open online. when you make a game up to 3 other people may join. The areas that go to will be YOUR areas. Its not like everquest where poeple are runnign all of the place. the only other people in those areas will be people from your teams. no NPC run around in the areas. You cannot select which area you wanna do when making a game. it depends on which areas you have beaten offline.

Ok, about the mag. There are lots of mags that have 2 pieces that look like *Wings*. do you meen the rare mags like angel wings or devil wings? If you do then you will need items called mag cells and those can only be found from holiday rappys... i dont feel like getting into it but i am sure you can find stuff on this website about it. If you have a force i would sugest trying to raise up mainly mind and defense. since you wont be doing any melee fighting. I am sure most of your questions will be answered once you get online for your first time. its a great expieriance and i hope you enjoy it. just stay away from the level 1300 mags.. they are the devil!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BullKathos on 2003-12-07 10:58 ]</font>

LamerPanda
Dec 7, 2003, 01:56 PM
Personal forest, just your team will be playing in it.

You might have to raise DEX to get the mag, but although the visual effect might be nice, it won't be very useful... ^-^; It'll do OK, I suppose, but you won't get the MST boost you would if you made a mostly Mind MAG or such, and most FO items require MST to use.

FOnewearl0
Dec 7, 2003, 03:49 PM
Ok.. Im replying again to ask another question(s).

1.When the freak will I get Gifoie? Listen here-I just played De Rol Le at level 10 with my FOnewearl. I had a level 3 Foie at my side and havent even seen a Rafoie/Gifoie disc. Ok, so, I have one Difluid, a level 3 resta, level 2 defense raiser(forget name http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)10 monofluids, 10 monomates, and 2 dimates. I land myself on the raft. Now, this is the first time I had gotten a GOOD FOrce to De Rol Le.(Level 14 FOmar didnt work out..) I got off his face segments, and his mask, all using Foie(did about 82 dmg per hit). I swear i got him down to like 100. See, it went like this-
1.I smacked off his face mask and shell segments with Foie. It took 5 monofluids and one Scape Doll(had two)
2.I continue to beat on him. Halfway after taking off his mask, I die after using 2 monofluids, all my monomates. So I was out of scape dolls. You see, I was grasping the couch cover at this point, cause i was so close and have never seen him at this point before. Then bam. Those stupid little spikes explode and kill me.
3.Frustrated, i threw my controller to the floor and started checking the shops.(I think I broke my micro controller.. so Wavebird it is!) I NEVER EVER NEVER see something stronger than a Lv. 3 Foie. Please tell me where I can find Gifoie! Before I break another controller!
4. *Note* when I was out of TP, i switched to a Saber. Whats this? I do ZERO damage with it.

So.. HELP. I just need a way to kill De Rol Le. I have Cave cleared and REALLY dont feel like going through it when it is filled.

Another thing.. I wear a Wand.. how can i get more MST on it.. Help. Thats all I can say.

LamerPanda
Dec 7, 2003, 05:48 PM
http://pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=790

Gifoie starts showing up in Caves or Mines.

For De Rol Le, the only thing you can really do is try to dodge him. Which spikes killed you, the 5 spikes or the 3 ones that surround you? If it's the 3 one, you're pretty much stuck if you do 0 damage with your saber and run out of TP. x_x Your best bet is to level, but yeah, I wouldn't want to go through Caves again either.

You can't really add MST onto a wand, the best you can do is a find a stronger wand.

FOnewearl0
Dec 7, 2003, 05:54 PM
Thats what i meant about the wand http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
Im playing right now.. I decided to grab an extra 300 meseta and do "The Value Of Money." Oops. Enemies back. At least before I destroyed the TP, I went thru the forest and killed the Dragon. Leveled once.. And then since it cleared I did a second forest/dragon round and some of Cave so I'm level 12 now. I have about 210 TP and DID get Gifoie. And Razonde. So.. I wont have that many questions.. I'll just be spending the rest of the night trying to level.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
Now my only problem is the fact that I dont have enough TP to cast a lot of Gifoie's. A bit more leveling and a slotted armor should work. (I got something like an Angel/Mind from the armor shop.)

But thanks for all your help so far.