PDA

View Full Version : It pays to be nice!! :)

Flint
Dec 9, 2003, 05:52 PM
I've decided it definitely pays to be nice! I was online about two weeks ago and i was helping some guys i met to raise some lower level characters. So i finally got to go back online last night and happened to meet up with them again (forgot to give guild cards first time) and they remembered me and gave me lots of cool stuff! (god/mind, chain sawd, LOTS of power and HP materials, magic rock "moola" and some other cool stuff)!!

So thats my new PSO moto, "Be nice!"; you never know what you'll get in return! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

KaFKa
Dec 9, 2003, 05:57 PM
uh, yeah...
being nice is cool and all, but most of the time you never see them again.
and on the items...
*coughdupecough*

CGoodness
Dec 9, 2003, 06:00 PM
Same here. I went online once and used my level 121 character in a normal game to help some level 2 or 3 guys beat dark falz. (I just blazed thru the ruins while they chilled on P2) Then I took out falz after letting them hit him and they each grw like 8 levels. I got their guild cards and later they gave me some fantabulous duped and hacked items. *cringe*

but there was some good stuff like a bunch of hacked level 200 mags and a tsumikiri j sword

OriginalLacan
Dec 9, 2003, 06:13 PM
screw helping the low level players. All you ever get out of it is grief.

Anubis_
Dec 9, 2003, 06:44 PM
Take it from a Nice Guy..

It doesnt pay to be nice.. If you spend your entire life being nice to people.. the only things it gets you is a reputation as a soft old lame-wadd thats to femannine for his own good..

Dont get me wrong, Im all for being the nice person that I am.. Im just saying that if you wanna be a nice guy.. Dont be one because you think it will get you free stuff,, be one because its the right thing to do..

ShadowFOrce
Dec 9, 2003, 07:33 PM
Awwwwwwww thats so cute!!!!!!!

joluh
Dec 9, 2003, 08:07 PM
Hummm i can be uber nice or uber cruel =D, it depends on the person, i'm like a mirror you know, but 90% of the time me is nice =) me is really social, so you see, i couldn't be social being bad X_x' i guess it's my nature...

Also your PSO MOTO or not sure how you called, works for real life if you didn't knew ^.^

And btw probabbly duped items =)

Ketchup345
Dec 9, 2003, 08:18 PM
On 2003-12-09 14:57, KaFKa wrote:
uh, yeah...
being nice is cool and all, but most of the time you never see them again.
and on the items...
*coughdupecough*

Not all of it may be duped. Skyly finds HP and POW mats most often, and also, if you play enough Caves (lloking for a Red Sword), Chainsawds start to get annoying (from what I hear, many find several Chainsawds before even one Red Sword). Also, Redria gets a very easy Magic Rock: Moola, Very Hard Poison Lillies in Caves. I have found 3 offline by accident. Plus, Purplenum and Pinkal can pipe God/Minds from Very Hard Cave Nar Lillies. So all of the above can be found easily legitly.

EvilNixon666
Dec 10, 2003, 12:30 AM
I would have to agree that being nice sometimes works out.

I love to level with others when I use my low level characters. It lets me see how they interact as a team, and if they are generally good players. If they are cool, then I'll drop them my card. Then I'll get my high level guys and hook them up with stuff I've found. I have some great stuff in my bank that I periodically get rid of just because I need the space (and I have no plans to make any new characters). I've made many good friends this way.

Superguppie
Dec 10, 2003, 03:17 AM
Same here. Some of my best PSO friends I met helping out. Not only the ones being helped out turned into friend, also the ones also being nice...
True, most ppl you never see again, and many just turn into beggars. But the friends I made this way make it worth it.

RFB
Dec 10, 2003, 04:05 AM
Being nice is not always worth it... I'll never forget the happenings of a dark night (A light night would be something to be worried about) while there were still only V1 in the world...

I was a lvl 79 FOmarl, Motoko<Dd>. I entered a game in Iapetus 16, the Spanish block. I had the GS turned on, and I decided to go help some ppl lvl up. So, I entered a game where there were 2 players, and started to help them go trough caves hard. They were like lvl 22. In a concret moment, a 4th player joins. A damn PKer. He kills us all and steals our weaps, and then, he provockes a FSOD. I didnt worry much about myself, I always had copies of my equipment in bank, but I was worried about the other 2. I politely looked for them, and told them that I could remake their weapons (they were dupe-users), and you know how they answered me? They told me they didnt want my help, and they started insulting me...

Being nice is not always worth it, specially if you're being nice to a dumbass.

Flint
Dec 10, 2003, 05:21 AM
On 2003-12-10 00:17, Superguppie wrote:
Same here. Some of my best PSO friends I met helping out. Not only the ones being helped out turned into friend, also the ones also being nice...
True, most ppl you never see again, and many just turn into beggars. But the friends I made this way make it worth it.

Thats what i'm talking about! Same hear, i frequently play with these guys now and it's great fun!

BTW, i know the items weren't duped cos like me they are legit players... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Zalana
Dec 10, 2003, 07:15 AM
You can always be rewarded for good work. All got to say in this instance is that you got the good end of the stick. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

rena-ko
Dec 10, 2003, 10:01 AM
if you are nice just because you think it pays off in any way besides you feeling good just from the action, then you are a moron.

about the items. i couldnt care less about presents, esp when they stink like dupes.

Superguppie
Dec 10, 2003, 10:10 AM
On 2003-12-10 07:01, rena-ko wrote:
if you are nice just because you think it pays off in any way besides you feeling good just from the action, then you are a moron.

about the items. i couldnt care less about presents, esp when they stink like dupes.

Being nice for the pay is probably not worth it, as you may have to wait quite a while before it does. But if you're nice in PSO because you're nice IRL, and you can stand the wait, it does pay off...
And the stuff I hand out is NEVER duped. It's mostly excess useless stuff I found while hunting useful stuff...

EvilNixon666
Dec 10, 2003, 11:56 AM

I don't think that was the intent of anyone who posted. I am usually nice because I would like people to treat me the same way. It "paid off" for me when I made new friends on PSO. If that's considered greedy or self-serving, then I'm sorry.