PDA

View Full Version : Corruption/EXP Gaining

BullKathos
Dec 7, 2003, 02:42 PM
Well my level 54 was corrupted last thursday and i didnt know how to fix it so i just made a new char. It is a level 32 RAmar. Today while playing online someone told me that to fix corruption when it asks you to reformat your memory card you say no. Then you go to your memory card and delete the guild card file. Two people said this would work but i was not sure. I just wanted to clerify.

EXP GAINING: I am desperate to get to ultimate to find some good guns, Mainly the Yaaminkov series. (god i love them). so far a few generouse non dupers gave me a Bringers Rifle, and a Final Impact. What is the fastest and most easiest way to level up. I know ttf is good but i cant really do that cause i am doing like 150 damage with my Hard shot. The only way for me to do that is to leach with the final impact. Is there an easier way? if so plz post!!1 thanks in advance

noob-of-fury
Dec 7, 2003, 03:51 PM
lvl up... recobox trick. it's been posted before so look it up. really works.

darthsaber9x9
Dec 7, 2003, 04:25 PM
On 2003-12-07 11:42, BullKathos wrote:
Well my level 54 was corrupted last thursday and i didnt know how to fix it so i just made a new char. It is a level 32 RAmar. Today while playing online someone told me that to fix corruption when it asks you to reformat your memory card you say no. Then you go to your memory card and delete the guild card file. Two people said this would work but i was not sure. I just wanted to clerify.

EXP GAINING: I am desperate to get to ultimate to find some good guns, Mainly the Yaaminkov series. (god i love them). so far a few generouse non dupers gave me a Bringers Rifle, and a Final Impact. What is the fastest and most easiest way to level up. I know ttf is good but i cant really do that cause i am doing like 150 damage with my Hard shot. The only way for me to do that is to leach with the final impact. Is there an easier way? if so plz post!!1 thanks in advance

the best way to level up=kill things.

and seriosuly, do you personally know the person who gave u the bringers rifle? or did someone just claim it was legit...

anyhoo dont use recobox, it sorta is borign and takes the value out odf the game and i cant be btohered ot type anymore

chantez131313
Dec 7, 2003, 05:34 PM
On 2003-12-07 11:42, BullKathos wrote:

Well, according to another post, its false. But ive never been corrupted (yet) and hopefully i wont. Here, though, is a method thats supposed to work.

FSOD Corruption

Saving your characters is not impossible, I lost a few, and went around looking for info, some of the stuff I have posted elsewhere on this site, but I will repost my File Corruption Solutions....

Now as far as going online, yes you can lose items and character Data through FSOD, and disconnects on occassion. And also there may be times that you get booted off, only to log back in having the game tell you that you have a bad file and will have your items and challenge Data reset, in which you lose ALL ITEMS , ALL SPELLS, and all Material enhancements you have used.

And hte fact that people say that you should play on empty ships doesnt always save you from an FSOD, I have been on a completely empty block on an uninhabited ship and got frozen.. But the chances do increase if you go to full lobbies.

The Smartest thing to do is to make sure you bank all your weapons before going out to the online lobbies, since most FSOD's occur when going between lobbies, and hare very harmless, since all you lose are your unequiped items.

The Full FSOD has happened to me twice in the past 2 weeks, but I have found some ways around it, and you may want to cut and paste these two methods to get around it and save it on your computer as a text document so you don't have to go searching for it for when, not if it happens to you.

If you get the message that your memory card is corrupt or formatted for another region... do this.
(Disclaimer I got this method from these boards, I can't remember who posted it, but I thank them imensely because it saved my characters)

1. Take out the corrupt card and insert another card with PSO data on it.
2. Start an offline game all the way to the character select screen.
3. Remove the card..(do not select a character!!!!!)
4. When it says please insert memory card insert the corrupt file....Whallah your characters are healthy and alive.

I had this happen two days ago, and used this method..it does indeed work....

Also, another thing that may happen is that you get kicked off right as you are going into a game, when you log back on it tells you that your item data/ and challenge data will be initialized...
DO NOT HIT START AND ACCEPT it will clear out all of your items, and you will come back with a mag 500 mst 5 monomates and 5 monofluids.... instead

1.Pull out the memory card and hit reset (DO Not hit start to save the file
2.Make an offline multiplayer game with one of your other characters, if you don't have another character make one.
3. Transfer All items money etc. to the other character.
4. Log on with character that you just cleaned out the inventory and let it initialize the item/challenge data, you will lose whatever spells you have learned and all material enhancements, but it is better than losing all items money mags etc.
5. After char is initialized go back offline and transfer items back to character.. wha lah...not too much damage done...

Unlucky for me both of these methods were tested this last weekend when it happened to me, and like I said save this info for when...not if it happens to you especially if you are playing with a dial up connection.... I played this game for a year with none of it ever happening to me, but in the past month both have happend twice.

BullKathos
Dec 8, 2003, 06:49 PM
Well My RAmar was just corrupted again... full file corruption, it wont let me edit my memory card files and my memory card cannot be used with out reformating... About the Bringer, im guessing it was duped. from now on i am going total legit forever, not even using duped. its gunna be tough but i think i can make it! are there any legits out there that wanna play?

trunkszero
Dec 8, 2003, 07:14 PM
duped weapons have nothing to do with character corruptions at all, duped weapons are the exact same as the item its a copy of. you just probably........

a) have a bad connection
b) chose not to listen and got fsod in a crowded lobby

BullKathos
Dec 8, 2003, 07:38 PM
i was not in a lobby, i never stay in lobbys, i have a good connection. i was in a game and i was disconection when i withdrew a hacked item from my bank. I dont need your smart ass remarks, i just lost 2 characters to corruption in less then a week.

trunkszero
Dec 8, 2003, 08:06 PM
what smart ass remarks i'm giving you the facts, dupes and hacks do not corrupt characters, fsod happens random unless someone fsods you and yes its possible on gc and xbox

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: trunkszero on 2003-12-08 17:06 ]</font>

BullKathos
Dec 8, 2003, 08:16 PM
i wasnt fsod!!! i was disconected while pulling a hacked item out of my inventory and when it saved nuthing froze, it saved and when i tried to get back online it said i had to reformat my card. im doing nothing wrong but use hacked items so it must be it

trunkszero
Dec 8, 2003, 08:31 PM
then its connection trouble

VioletSkye
Dec 8, 2003, 08:42 PM
On 2003-12-08 17:16, BullKathos wrote:
i wasnt fsod!!! i was disconected while pulling a hacked item out of my inventory and when it saved nuthing froze, it saved and when i tried to get back online it said i had to reformat my card. im doing nothing wrong but use hacked items so it must be it

Although this has been addressed numerous times, many people still don't seem to understand it. Duped items contain the exact same code as the original item. The game CANNOT tell the difference between the two and it will treat both of them exactly the same. I forgot who mentioned this anology but its a good one....each time you drop an item, the game deletes the original file string in the inventory address and recreates it as a drop on the ground. So in essence, the game itself dupes items on a continous basis. Every time an item is dropped, banked, removed from the bank etc. it is destroyed and recreated at the new address location. With duping, there is a way to stop the game from deleting the item in the old location so when its recreated at the new location, you end up with two.

Again this will have NOTHING to do with FSOD or FSOD-X. It was bad timing and nothing more that caused your loss. Also it is true that deleting the guild card file from your memory card can sometimes save you from corruption. Its not guaranteed and won't always work, but its worth a shot. Sorry to hear about your char, that does suck http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-12-08 21:18 ]</font>

trunkszero
Dec 8, 2003, 09:14 PM
thankyou for clearing it up, now someone owes me an apology

briguy
Dec 15, 2003, 11:58 PM
im about to get pso online and hearing all this fsod stuff and losing characters is making me think of not playing online. im a legit player, 128 Humar, and i was looking forward to playing with other pso players. is getting a fsod a high risk???

VioletSkye
Dec 16, 2003, 12:08 AM
On 2003-12-15 20:58, briguy wrote:
im about to get pso online and hearing all this fsod stuff and losing characters is making me think of not playing online. im a legit player, 128 Humar, and i was looking forward to playing with other pso players. is getting a fsod a high risk???

You can help safe guard yourself against FSOD by using an official Nintendo memory card, staying away from crowded lobbies and remembering to bank your items before leaving a game. The rest is out of your hands. Chances are if you play alot you may occassionally get FSODed but if you banked your items then its not too horrible. As for corruption (FSODX- happens when the game freezes duing a save) I've personally never had it happen. If you are going to use a broadband connection, your chances of FSOD are significantly less than if you used dialup.

I can only speak for myself, but I am glad that I decided to go online. I've met some really great people and have had way more fun than just adventuring alone. I think you'll find its worth the risk http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-12-15 21:11 ]</font>

Superguppie
Dec 16, 2003, 03:30 AM
I think it's been established BullKathos did not corrupt by FSOD. Oddly noone has mentioned the other common cause of corruption: bad memory card.
PSO is uncanningly picky when it comes to it's memory cards. From what I've heard, only the Nintendo 59 is reliable. Also, saving other games on the same card can cause problems.
I hope this remark is of any help, and that BullKathos will never have to go through the loss of a char again.
@VioletSkye: I fail to see how an official Nintedo card can prevent FSOD. Plz clarify.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Superguppie on 2003-12-16 00:32 ]</font>

Outrider
Dec 16, 2003, 03:44 AM
As people have said before...

Official memory cards usually have a bit more money put into them, so they don't have to use things like compression techniques that third party cards will use.

Someone who knows much more about how they work than I do should be along shortly to give a full explanation.

OriginalLacan
Dec 16, 2003, 04:26 AM
My friend (the manager of a local bestbuy) and I recently had lunch with one of the regional Nintendo reps that was in town talking about the new zelda bundles. We got to talking about PSO and the memory cards, and according to him (and I cannot tell you how reliable he is)
he states that Nintendo brand memory cards in his experience are actually the inferior ones, and that Nintendo recieves numerous complaints over them. He reccomended one of the third party cards citing that they cost much less and in his experience have less problems.

food for thought. Use it as you will.

ElizaBluefull
Dec 16, 2003, 10:10 AM
It was said before that the Nintendo Memory Card 59 was reliable for preventing corruption. I am currently using a 251. Are my chances increased due to this? It's still an official Nintendo memcard. That is good news for me (concerning memcards), as I won't have to use 56k anymore come Christmas...

I just hope the 251 is as good as the 59 in preventing FSOD on a Broadband connection.

Superguppie
Dec 16, 2003, 10:19 AM
I have no experience with the 251. From what I've heard it is sometimes not recognized as formatted. PSO then asks to format it. I heard the remedy is to answer no, pull out the card and plug it back in. The data on it should be ok. But as said, I don't have any experience with it.

And where on earth did the idea come from that the memory card is involved in causing FSOD. The only relation I know of is that when FSOD occurs during a save, the data is corrupted.

Oh, and congratulations on the BroadBand thing. I hear it really is a lot better than 56K modem. On this I also have little experience, as I never had a 56K modem. It's been broadband from the start for me. And no FSOD for months...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Superguppie on 2003-12-16 07:23 ]</font>

Blitzkommando
Dec 16, 2003, 04:05 PM
Well about the 59 vs. 251 thing. I have multiple of both with PSO data and have, with my experience anyway, had many more problems with the 59's than the 251's... This may just be my luck but my 3 corruptions that have happened have all occurred on seperate 59 cards.

I am in no way saying that either is better or worse but I felt this might help. Anyway a 251 is only $5 more than a 59 (and I can't seem to find 59's anymore). Just for thought. But if I am correct the 59 and 251 both use the same technology so the only difference is memory size. (please correct me if I am wrong)

EDIT- Oh and I have never had a unrecognizeable file error with any of the cards. That's a new one on me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BLITZKOMMANDO on 2003-12-16 13:07 ]</font>

ILLI
Dec 17, 2003, 01:10 PM
I have 3 types of cards.. the 59, 251, and usb...

guess which one i have corrupted all 4 times on..

the 59!

blah

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Jazhara
Dec 18, 2003, 09:50 AM
But if I am correct the 59 and 251 both use the same technology so the only difference is memory size. (please correct me if I am wrong)

Compressed vs. Uncompressed memory - big difference. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

rena-ko
Dec 18, 2003, 10:01 AM
youre sure its compressed? imho the difference from multiplying with 4 is due to header files etc.

then, i use both. 59er for cmode and offline banker charas. 251er for my main chara (2x each of them).

i'll buy a 251er for ep3 next yeah simply due to the fact that i'll squeeze ep3, ep1-2 (more cmode charas i think), a snapshot file and possibly download files onto them.

am i concerned? no. not really. should there happen something, well, i'll start anew. usually starting anew gives the chance to improve... at least this is what i learned from my long time handling with windows and pcs alltogether.

Jazhara
Dec 19, 2003, 08:26 AM
On 2003-12-18 07:01, rena-ko wrote:
youre sure its compressed?

Not 100%, nope. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Most of the corruption problems people have with memory cards are due to memory compression.

I *think* the 251 uses good quality compressed memory, but I could well be wrong. Will try and find a programmer to ask later.