PDA

View Full Version : XBox: Hmmm..... So this is what happens on the GC version.

anwserman
Dec 17, 2003, 01:55 PM
Well, last night was my first time I was ever extremely verbaly assaulted by another character on PSO. I sat there and listened to what the person said, and it actually was kinda sad and disturbing at the same time.

Basically, I was in Devaburite 12, rappy hunting. I just finished my temple run when I left the ship with my HUmar, Mitch. (see sig.) Basically, when I was entering the lobby, some jerk saw my name and sat there insulting me. He used three different insults (with variations of each).... Gay, Black and Jewish. Of course, he used much more graphic words.

Yet, at the same time, there were like 15 other people in the lobby and I was the one being picked on. I had my mic off so he didn't hear my voice or anything (I could still hear) and that seemed to fuel his anger some more.

(Warning, some questionable langage is below [what he said] so, um, don't continue on if you don't feel like reading.)

"Mitch, what type of name is that f*****?"
"Oh, look the q**** isn't talking since he can't afford a microphone."
"He opens up ***************** for five cents and ************** with his father."
"Mitch must be a frickin n***** j**."

Yes, I don't remember what else he said, as I filtered most of it out of my mind, and the fact I did indeed voice block him after a little bit once I got sick of his needless insults. I've heard the GC version is bad with taunts or insults like this, but that is through text so there isn't anyway to filter out the text, or turn it off.

I did leave negative feedback for him (harassment, lewdness and threats) and it seemed to aggrivate him even more. "I'm to cool to be banned from X-Box live!" "You're just a faggot if you left feedback, because I don't care!"

Well, um, yeah, after I voice blocked him I started talking to the rest of the people (the lobby got somewhat quiet after I couldn't hear him any longer.) I simply stated that the person, whose name was Neil (a HUmar with pink hair mohawk, how funny) was obviously in a sad state if his only sense of enjoyment or to get self-esteem was to pick on people through the animousity of the internet. I also stated that he was probably living through his past childhood experiences... or known of stuff happening to his family and so on and so forth. He finally left the lobby after a couple minutes after I said that.

I did meet a really cool legit level 150 FOmar that I play with now. He was in the lobby commenting about Neil's questionable language and behavior.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-12-18 01:42 ]</font>

Kasumi19
Dec 17, 2003, 04:21 PM
That is pretty pathetic, but unfortunately it does happen on Xbox in certain lobbies. I know it is really bad on the Apatite ship as a whole. Davburite is usually ok, I typically hang out in Davburite, Celestite, or Epdote and typically do not choose blocks lower than 5. My worst encounter was when a (LD Varuna) was saying that since I was female that I should be on my back having ____ rather than playing PSO and you can fill in the blank as to the rest of that comment.

There are also certain groups of creeps as well. Most of the Taco People are really annoying. They usually have some name of name with Taco in it and all they do is scream in the lobbies how they love Tacos and if you say something to them about it they start insulting you in a variety of ways. I think they are a bunch 12-15 year old kids doing it to see if they can get a rise out of you. Don't give them the satisfaction of it.

I have also heard the 187 people are bad too, but I have not encountered any of them that have given me any problems.

If you are into challenge mode player I would suggest hanging out in Celestite 8 and there are alot of nice people there. I am one of those people that does not care of a person is a legit, a duper, or a hacker and I just look for the people that are nice and fun to play with.

Look me up if you want to. My gamertag is Kasumi19 and I have several characters I play on a regular basis for different purposes. If you see me there feel free to let me know and we can exchange cards. Here is a list of my characters.

Sarai-Ramarl
Arielle- Fonewearl
MaterialGirl-Hunewearl
Chibi Riese-Ramarl

Challenge Mode Characters
Romy-Hucaseal
Ayashi-Racaseal
Snake-Humar

Solstis
Dec 17, 2003, 06:32 PM
That sucks, when I go online I usually stick to myself... some people are idiots.
Personally, I would have challenged him to a duel.

Hey! Look for:
Solstis
Toldos
or
Alpha 380 online!

Saiffy
Dec 17, 2003, 07:59 PM
It is a shame that people have to be like that.

I've said it once and I'll say it again "Society Sucks!"

I have yet to run into someone that would just target one person like that, usually just people who turn on their GC and keep flashing annoying symbol chats in lobbies. Or saying stuff like: "Stop playing loser PSO, join EQ now!"

But I just have a close group of people I play with, so I don't really worry about it too much.

Black000Moon
Dec 17, 2003, 09:29 PM
yea answer or you could of also started swearing at him back.........nm........my ideas..........ugh

CGoodness
Dec 17, 2003, 10:10 PM
When I was online on GCN at my friends house (with my level 121 HUmar), I was called a n00b by some level 60 Characters because I had a legit Mag and was using a Yamato and they were using TJ Swords. So I left. People Suck, lol.

polishedweasel
Dec 18, 2003, 04:39 AM
Most internet kids are sociopaths. Just say something incredibly smart and insulting at the same time, and keep at it. Eventually, they'll see that they are the inferior, and they'll leave.

muff
Dec 18, 2003, 05:02 AM
Taking your anger out at some unsuspecting PSO player...

How pathetic.

He goes on PSO to unleash put his hormonal rage. OMG PH33R him.

Also on GC sure there are stupid Racists and Homophobic wannabes. However, is it really that insulting when someone calls you a "fag" over text when they've never met you to judge you? I like to laugh it off, and "try it on" with them just to piss em off. Or as polished said just outsmart them and humiliate them, not really that of a hard task.

-Luke-
Dec 18, 2003, 05:36 AM
Yeah, I can't usually go online, but when I have, it hasn't been all too good. The very first time I entered a lobby, in March, with my lvl 19 Greenil HUmar Luke, once I finished loading a ship, the screen exploded with little sieg-heiling nazi symbols. About 3 guys were talking about how to make the best Hitlers, swastikas and dead jewish people. I just thought it was sad. Someone in the lobby was screaming at them, but they just laughed at him. I said they were really sad, they all had high-pitched girly voices, so me and the other guy left for one hell of a game, with the parting statement of:
"Its sad just how angsty you are, is there really no other way to vent your childish little rages?"
Luke