PDA

View Full Version : Bugged Bugs

IceBurner
Dec 10, 2003, 04:20 PM
Ever notice that sometimes, Grass Assassins in the Caves just seem to get stuck? They lurch forward as if they're about to move, then inexplicably reset themselves, over and over and over and over, ad infinitum.

This phenomenon actually seems quite common in Caves. This may also happen in the temple, but if so it's far more rare. I don't believe I personally have ever seen it there. Whatmore, if one Assassin on that particular level of the caves does this, you can expect all of them to.

I'm looking for some sort of possible explaination. Why do [i]all[/] the Assassins on the stage get stuck in the same infinite loop? Why doesn't attacking them break them out of it? Is there anyone with some insight or knowledge into the enemy "AI" routines who might be able to shed some light?

MaxBuster
Dec 10, 2003, 04:52 PM
They just get stuck sometimes when trying to charge you down. The invisible curb prevents them from doing a sharp turn, thus saving your behind.

Delsaber
Dec 10, 2003, 04:55 PM
I, too, have witnessed Crimson Assassins and Grass Assassins getting stuck in place. They can still freeze/hold you though.

badbitz
Dec 10, 2003, 05:08 PM
[b]uhhuh

anwserman
Dec 10, 2003, 07:21 PM
Same thing really happens to Gibbles in East Tower (X-Box doesn't have West Tower yet) where he gets stuck to a wall... save so I can mechgun his ass. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

KaFKa
Dec 10, 2003, 07:47 PM
i've seen what hes talking about. they just stand there and tweak out until you bring down the hurt and they either

a) die

b) get moved from their origonal position by a charge attack, then they act normally.

...from my experiances

LamerPanda
Dec 10, 2003, 08:30 PM
I've seen it too, and I take advantage of it. It's really useful in East Tower, since on some ledges monsters will be stuck either literally or simply unable to reach you (Ill Gill doesn't get stuck in a jumping loop like Gibbles, but usually doesn't walk around the ledge).

JohanCC
Dec 10, 2003, 10:59 PM
Yes, I've also seen this on grass/crimson assasians and on a hildebear once where it kept jumping in place... o_O

RFB
Dec 11, 2003, 02:51 AM
Ahh, I've seen many hildebears act like that, eventually I provoke it, if I know that the hilde can kick my ass. The thing is, the hilde is trying to jump to you, but in the middle, there is a zone trough which neither you or the hilde can go trough. Specially useful if you have zonde or a weap that produces zonde, and you can aim it.

BTW, the ledges in towers have also saved my life many many many times.

rena-ko
Dec 11, 2003, 06:45 AM
grateful i am that the tower is rounded.

only sinows are capable of jumping everywhere they want. they must have used a different jump function there.

IceBurner
Dec 11, 2003, 02:33 PM
Yes, I've seen hildebears keep jumping up and back down like idiots. I've done many a Forest of Sorrow run looking for another God/Battle with my not-entirely-up-to-the-task L90 Redria RAmarl ^^

Yesterday I managed to observe some pretty goofy behavioural anomalies involving Canadines & Cananes. While I don't know exactly how to cause it, using confuse traps works wonders.

At one point I had about half a ring flying circles around me, flitting back and forth madly all at the same distance, and none would attack! The other half of the ring stayed put, despite being within "activation" range. Unmoving from that spot, I was able to attack with a pistol and destroy several of the circling canadines without retaliation. This continued until I destroyed a stationary canadine. The Canane then screeched out its orders & the stationary Canadines joined the fray in gizonde attack mode.

I've also seen enemies go "DOOM" on each other. (If anyone here has ever played DOOM, you'd probably know that the single most effective non-direct tactic in the game was to get enemies to miss you & hit another enemy. Anyone involved would end up single-mindedly beating the snot out of each other until there was just one left.) Well, occasionally, in PSO enemies will continue to beat on each other even after a confuse trap has expired. I've also seen enemies accidentally hit each other through a rare coincidence of placement & timing, too bad it doesn't confuse the attacked :/

anwserman
Dec 12, 2003, 01:45 AM
Well, this was caused mostly by lag but a lone rappy didn't get my updated position on the servers... and it walked towards an empty spot in the forest and started pecking the air.

Then, from a distance that wouldn't provoke the Wild Rappy, I blasted it with a gun... and it started to sway back and forth. Awww. I then continued firing the gun at him once I got bored of his carefree swaying.

Barubary6
Dec 12, 2003, 03:44 AM
PSO is one of the buggiest games I know. Only Bible Adventures has more. >_<

-- Barubary

Hrith
Dec 12, 2003, 07:33 AM
There's actually a game that has more ???? gotta see it !