PDA

View Full Version : Dont you hate it when...

DarkSoldier
Dec 15, 2003, 07:09 PM
Dont you hate it when yor looking for a rare weapon like a lavis cannon and you kill the monster that has it oan it drops a red box and its a Photon drop thaty happens to me a lot and its kinda p'ing me off.

Robo47
Dec 15, 2003, 07:16 PM
Oh yeah, really pisses me off. After 3 Hildetorr (for a Frozen Shooter) I got, in this order:

1=1973 meseta
2=Dimate
3=Photon Drop

CGoodness
Dec 15, 2003, 07:22 PM
I killed about 100 hildelts looking for a luminous field but didnt get one... 12 photon drops though.

Kupi
Dec 15, 2003, 07:26 PM
My first two runs of Soul of a Blacksmith looking for Pinkal's Luminous Field yielded three Photon Drops, all from Tollaw. X_x

ilr2000
Dec 15, 2003, 08:02 PM
*shrugs* A photon drop is a photon drop. You weren't going to find it anyway, so the fact that the item that dropped was a PD shouldn't make you feel any more disapointed than a dimate or meseta. When hunting a J-sword a Gi Gue dropped a red box, and of course it was PD. I said to myself "Alright!! A PD!!!! I need these things.." and went on my marry way.

Squeege
Dec 15, 2003, 08:49 PM
This actually happened to me today. After piping for my first Mil Lily and getting an all/resist from it in addicting food(my least favorite quest)I was pretty annoyed. So I went further in finding PDs along the way...further annoying me. Then near the end I see a Pan-Arms and I'm thinking "I wish I could get a red scorpio from the Hidoom" then I kill it and it leaves a red box. I'm all like "HOLY CRAP!" It turns out to be a photon drop....It was really annoying. Photon drops are pure evil offline.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Squeege on 2003-12-15 17:50 ]</font>

ladyjaderiver
Dec 15, 2003, 09:24 PM
I got PDs from three Nano Dragons before I got my Kasami Bracer. It was really annoying, because I was so sick of the caves by the time they even started dropping any rares at all...

Mindcooler
Dec 15, 2003, 09:33 PM
Photon Drops. Have gotten a couple of those, though I don't know what to do with them. Care to give me a hint?

Nai_Calus
Dec 15, 2003, 09:35 PM
Photon Drops piss me off. Even now that I can use them, they STILL piss me off. XD 70 pdrops total is great, until you consider how long I was offline... And that other than the last five or so, ALL of them were found offline. -_-;;;

I've gotten pdrops hunting for items off a normal monster, two Hildelts gave me Pdrops before I got my God/Battle, though so far I have never once gotten a pdrop from a rare nasty - Every red box that's eventually dropped was the rare. Whee.

Eihwaz
Dec 15, 2003, 09:49 PM
Official worst PD I've found. Redria Hildelt...T_T;;

Needless to say, when it dropped, my heart proceded to stop. X.x;

But, meh, I give 'em to my online friend for rare items and stuff. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Robo47
Dec 15, 2003, 09:59 PM
my first Hildelt rare was star amplifier.

Then I used it to make Twinkle Star.

kevlar_pso
Dec 15, 2003, 10:03 PM
I don't mind photon drops, they are usefull and I don't count on finding the ultra rares. If I did I'd just be settin myself up for a huge letdown. When I do see a red box, I wanna know what's in it. Even if I don't get it, I am happy for that person.

anwserman
Dec 15, 2003, 10:18 PM
To tell the truth, with Oran I HOPE TO GOD IT IS A PHOTON DROP!

At least I can use photon drops, unlike the endless supply of bloody arts, cross scars and silence claws. Though I just found a Cross Scar with like 45% hit and like 10% a.beast and 20% dark and I thought "I found a keeper!"

Hrith
Dec 15, 2003, 11:09 PM
On 2003-12-15 16:16, Robo47 wrote :
1=1973 meseta
2=Dimate
3=Photon Drop
I didn't know rare monsters could drop PDs, never happened to me (20 REDRIA Pouilly Slimes, 20 junk).

And yes, it is VERY annoying, PDs should come in yellow boxes (last colour not picked that we cannot mistake fo another, beside black or white which wouldn't fit for other reasons).

Delsaber
Dec 15, 2003, 11:23 PM
I was in ultimate seabed with my yellowboze hunter and a morfos dropped me a damned f-in' photon drop instead of a yasminkov7000v.

Riu_000
Dec 16, 2003, 12:47 AM
Last night when doing an offline temple, a belra dropped me a photon drop, it was supposed to be a yasha! ;_;

Soukosa
Dec 16, 2003, 01:54 AM
On 2003-12-15 20:09, Kefka wrote:
I didn't know rare monsters could drop PDs, never happened to me (20 REDRIA Pouilly Slimes, 20 junk).

I believe that anything that can drop a Monomate, can drop a PD.

On 2003-12-15 21:47, Riu_000 wrote:
Last night when doing an offline temple, a belra dropped me a photon drop, it was supposed to be a yasha! ;_;

That happened to me the other day. Only with a Melqueek instead.

joluh
Dec 16, 2003, 02:04 AM
On 2003-12-15 21:47, Riu_000 wrote:

Same... but i was Pinkal so not bad anyway XD