PDA

View Full Version : Polar Stage?

Robo47
Dec 17, 2003, 10:15 PM
Honestly, who would have liked to travel a Polar level in PSO, it would have been fun! Sure you fight Sil Dragon in one, but i mean like do a sub-plot there. They have the towers in ep2, so why not a Tundra or Polar in ep1?

Hrith
Dec 17, 2003, 10:19 PM
Definitely, a friend of mine were discussing this over a year ago (DCv2), because the place you fight Sil look terrific.

ladyjaderiver
Dec 17, 2003, 10:22 PM
Yeah, I think there should be more climate variation in the stages.

soccerdudegy
Dec 17, 2003, 10:34 PM
Yea, that would have been very cool (no pun intended). I would have also liked to have seen a Better mountains region. It was more of like a hill, not what i expected when I went into it for the first time. But, it does have the best scene int he game I think when to stand at the end of one of the biggest cliffs. This is all IMO though...

Aunt_Betty
Dec 17, 2003, 10:37 PM
Polar? That would be fun. And more enimies.

RicoRoyal
Dec 17, 2003, 11:20 PM
Polar area... that would mean polor enemies.....

OH MY GOD!!!!!

FOIE FOIE FOIE FOIE FOIE FOIE!!!!!!!!!!!

(thinks about the posibilities)

*drools*

GuardianPoe
Dec 18, 2003, 01:39 AM
I was always of the opinion that Caves 1 on Ultimate should have been iced over... I swear, you get some fairly nice variations for all the other stages, and Caves 1 is almost exactly the same. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

OriginalLacan
Dec 18, 2003, 02:21 AM
wouldn't have been hard either. Swap the animated lava for reflective ice (ie; the same textures from the ice level on sonic adventure)
shift the red lighting to blue and viola.
Would've been great

RFB
Dec 18, 2003, 02:33 AM
What I would have really liked to see is the effect of the time passing by. a day becoming a night, slowly, and a night becoming a day, in EP1 Forest and EP2 Temple&CCA *Imagines a night in the forest, many people telling stories besides a fire made with a little wood from a nearby tree, while the moon is up there Illuminating the place with a silvered light...* Who would not love that!?!?!?

kingmurp
Dec 18, 2003, 02:41 AM
lol, snow man rappies, carrots for beaks and all. cuuuute

rena-ko
Dec 18, 2003, 05:34 AM
i say this for ages! snow!! falling snow that blinds you out sometimes! i want snow ingame! i want penguin rappies and icebear-boomas (yeah i know they're not living together in real life).

i even bought metroid prime mostly due the fact that it has such a veeery nice snowlevel.

-Luke-
Dec 18, 2003, 05:42 AM
And ice that makes you slip a bit, the snow could be made into a haze like Caves 1 in ult...
Luke

Dhylec
Dec 18, 2003, 12:47 PM
poor ST, they prolly got all worked up & didn't even bother with pallet swap or add new variations to ep1
i swear they could've modify enemies' pallets ep2 ult for more eye-treats http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Robo47
Dec 18, 2003, 03:02 PM
I have a story about this, its in fanworks, go read it if you wish.

kevlar_pso
Dec 18, 2003, 03:26 PM
Hmmm, full out polar stage huh? Well if I wanna go and do that I'll just go do it IRL! lol Takin down a wolverine is a boss fight in itself! Not to mention huntin Bowhead whales. @35 feet+ and just as many tons, that would take more than a 4 party group to defeat!
I've been whaling before, legal of course, it is my ethnic right. It is something else lemme tell ya. All u IRL hunters think you've had big game! lol

GuardianPoe
Dec 18, 2003, 03:53 PM
On 2003-12-17 23:33, RFB wrote:
What I would have really liked to see is the effect of the time passing by. a day becoming a night, slowly, and a night becoming a day, in EP1 Forest and EP2 Temple&CCA

When I first saw the screens for Version 2 on the DreamCast, with the forest at sunset, I thought they were implementing something like that I got all excited at the notion.

I should say, the Ultimate CCA area actually disappointed me the most... I played that one quest where it's nighttime on the beach, and figured the Ultimate version for the CCA was goin' to be night... but nope! :'(

Hrith
Dec 18, 2003, 03:58 PM
On 2003-12-18 12:53, GuardianPoe wrote :
When I first saw the screens for Version 2 on the DreamCast, with the forest at sunset, I thought they were implementing something like that I got all excited at the notion.

I should say, the Ultimate CCA area actually disappointed me the most... I played that one quest where it's nighttime on the beach, and figured the Ultimate version for the CCA was goin' to be night... but nope! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
Same, exactly same !

ILLI
Dec 18, 2003, 04:29 PM
What I would have really liked to see is the effect of the time passing by. a day becoming a night, slowly, and a night becoming a day, in EP1 Forest and EP2 Temple&CCA *Imagines a night in the forest, many people telling stories besides a fire made with a little wood from a nearby tree, while the moon is up there Illuminating the place with a silvered light...* Who would not love that!?!?!?

ILLUMINATING????..... Ears perk up http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/cat.gif

I agree.. icing over the caves would have been nice