PDA

View Full Version : My apologies

Mixfortune
Dec 18, 2003, 12:59 PM
OK, as you all may have noticed of late, my posts have gotten more... disrespectful.

I'm sort of in one of those bad times. I'm sure everyone has had them... and I know you know (or that most of you know) that I'm not always like this.

Some people have been saying I'm the new _J... I don't want to have to be like that.

I feel I have unintentionally insulted/offended the posters of FKL, stating that it is a "dumbed down version of Off-Topic" and that this is where "all the Off-Topic nonworthies go". I apologize. I have no idea why I'm acting the way I am now... it's not my normal self.

I know full well that the posters on FKL do not just stay on FKL. I know they can think and are capable of rational thought, more often than not more rational than my own. It just seems that the "good ole fun" we had while hanging around in FKL has gone down the gutter, but then again that's what's always said about anything, these days.

I didn't mean to offend/insult anyone with my statements.

I think perhaps my light sarcasm has gone too far this time.

My apologies. I hate being the bad guy.

Mixfortune
Dec 18, 2003, 01:05 PM
Maybe I should just... take a break or something... I don't know... :|

Mixfortune
Dec 18, 2003, 01:12 PM
I think DOG might have been the catalyst... >_>

KaFKa
Dec 18, 2003, 02:28 PM
no, youre just in one of those moods when everybody else needs to die.

you'll get out of it eventually

Allos
Dec 18, 2003, 03:00 PM
I died once. The doctor said it was because I read Jane Eyre. He's right.

DOG21313
Dec 18, 2003, 05:01 PM
On 2003-12-18 10:12, Mixfortune wrote:
I think DOG might have been the catalyst... >_>

I didn't mean to offend/insult anyone with my statements.

I doubt that. I come to FKL so I can forget about how everything in my real life is changing, mostly for the worse. I dont come here so I can get blamed for stuff.

Mixfortune
Dec 18, 2003, 05:13 PM
You aren't at fault. It's all my doing.
I think perhaps the style of your posts was just wrong for the moment, and I caught them at a bad time. That's what I meant by catalyst.

No hard feelings.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2003-12-18 14:18 ]</font>

Allos
Dec 18, 2003, 05:30 PM
Did you know that enzymes are catalysts? I say blame them.

Mixfortune
Dec 18, 2003, 05:31 PM
Instead of myself?
I wonder why everyone thinks I'm blaming them...
It's like everything I say is made to be EVIL.

Maybe it's my sig and avatar (most likely my avatar)...

LamerPanda
Dec 18, 2003, 06:01 PM
People that aren't worthy for *different forums on the same board*?

Ahahahaha.

Off-topic is just about as bad as FKL, with all of the similar topics and personal topics. Right now I see two PS2 topics and two FF7 topics...

...shame we don't have a forum for other games. o_0

Mixfortune
Dec 18, 2003, 06:02 PM
On 2003-12-18 15:01, LamerPanda wrote:
People that aren't worthy for *different forums on the same board*?

Ahahahaha.

Yeah, that's why I realized I was wrong... *cough*

Monomate
Dec 18, 2003, 07:02 PM
wow...that was unexpected...
i half expected to end up in a vicious flame war to the death after i said

oh yeah...you're the next _J...why do you even bother coming here Off-Topic nonworthy? FKL and FanWorks are the only reasons I hang around this forum. and yes, it is a point of pride. this is the only place where anything interesting happens...You might as well hang out in site related or tech support for all your attitude...frickin loser...

. Ah...i think i was a little too angry when i wrote that...what really set me off was the hypocrisy...calling us 'Off-Topic nonworthies' when you yourself are here with us...anyway. Whatever...apology accepted...(on my behalf anyway...the rest of FKL can accept on their own...)

Bradicus
Dec 18, 2003, 07:03 PM
On 2003-12-18 09:59, Mixfortune wrote:
It just seems that the "good ole fun" we had while hanging around in FKL has gone down the gutter, but then again that's what's always said about anything, these days.

I know what you mean. FK feels... static. Nothing new seems to be happening, and i often find that i have no urge to spam these repetative threads (let alone add something with substance).

I won't blame the new recruits, and it may just be me... perhaps we need a new _J to put a little spark back into this stagnant sesspool. meh.

Mixfortune
Dec 18, 2003, 07:07 PM
On 2003-12-18 16:03, Bradicus wrote:

I know what you mean. FK feels... static. Nothing new seems to be happening, and i often find that i have no urge to spam these repetative threads (let alone add something with substance).

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I won't blame the new recruits, and it may just be me... perhaps we need a new _J to put a little spark back into this stagnant sesspool. meh.

True, can't really blame the newer ones as a whole, since that would be unfair treatment. About the _J thing, someone would have to be willing to edge closer and closer to the everlasting sleep known as a ban. Could prove useful, though.

EDIT- And to Monomate: I think I might have meant Off-Topic nonworthy threads (not users) in my mind, but I realized later how that could be interpreted many ways, and that I didn't do a very good job of clarifying on that point. And the hypocrisy... yeah, I did sort of mean the posts I make here to be Off-Topic nonworthy... but I can only speak for my own posts. FKL is more like a reliever for me, where I don't have to worry so much about whether the funkiness is right for the thread.

We need something new... but anything new was seen as old... what could we do... *thinks*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2003-12-18 16:10 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2003-12-18 16:12 ]</font>

TheAlmightyNewbie
Dec 18, 2003, 07:57 PM
We could nail everything to the ceiling, then walk upside down with anti-gravity boots. >_>;;;

DOG21313
Dec 18, 2003, 08:07 PM
On 2003-12-18 16:57, TheAlmightyNewbie wrote:
We could nail everything to the ceiling, then walk upside down with anti-gravity boots. >_>;;;

Im with him ^

TheAlmightyNewbie
Dec 18, 2003, 08:49 PM
On 2003-12-18 17:07, DOG21313 wrote:

On 2003-12-18 16:57, TheAlmightyNewbie wrote:

Im with him ^

Whoo, support. I'll get the hammers and nails, you get the anti-gravity boots.

badbitz
Dec 18, 2003, 09:14 PM
anything is possible on the internet -_-

TheAlmightyNewbie
Dec 18, 2003, 09:17 PM
On 2003-12-18 18:14, badbitz wrote:
anything is possible on the internet -_-

Exactly! *hands you a hammer* start with that anvil over there in the corner.