PDA

View Full Version : Happy Cigarettes ......

Firocket1690
Dec 10, 2003, 06:30 PM
...... is overused

Out of the 285037694762945 words in the english vocabulary, people have to call stuff happy. Why?
Is it that hard to pronounce another syllable ?!

"OMG you saw [insert movie here] ?!, that was sooooo happppyyyy !!!11"

PSO: "HEY !! YOU HAPPY CIGARETTE !! I SAW THAT RARE FIRST !!"

PSO2: "OMG !! [insert name here] IS SUCH A HAPPY CIGARETTE !!"

Oh jeebus, find another effin' adjective !!
It's rather funny when you think about it and replace the words with their actual meanings ...

P.S. for those who might not know...
gay = happy
fag = cigarette

LamerPanda
Dec 10, 2003, 06:44 PM
Technically, since the slang has been picked up, it's becoming the actual meaning. Words aren't static.

It is irritating, though, since the adjectives are so often used to describe things that they really make no sense with. They shouldn't be degrading anyway.

There's a girl in my school that uses it as an insult all the time (along with "retard"), which bothers me to no end. I'd smack her one, but I'd get in trouble for it, whereas she doesn't get in trouble for her language. Great.

CGoodness
Dec 10, 2003, 08:21 PM
Yea.. I hate that. This girl in my Introduction to Business Applications class says "retarded" all the time without taking into consideration that our teacher has a mentally disabled kid!

I swear... if she does it again and I have to see that look on my teachers face....

Solstis
Dec 10, 2003, 08:33 PM
"Cigarettes" is new to me, but I guess it wasn't long in coming.

replacing "drat" for "tard" is beginning, so watch out.

LamerPanda
Dec 10, 2003, 08:59 PM
Pretty sure "fag" is British slang for cigarette, not particularly new.

I'm in the US though, so don't quote me on that. ^-^;

Bradicus
Dec 10, 2003, 09:55 PM
On 2003-12-10 17:33, Solstis wrote:
replacing "drat" for "tard" is beginning, so watch out.

You think that is bad? The young "poser" crowd in my area has taken to calling people things like "cheese" "dirt" "goose" and the ever so retro "goof"...
ex.
"Aw dawg, you're such a cheese"
"Fuck you, ya dirt!"
As if the thumb-thick gold chains (purchased by their parents) were not bad enough!

KaFKa
Dec 10, 2003, 10:45 PM
so pathetic

Solstis
Dec 10, 2003, 10:55 PM
That hurt me just reading it... so... terrible!

Dang dirts.

polishedweasel
Dec 10, 2003, 11:14 PM
This is funny stuff... not. :

anwserman
Dec 11, 2003, 12:51 AM
On 2003-12-10 17:21, CGoodness wrote:
Yea.. I hate that. This girl in my Introduction to Business Applications class says "retarded" all the time without taking into consideration that our teacher has a mentally disabled kid!

I swear... if she does it again and I have to see that look on my teachers face....

Thats when you sit there, yell at her infront of the whole class and say "Mature up a little bit and get out of using elementry grammar, because there are people in this world that are mentally handicapped and there are people who take offense to your immature selection of words!" Or something similar.

another one could be "And you eat with that mouth?" or possibly "You obviously don't realize how many people you offend by using that word in such a derrogatory way."

Dime
Dec 11, 2003, 01:31 AM
This is not a good thread. Sorry.

Eihwaz
Dec 11, 2003, 02:15 AM
On 2003-12-10 21:51, anwserman wrote:

Thats when you sit there, yell at her infront of the whole class and say "Mature up a little bit and get out of using elementry grammar, because there are people in this world that are mentally handicapped and there are people who take offense to your immature selection of words!" Or something similar.

another one could be "And you eat with that mouth?" or possibly "You obviously don't realize how many people you offend by using that word in such a derrogatory way."

Yes, yes, just becuase you don't like something, you shouldn't call it "gay" or w/e...Although I'm not gay, and I don't exactly see eye to eye with homosexuals, you shouldn't use a slur of their name as a general negative adjective. Think of something witty and clever to say.

OFF TOPIC ALERT!: Answerman, your new sig is quit awesome! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif What level are these chars?

starhealer
Dec 11, 2003, 10:14 AM

About five years ago, some seventh graders were at my high school for a band performance. I went into the band room to make sure they were getting ready and when I told them they needed to get on stage one of them said something along the lines of "Whatever, retard."

Well, my band director was in his office at the time and heard the kid. He himself has a mentally handicapped son (who is just the sweetest thing ever) and he came out of his office in a rage, yelling at the kid and telling him that there are some people in this world that aren't as lucky as he is and have mental handicaps and that the next time he decides to open his mouth he should make sure he knows just what the hell it is he's saying. The kid just blanched and stumbled around an apology, then darted out of the room.

I don't think he talked for the rest of the concert.

Kizaragu
Dec 11, 2003, 02:25 PM
On 2003-12-10 17:59, LamerPanda wrote:
Pretty sure "fag" is British slang for cigarette, not particularly new.

I'm in the US though, so don't quote me on that. ^-^;

Yes you're quite right. It means both.

Wewt
Dec 11, 2003, 02:34 PM
Yeah, fag is a cigarette here, so it's not offensive to hardly anybody here. As for 'gay', I don't see what's so bad about it. I've used the term in the wrong way before around gay people, and they weren't even bothered. Obviously, it offends some people, but I guess it probably only offends those that are insecure over their sexuality.

'Sucks' is about as stupid a word to use in a sentence as 'gay' is.

Black000Moon
Dec 11, 2003, 04:06 PM
yea sometimes people call each other whores i mean damn whats so bad about being one?......

Midorian
Dec 11, 2003, 05:12 PM
What's so bad...?
whore ( P ) Pronunciation Key (hôr, hr)
n.
A prostitute.
A person considered sexually promiscuous.
A person considered as having compromised principles for personal gain.

The defintion says it all... Why would you see your body anyways? Alot of guys who pay whores for sex pass STDs to them, then the whore passes it to someone else, and so on and so on...

Gee! Silly me, they really are great, them whores! They make the world a better place! >_>

dark_agenda
Dec 11, 2003, 06:23 PM
On 2003-12-11 07:14, starhealer wrote:

About five years ago, some seventh graders were at my high school for a band performance. I went into the band room to make sure they were getting ready and when I told them they needed to get on stage one of them said something along the lines of "Whatever, retard."

Well, my band director was in his office at the time and heard the kid. He himself has a mentally handicapped son (who is just the sweetest thing ever) and he came out of his office in a rage, yelling at the kid and telling him that there are some people in this world that aren't as lucky as he is and have mental handicaps and that the next time he decides to open his mouth he should make sure he knows just what the hell it is he's saying. The kid just blanched and stumbled around an apology, then darted out of the room.

I don't think he talked for the rest of the concert.

I was in band for seven years, and, for those of you who have not had the pleasure of being in a musical ensemble, you would not BELIEVE the immaturity of some of those people. It was quite funny though, my last summer of marching band the seniors were allowed to put the freshman through initiations. This typically involves doing something to make them realize just how immature they appear to others. A few friends and I decided that it would be very fitting to make them wear diapers (depends, actually) and march them around the college campus we were having our band camp at... it was great.

anwserman
Dec 11, 2003, 07:29 PM
OFF TOPIC ALERT!: Answerman, your new sig is quit awesome! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif What level are these chars?

Mitch is 26.
Kelli is 126.
Margarita is 108.

Yeah, I had my X-Box hooked up to my PC when I was recording my Olga Flow fight, so I decided to take those pictures.

Note: Margarita's Red Sword is legit, found in Caves with the Redria ID... I forgot the enemy name but from what I've heard it was a VERY lucky drop! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

EDIT: To make this post ontopic again, people who use words in a negative meaning (and those words pertain to a whole group of people) are really stupid.

I'm glad that kid got yelled at from the band instructor!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: anwserman on 2003-12-11 16:31 ]</font>

AUTO_
Dec 11, 2003, 07:50 PM
On 2003-12-11 16:29, anwserman wrote:
people who use words in a negative meaning (and those words pertain to a whole group of people) are really stupid.

As long as everyone is polishing their halo's in this thread, I thought I should mention this.

Maybe you should use better word choice, because saying stupid might be offensive to stupid people who have really kind hearts *tosses glitter around his chair*.

How is saying someone or a group of people is stupid any more right then me calling (an actual gay person) a fag?

Sure, fag is offensive (to some)...but isn't stupid offensive to some people? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Be careful that when you or someone else responds on this thread that you don't say anything mean or possibly offensive to any group of people or individuals--or anything that might make you look bad on this forum.

*waxes halo*

dark_agenda
Dec 11, 2003, 08:06 PM
my my, what a shiny halo you have! I'm truly jealous, mine broke in two....

AUTO_
Dec 11, 2003, 08:18 PM
I'll sell it for ... 4billunz mesetaz? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

ABDUR101
Dec 11, 2003, 08:50 PM
Using stupid in that context is fine though, because they are doing something stupid and ignorant by taking a word and giving it a derogatory meaning.

Mmmmkay.

Solstis
Dec 11, 2003, 08:50 PM
I'll give you a lanconium pot for it (lanconium pot? just give me the stupid talking cat already!)

Anyway, what a stupid dumb ignorant, dangit! Erm, deficient in intelligence post that was about the halos.

anwserman
Dec 11, 2003, 09:32 PM
On 2003-12-11 16:50, AUTO_ wrote:

people who use words in a negative meaning (and those words pertain to a whole group of people) are really stupid.

As long as everyone is polishing their halo's in this thread, I thought I should mention this.

Maybe you should use better word choice, because saying stupid might be offensive to stupid people who have really kind hearts *tosses glitter around his chair*.

How is saying someone or a group of people is stupid any more right then me calling (an actual gay person) a fag?

Sure, fag is offensive (to some)...but isn't stupid offensive to some people? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Be careful that when you or someone else responds on this thread that you don't say anything mean or possibly offensive to any group of people or individuals--or anything that might make you look bad on this forum.

*waxes halo*

I'm not going to touch that with a 10 foot pole. Mmmmkay? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif hahahahahahahaha

Monomate
Dec 11, 2003, 09:59 PM
here's a new plan...call everyone fuckers...that's a word with a derogatory meaning already, so you nail the ass you were aiming for without screwing over any other peoples...gay, stupid, or mentally handicapped or otherwise...

Bradicus
Dec 11, 2003, 10:19 PM
And yet sadly, where would comedy be without political incorrectness?

Comedian- "OMG, insert group of people here are so average!"
Audiance- "HOW AVERAGE ARE THEY?"
Comedian- "they are so average, that they desserve equal rights and respect given to all other productive members of society!"

A world of punchlines without any punch http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

Eihwaz
Dec 12, 2003, 02:20 AM

Mitch is 26.
Kelli is 126.
Margarita is 108.

Yeah, I had my X-Box hooked up to my PC when I was recording my Olga Flow fight, so I decided to take those pictures.

Note: Margarita's Red Sword is legit, found in Caves with the Redria ID... I forgot the enemy name but from what I've heard it was a VERY lucky drop! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

EDIT: To make this post ontopic again, people who use words in a negative meaning (and those words pertain to a whole group of people) are really stupid.

I'm glad that kid got yelled at from the band instructor!

OFF TOPIC: Heh, I figured Mitch was pretty low level. Are those Blades I see he has equipped? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Oh, and yes, the Redria Red Sword drop is pretty tricky. I want a Red Sword...*pouts* Oh well, with a Skyly and Redria Char, I'll find plenty of them. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

BACK ON TOPIC: Ouch. That must have been incredibly embarrasing. Of course, he was stupid for saying like that around a teacher, sheesh. But, around people whose personal life you don't know much about, you shouldn't mention the terms "retard" or "fag", you may end up hurting their feelings.

AUTO_
Dec 13, 2003, 08:39 PM
On 2003-12-11 17:50, ABDUR101 wrote:
Using stupid in that context is fine though, because they are doing something stupid and ignorant by taking a word and giving it a derogatory meaning.

Mmmmkay.

I see. So if a person really is "dumb" and slow-witted I can calmly call them 'stupid' because I'm just stating the truth; so they'll know I didn't mean to call them stupid in a derogatory manner.

Atleast you're fighting a wrong with a wrong.

That's the best combo.

ABDUR101
Dec 13, 2003, 09:43 PM
On 2003-12-13 17:39, AUTO_ wrote:
I see. So if a person really is "dumb" and slow-witted I can calmly call them 'stupid' because I'm just stating the truth; so they'll know I didn't mean to call them stupid in a derogatory manner.

Atleast you're fighting a wrong with a wrong.

That's the best combo.

No, you have the right idea, but you're merely taking it to an extreme. There are fine lines when it comes to word usage in public.

opaopajr
Dec 15, 2003, 07:44 AM
"I like glitter!" *scoops it up and tosses it around my chair as well*
"OMG how eff-ing happy cigarette! tee hee hee!" *crumples slightly in a most effeminate way*
"wanna wax my halo?" http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

monkeyfist
Dec 15, 2003, 07:54 PM
the slang flying around my school is

"gross"
and "sick"

context: you gross player. you sick player.

people who have to call somebody gay as an insult need to so to a insult school or something. i know people who go "that is so gay" and i ask them if they are homophobic because they are using it in a bad way. it shuts them up

Solstis
Dec 15, 2003, 08:46 PM
Insult school would be fun. Monty Python 101 would be a required course.

monkeyfist
Dec 16, 2003, 07:03 PM
yeah, and they'd have to learn the "FUNNIEST JOKE EVER" it's in german, but it won WWII

KaFKa
Dec 16, 2003, 07:08 PM
On 2003-12-15 17:46, Solstis wrote:
Insult school would be fun. Monty Python 101 would be a required course.

i would go back to school for that class...

Solstis
Dec 16, 2003, 07:32 PM
Imagine how tough it would be to translate the funniest joke again.

Bradicus
Dec 16, 2003, 09:57 PM
the following is an actual conversation i had with... lets just call him "fool".

Me- hello fool, how are you?
fool- i didnt do my homework for health class... it had a cross section of a wang.
Me- Isn't that a bit ridiculous? Are you afraid you're homosexual or something?
fool- no way, homosexuals are gay!

>_>
<_<
idiot...

monkeyfist
Dec 17, 2003, 05:35 PM
what makes me mad is queer eye for the stright guy.

they're just pushing stereotypes. like always dressing "flamboyantly" and the even gave a guy a standing ovation for having 10 conditioners and a daily cleanser.

i bet they're not even gay. they're probably crab people. (lol south park)

AUTO_
Dec 17, 2003, 06:13 PM
On 2003-12-17 14:35, monkeyfist wrote:
i bet they're not even gay. they're probably crab people. (lol south park)

Crabbb pee-pel...Craabbb pee-pel...Taste like Crabbb--craab pee-pel..

On Topic:

The slang at my school has been:

If something is cool "That's tits".

"Cock Spangler"

"Dumb, Fat kid" <----- everyone in school now is a "fat, dumb kid."

soccerdudegy
Dec 18, 2003, 05:16 PM
A long time ago, faggot(the abbreviated form of fag incase someone somehow didn't know this) meant a bundle of sticks. this term is used in the Two Towers by j.r.r. tolkien. I agree, while I do not necessarily agree with homosexual people or their morals and/or beliefs, it is not right to go and over use the term jut because of it. I think the reason for this is because they are the minority. If they were not, you would hear them going around saying "damn, this is such a straight movie" or something. It should be said here that the minority will always be the victim of the majorities slanderous remarks and such.

don't quote me on this if you do not agree and are just going to be mad about it and go off on me...that does happen