PDA

View Full Version : Multi-player question

trunkszero
Dec 15, 2003, 12:05 AM
ok now i know how it works online. you know, the rares are based on the person who started up the game, now does that also count for it offline

VioletSkye
Dec 15, 2003, 12:08 AM
Same offline. The hosts ID controls the rares, ie. player 1

PS2_Master0
Dec 15, 2003, 07:13 AM
Actually, I dont think thats all true. I was first player, playing with my friend. His REDRIA finds monogrinders, digrinders, and trigrinders every 5 minutes when he plays single player. My Pinkal finds a grinder maybe every hour, and the grinder is only a mono. However, when we played together, I found about 4 monogrinders, 2 digrinders, and a trigrinder.

Usually, PSO takes your character's percent chance of finding that rare, averages it with the other players, and thats your percentage.

So, say your char. cant ever find a good Mechgun. Then you play with someone who finds tons of mechguns, but they're player 4. The percentage between you two will be the chance of getting that mechgun.

MaxBuster
Dec 15, 2003, 12:39 PM
Grinders are not considered rares. In your case, the grinders were due to luck.

VioletSkye
Dec 15, 2003, 12:40 PM
On 2003-12-15 04:13, PS2_Master0 wrote:
Actually, I dont think thats all true. I was first player, playing with my friend. His REDRIA finds monogrinders, digrinders, and trigrinders every 5 minutes when he plays single player. My Pinkal finds a grinder maybe every hour, and the grinder is only a mono. However, when we played together, I found about 4 monogrinders, 2 digrinders, and a trigrinder.

Usually, PSO takes your character's percent chance of finding that rare, averages it with the other players, and thats your percentage.

So, say your char. cant ever find a good Mechgun. Then you play with someone who finds tons of mechguns, but they're player 4. The percentage between you two will be the chance of getting that mechgun.

Sorry you are completely and totally incorrect. As I ALREADY stated, player 1 controls the drops ALWAYS. PSO NEVER takes your char's percent averages and averages it in with the other players. No offense, but please don't state something as fact when you have no clue what you are talking about. Thats how stupid rumors get started that the rest of us then have to spend time debunking. If you "think" the game does something a certain way, then say "I think the games does such and such" but don't state it as a fact.

Player 1 controls the drops, end of story http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

BTW, as I reread the post, it sounded kinda harsh. My apologies. Sometimes I make commects a little too matter-of-factly without trying to be slightly more diplomatic. What I was trying to say, is that many rumors get started because people start "freestyling" (as I call it) when it comes to giving info. By freestyling, I mean they just start making stuff up, that they think makes sense.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-12-15 09:49 ]</font>

Hrith
Dec 15, 2003, 01:29 PM
On 2003-12-15 09:40, VioletSkye wrote :
What I was trying to say, is that many rumors get started because people start "freestyling" (as I call it) when it comes to giving info. By freestyling, I mean they just start making stuff up, that they think makes sense.
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif so true.

And also Player 1 means Red Gem, not Controller 1.

Soukosa
Dec 15, 2003, 03:09 PM
On 2003-12-15 10:29, Kefka wrote:
[quote]On 2003-12-15 09:40, VioletSkye wrote :
What I was trying to say, is that many rumors get started because people start "freestyling" (as I call it) when it comes to giving info. By freestyling, I mean they just start making stuff up, that they think makes sense.
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif so true.
[/quote
Yep.

Multiplayer works just like how single player does. It only uses the settings of one player due to how the game is setup.

badbitz
Dec 16, 2003, 08:17 PM
that is a good idea though...hmmm...
nah it might not work because some players might be shunned because of an "unfavorable" ID. heh

trunkszero
Dec 16, 2003, 09:52 PM
well atleast my hypothesis was right, i was wondering y my pinkal found chain sawd in our multiplayer games

soccerdudegy
Dec 16, 2003, 10:22 PM
Well that would explain why my friends never let me be first player with my pinkal...

Kasumi19
Dec 17, 2003, 05:39 PM
On 2003-12-16 19:22, soccerdudegy wrote:
Well that would explain why my friends never let me be first player with my pinkal...

Well if your pinkal is in ult and they want high level techs it would be the best choice for that one. I am leveling my pinkal fomarl just so that she can find higher level techs. It all depends on what they are looking for.

Ketchup345
Dec 17, 2003, 06:01 PM
On 2003-12-17 14:39, Kasumi19 wrote:

On 2003-12-16 19:22, soccerdudegy wrote:

Well if your pinkal is in ult and they want high level techs it would be the best choice for that one. I am leveling my pinkal fomarl just so that she can find higher level techs. It all depends on what they are looking for.

Actually, I remember reading that Pinkal doesn't find the best techs. All IDs find level 30 techs eventually, and none sooner than others. Not 100% sure though.