PDA

View Full Version : What lvl for Ult Ruins ?

Setunassa
Dec 17, 2003, 12:47 AM
I was just wondering at about what lvl a FOmar should attempt Ult ruins?
I have a lvl 93 FOmar currently and I can beat down the Ult Mines just fine and fast (unless I get stupid, careless, or both) and anything below that is a cake walk, but the Ult ruins just seem to be handing my ass back to me on a silver platter even with S/D/J/Z.

KaFKa
Dec 17, 2003, 12:48 AM
are you melee or casting?

Setunassa
Dec 17, 2003, 12:50 AM
casting

KaFKa
Dec 17, 2003, 12:57 AM
why are you having such problems then?

what level are your techs?

what armor/shield do you have on?

what wep are you using?

what mag do you have and what are its stats?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KaFKa on 2003-12-16 21:58 ]</font>

Setunassa
Dec 17, 2003, 01:06 AM
hmm....guess I should have posted that too,
all of my techs are around lvl 27-30, I've got a lvl 200 nidra 28/22/19/131, valient frame with wizard tech, 3 angle/mind ++, divinity barrier, no weapon, and overall stats are 398/276/860/117/645/12

I guess my problem centers around LIVING long enough to deal out the damage I'm capable of, Indi belras nealry one hit KO me and then I get finished off by whatever else is swarming around the room.

KaFKa
Dec 17, 2003, 01:11 AM
...hmm...

even though im not that much of a FO person, i would suggest this:

GRANTS
run
GRANTS
run
GRANTS
run
GRANTS

...you get the picture...

dont stand in a room and blast away, youre not going to be able to do that until youre well into the 120+ area with a FOmar.

if you're still having an issue with being able to dodge attacks, i would suggest making a HU and taking it to hard mode, you'll learn REAL quick how to dodge attacks correctly.

if you really want to beat the ruins that bad, taking the time to just run in and throw around some grants, thenrunning out shouldnt be that bit of an issue, other that it taking awile =/

so...

any more questions? lol

Setunassa
Dec 17, 2003, 01:22 AM
well the running around bit I can get, I still have the reflexes from my RAcast days (shoot, run like heck, repeat) but about the only thing I can tango with are the Arlans (and thier derivations), claws and delsabers, and a lone indi belra. chaos socerers kill me in one hit, and two indi belras do the same unless I can get lucky. guess I'll just have to do some lvling in the mines and quests to get my HP up a bit.

shinto_kuji
Dec 17, 2003, 01:26 AM
i actually have an exact same level fomar and ya, you either just need to do some leveling up or max out your hp mats. if you had a lv.101 armor that would help alot since your not too far from that level.

KaFKa
Dec 17, 2003, 01:27 AM
do you know how to resta shield?

that will make your life MUUUUCH easier, especially since you can see the gran sorcerer's uberness coming

Setunassa
Dec 17, 2003, 01:34 AM
isn't that timing resta just right to give yourself temp invincibility to attacks?
I've heard of it, but never put much effort into mastering it

KaFKa
Dec 17, 2003, 01:38 AM
FOs dont really have to worry about resta shield that much, but since i learned how to play with a HUnney, i masterd that REAL fast. if you want to be able to survive anywhere you need to master it. although some people think its an exploit or whatever, i think its a godsend (seeing as it has saved me literally thousands of times) so yes, put some effort into learning that little trick, it will pay off in characters to come http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

joluh
Dec 17, 2003, 02:55 AM
Tip:

Gizonde Sorcerors to destroy his Megid/Grants mag, Gifoie to destroy his healing mag = PWN j00 stupid Sorceror =D

opaopajr
Dec 17, 2003, 08:16 AM
i am not normally a gifoie fan but in the ruins that spell is incredibly helpful if you solo.

consider yourself lucky, FOmar on GC gets a bonus to that spell.

it's ability to be cast in a hallway and leak into the enemies room is a vastly useful resource. cast multiple gifoies, walk in the room, let the enemies rush towards your gifoies while your pelting with rafoies, when they get too close run away back into the hallway. seems cheap (i don't think so honestly) but since your lvl 93 it's a nice advantage. besides, why else would they have made it leak past barriers? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

also best advice is take it slow. there's no rush. if your speed leveling then i suggest hanging out in the mines more. but if you wanna run through the ruins for items don't worry about the minutes lost.

ps: it's always better to lose a few seconds (and honor - pfft http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif ) by retreating than losing a minute from having to pipe back down and run back to your place. you've no bushido code, retreat a little.

kingmurp
Dec 17, 2003, 09:06 AM
As useful as the Magic boosters are sometimes you gotta sacrifice them for hp boosts.

MaxBuster
Dec 17, 2003, 10:30 AM
Yeah, I also think you should equip your slots with some HP and DEF items. You're only 8 lvls away from 101, maybe you could try finding a better armor, something like a Guard Wave or Luminous Field, your DEF will skyrocket.

Asia_Skyly
Dec 17, 2003, 12:09 PM
My advice would be to try to equip the following IF you have them: Fire Scepter Agni, Gifoie Merge, Mind units.

As someone else stated previously, You can cast a few waves of Gifoie prior to entering the room, this will soften the impact. S/D/J/Z will be constant, so I suggest you have the J/Z in your quick casting menu. Since you are not using melee, I would save the remaining spots for Resta, Rabarta, Gizonde and Gifoie. (I prefer Rabarta to Gibarta, although you will do much more damage with Gibarta).

Patience is a must in the Ruins at your level. So stick by the doorwars. I dont forsee much of a problem aside from bringers, which are hard to kill regardless. Thank goodness they are weak to ice offline.

PaleKid15
Dec 17, 2003, 12:38 PM
To be honest, you NEED new units. Angel minds do just about nothing.(main purpose is to learn a tech earlier) and the wizard tech won't help much either. You should go get some dragon hp's/god hp's. They are insanely helpful for forces. D. hp's are easy to find (check drops, I think you can pipe them) and God/Hp isn't too hard to get (depending on ID). See if you can find any god/units (God/mind, God/body, God/technique or Devil/Technique).

What ID are you?

joluh
Dec 17, 2003, 12:53 PM
Yeah, take your time go and kill stuff like crazy on Mines and go to Ruins until lvl100

With my FOnewm i was on Ruins by lvl80ish i think, but no way, Indi Belras and Jumping Delsabers = i'm so death, i started to play until lvl100 =D, so easy

lvl30 Deband + lvl30 Jellen + FOnewm's Gi Techs Boosts ((FOmars get them too)) + Fire Scepter Agni = MUAHAHAHAHA and while helping Donoph i got my Sorcerer's Right Arm =D now Ruins are a joke, i got to falz but his Rabarta bug killed me, since i have 0, yeah 0 def on Ice and Fire... X_X and well my equip it's yucky exept for my Rod and my Units, but as soon as i hit lvl121 ((just 1 more lvl)) i'll use my DF FIEL with 4 slots ^_~ and i think that lvl30 Deband + FOnewm's boosts + Red/Blue/Yellow Merges + Summit Moon + Devil Technique + 3 Dragon Hp ((until i find my God/Mind)) = Falz gonna get owned =D

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: joluh on 2003-12-17 09:56 ]</font>