PDA

View Full Version : GC: Antares 8?? What gives???

kevlar_pso
Dec 18, 2003, 01:40 PM
Isn't Antares 8 the official ship and block of PSOworld? What gives? Shouldn't that make us a community or somethin?
The other day I left a game and went back into the lobby. I was having a conversation in the lobby when somebody brought up the "N" word. I let that person know that I didn't think that that was appropriate, and that it was offensive. Just about half of the lobby errupted into every1 usin the "N" word and makin all sorts of racial slurs and usin graphic sexual flames towards me.
Sure that bothers me and is very upsetting. What I want to know is where is everybody that should have had my back? Am I askin ppl to engage in a heated argument for a half hour w/racist morons? No. Just for ppl to make a stand for what is right by sayin so.
I was so upset by this that I called Sega's toll free number to file a complaint. I am neither white nor black, I did not say what I was because I would have just gave them material to work with. Racism towards any1 is not right. The whole time I was on the phone w/Sega only 1 count them one person had my back. What gives? Is this our ship/block or what? Do I think that I am gonnachange these people? No. Should these people not be allowed in PSO? I think so.

heyf00L
Dec 18, 2003, 01:45 PM
What? Ant 8 a community? Sure, a community of immature cheaters/asses. You have a better chance of having a Lavis Cannon drop than finding an intelligent person on that block.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: heyf00L on 2003-12-18 10:46 ]</font>

kevlar_pso
Dec 18, 2003, 01:48 PM
Antares 8 is the offictal ship of PSOworld. @any given time there usually are more ppl on the MB here than there is on Antares 8. Where is every1 else playin online? Is it really just a majority of immature college kids and high schoolers online? Come on now.

Miki
Dec 18, 2003, 01:49 PM
You know what'll really get Sonic Team's attention? If the customer service doesn't help... Get some evidence of people being racists, and send it to a television station, and tell them that the company blew you off. That usually gets a company's attention faster than anything else.

shinto_kuji
Dec 18, 2003, 01:51 PM
ya ya... its been that way for as long as i can remember. the sad thing is that most of these people live in the same country as me. sure makes me proud to an american eh? theres not much you can do about it really... i mean you can be the wittiest person around, laying down the morons like no tomorrow, yet they will retort with things like, "STFU U n00b!!!1 I RUlE U fAG!!111! LOL!111!!!". then the general whole of the lobby erupts into, "LOLZ" and "L@L" and "ROTFLMAO!!!!11". sad, sad site it is...

HUnewearl_Meira
Dec 18, 2003, 02:14 PM
All things considered, it seems to me that PSO World should adopt a new ship/lobby. This all started one day when Vega went down, and ever since then, the complaining about Antares 8 hasn't stopped. How can a fan community have an official ship/block where no member of the community wants to go, for fear of being irritated by non-community members?

kevlar_pso
Dec 18, 2003, 03:20 PM
That is not a bad idea Miki. The next time some overt racist behavior or lewd sexual taunts are pointed @me I'll tape it, call Sega, and if I get the run around I'll send the tape in.

I agree w/HUnewearl_Meira, PSOworld does need a new ship. The only reason that there are so many ppl there is cause ppl gravitated there from oberon 1-1. . . . oops, that's DC days lol! Ya know where I'm comin from. You should start a new thread HUnewearl_Meira about establishing a new ship/block for PSOworld.

Corey
Dec 18, 2003, 03:45 PM
If you ask me,we should make a new PSOW block available to the psow members.
In order to keep it secret or somthing,we could make it that you would need 100 posts...(i guess,just my opinion)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Corey on 2003-12-18 12:45 ]</font>

Hrith
Dec 18, 2003, 03:51 PM
On 2003-12-18 12:45, Corey wrote :
If you ask me,we should make a new PSOW block available to the psow members.
In order to keep it secret or somthing,we could make it that you would need 100 posts...(i guess,just my opinion)
That's a good idea, indeed, except I'd rather have an arbitrary decision from mods (or other relevant member) to decide who should know about it.

As for now, you can just post in the player match-up forum, there : http://www.pso-world.com/viewforum.php?forum=8&7668

shinto_kuji
Dec 18, 2003, 03:51 PM
hm well, even if you do change it, the idiots that plague antares 8 will just migrate. they are attracted to places with alot of people...

ilr2000
Dec 18, 2003, 04:30 PM
On 2003-12-18 12:51, shinto_kuji wrote:
hm well, even if you do change it, the idiots that plague antares 8 will just migrate. they are attracted to places with alot of people...

makes sense in a way... since they give me the impression they only play this game to feel popular. If the lvl 200 hack was kept a secret, those who had it would AR a character to 200 and then go online pretending to be the real thing.. earning instant respect from other players (even tho they didnt earn it). Thats they whole idea behind alot of these cheats... so that people feel accepted and popular without earning it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ilr2000 on 2003-12-18 13:30 ]</font>

badbitz
Dec 18, 2003, 07:06 PM
A new ship..? Might i suggest one of the JP ones..?

KaFKa
Dec 18, 2003, 07:08 PM
altair 6!!!

badbitz
Dec 18, 2003, 07:16 PM
ya that works too

Link00seven
Dec 18, 2003, 09:00 PM
I like the idea of a new ship, but, like what was said, the idiots will probably just move...

Couldn't help to try it though...

GuardianPoe
Dec 18, 2003, 09:04 PM
Well, maybe at least a bunch of them would be lost in the mix. It is somewhat annoying to go into the lobby and see some idiot blasting off the same stupid smilie over and over again. I can appreciate people hanging around in the lobby to just converse, but... jeez. Some people have too much time on their hands.

Squeege
Dec 18, 2003, 09:35 PM
Too bad my normal solution for my problems won't work now, violence! But unfortunatly this isn't happening on a physical plane of existence.....just ignore that.

shinto_kuji
Dec 19, 2003, 12:57 AM
altair 2 or deneb 2! =S i think one of the jp ships would be better, actually. i mean, there is always alot of people there so not only would the morons not know where to look, but i hardly ever see many of them on jp. i think they are afraid of the jp people's superior intelligence... if a jp ship, i'd havta say alcyone 2 =p... i like the number 2 >.<;

OriginalLacan
Dec 19, 2003, 01:07 AM
PSOGC has issues with too many idiots on their block, and PSOX's block has been empty for weeks.
Interesting contrast...

rena-ko
Dec 19, 2003, 04:29 AM
block moving:
like pointed out above, this would most likely have no real effect.
even when people dont know about it, attentionwhores always join that ship with the most people on it.

then you cant change racism in the game because the social surroundings these days even encourage this.

then i dont think sega would do anything. maybe they just sue you when you send a tape to a tv channel. this tv channel most likely doesnt even know what PSO is and will not use it thinking that noone knows that either. also it may just be turned into some negative report with no positive effect.

maybe psow should abandon the idea of having an official block claimed. it wouldnt change a thing in the current status and officially psow could distant itself from all the things that happen on ant 8.

just my 2 eurocents.

Armok
Dec 19, 2003, 04:41 AM
I rememeber when on DC Vega players got bored and invaded the Battle mode block where a lot of decent players hung out. The fsod was every 4 minutes or so at one point. Big nightmare that

NOHspeak
Dec 19, 2003, 08:28 AM
Why don't you guys just use several ships and blocks? Instead of drawing a large crowd to 1 block/lobby, spread it out a little. I think by now, the various groups have "claimed" their areas already. And there are plenty of empty blocks left.

This way if any one place isn't "safe," players can just go to the other pso-world designated area(s).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NOHspeak on 2003-12-19 05:29 ]</font>

ADE
Dec 19, 2003, 10:47 AM
Antares 8 sucks.

It is an accurate reflection of the attitidues/personalitites/skill levels of MOST players on this MB.

shinto_kuji
Dec 19, 2003, 01:40 PM
ya well, thats why i think if it was moved, it would be best to move it to a jp ship. they wouldn't notice any difference between the regular jp blocks/ships and psow's since there are always people on jp. whereas on us ships, there really isn't too many blocks with people on it so it would be pretty easy to find psow's block. another point should be that i honestly don't think to many actual psow posters even go to antares8 so to the idiots there, it would be like nothing changed.

kevlar_pso
Dec 19, 2003, 03:10 PM
ok, instead of a permanent ship/block, we could have a different one either every week, or each month. Maybe the mods or whoever would be in charge of the PSOworld spot would send the location to ppl's PM? We could even have the games locked by a pass and have a different pass each week? There has got to be a way around the morons that inhibit Pioneer 2. Any other ideas? Is this a solution?

ILLI
Dec 19, 2003, 03:56 PM
Im sure there are many "morons" that you despise a part of psoworld.. heh..

things wouldnt change much in my opinion.. they would just subside for awhile then start again like antares 8..

gamer232323
Dec 19, 2003, 04:17 PM
I'm not online but i agree /w u
i do play starcraft online and there is a bunch of jerks cuzing and racila stuff and i boot them or leave
when i get online if i see you i'll back you up
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

BOmar
Dec 19, 2003, 04:50 PM
On 2003-12-19 10:40, shinto_kuji wrote:
ya well, thats why i think if it was moved, it would be best to move it to a jp ship. they wouldn't notice any difference between the regular jp blocks/ships and psow's since there are always people on jp. whereas on us ships, there really isn't too many blocks with people on it so it would be pretty easy to find psow's block. another point should be that i honestly don't think to many actual psow posters even go to antares8 so to the idiots there, it would be like nothing changed.

We should give this a try.
There would be no way for those idiots to find the block, unless ADE is right and they all visit this message board...

shinto_kuji
Dec 19, 2003, 04:54 PM
well, like said before, if we moved it then maybe everyone that should know about where it is could be PM'd. be kind of a hassle, though...

ABDUR101
Dec 19, 2003, 05:17 PM
Moving the official ship/block is a no go. Lamers will always go where the crowds are, and there is no way to only tell people who have 100 posts, because it would promote spamming, aside from the fact that people can talk and would just tell everyone until it got spread around and back to the lamers anyway.

Lord-Fatass
Dec 19, 2003, 07:14 PM
On 2003-12-18 10:45, heyf00L wrote:
You have a better chance of having a Lavis Cannon drop than finding an intelligent person on that block.

Sweet, I'm rarer than a Lavis Cannon. And I get 'em off Tollaws. Actually quite a few intelligent people on that block. All Legit, of course. The jackasses are all dupers, too lazy to type out full words and too lazy to find their own weapons. *sigh*

Iceninja
Dec 20, 2003, 12:36 AM
Sweet, I'm rarer than a Lavis Cannon. And I get 'em off Tollaws. Actually quite a few intelligent people on that block. All Legit, of course. The jackasses are all dupers, too lazy to type out full words and too lazy to find their own weapons. *sigh*

I get mine off of red slimes http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. You are right, though, there are a FEW of the legit intelligent people left there. Still a LOT of people that either stand there all day or spam some stupid smiley over and over, though.

Lord-Fatass
Dec 20, 2003, 12:18 PM
Yeah. Spammers are morons. Their parents should have kicked them out long ago.

JohanCC
Dec 20, 2003, 12:48 PM
Well, we should move our official block off of the US servers. It's better than doing nothing at all. Even if the idiots do follow, we should at least get some time of peace.

shinto_kuji
Dec 20, 2003, 01:26 PM
ya well, the idea has basically been shut down. curse you abdur! ok, but really... it wouldn't have done anything in the long run. there is no way to get rid of these people. they're like mosquitos, they are.

p.s.-we could still always do a test run sort of thing. just post on the home page that the block has changed to something else (you choose, jp ships be better off) and see if what everyone knows will happen, happens.

Corey
Dec 20, 2003, 02:34 PM
...actually,the mods & admins could spread the PSOW into like 3 diffrent blocks on 3 diffrent ships,which would be JP ships.I've been on JP ships recently,and have not seen many English people at all...in fact,the only english person I saw was my friend.o_O

Vejita
Dec 22, 2003, 03:04 PM
you can the think of the most empty lobby, of the most empty block, of the most empty ship, of the most empty country, but all those l337 8 year olds have to do is go and press X and see how many people are in the block, and when they find that ant. 8 is small, they'll go looking and find you.

JohanCC
Dec 22, 2003, 09:28 PM
On 2003-12-20 11:34, Corey wrote:
I've been on JP ships recently,and have not seen many English people at all...in fact,the only english person I saw was my friend.o_O

Well, that is why they're the JP ships.http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

burnningthings3
Dec 22, 2003, 11:33 PM
On 2003-12-18 21:57, shinto_kuji wrote:
altair 2 or deneb 2! =S i think one of the jp ships would be better, actually. i mean, there is always alot of people there so not only would the morons not know where to look, but i hardly ever see many of them on jp. i think they are afraid of the jp people's superior intelligence... if a jp ship, i'd havta say alcyone 2 =p... i like the number 2 >.<;

Ha Thats so true! I've meet tons of great people on the jp servers than on the U.S.

Hrith
Dec 23, 2003, 06:03 AM
I just wanted to tell everyone that I'm back online http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif In case anybody cares I'd be glad to see some of you http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif post here or PM me to tell me where you're all http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

_tsunami
Dec 23, 2003, 07:00 AM
please.. its because of this im recently starting to see some US jerks invading JP games and stealing items or asking for dupes..
the poor JP people are so kind natured they are helpless to fight back because they can't speak english.

why not go to EU ships..
I am with yous about the rude ones amongs yous not all US people are like that i am sure but the few which do those things make yous look bad.

I play with JP because i can speak JP but i've notice they have kinda developed a shun from US players now.. and naming yous gaijin (outsiders), because from the countless acts they have been inflicted on from gaijin that they are reluctant to play with any English speakers at all now.

Are there any US players that can play a game without asking for dupes or items at all???
JP seem to play more than trade or item talk.

MOTOROLA
Dec 23, 2003, 10:47 AM
On 2003-12-18 11:14, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
All things considered, it seems to me that PSO World should adopt a new ship/lobby. This all started one day when Vega went down, and ever since then, the complaining about Antares 8 hasn't stopped. How can a fan community have an official ship/block where no member of the community wants to go, for fear of being irritated by non-community members?

Ahh, that is a good idea. I belive that a lot of the people whom go to Ant 8 do not even know it is really a place that we supposedly come to play and chat.

kingmurp
Dec 23, 2003, 11:17 AM
All of the ideas and no action. Don't like antares 8 don't play there. Join a team play on a different ship. Want to meet forum members and not deal with to many spammers setup something in the player matchup.

shinto_kuji
Dec 23, 2003, 01:50 PM
-is all too familar with what tsunami said- thats what i like to call a very bad stereotype. i am getting sick of getting kicked out of games because im from the US. just because those immature retards gave us a bad rep doesn't mean we should all be shunned>.< the only time i can even join a jp team is if i have a jp friend with me who can tell them i don't cheat>.<

meh, i'm gonna start a poll on this and see how many people actually want to do it^-^

anwserman
Dec 23, 2003, 02:00 PM
Its much like how "Celestial Knights" decided it would be fun to use Celestite1 for their meeting lobby. It used to be a place where people could play without dupes, but its turned into where CK promotes using dupes, or thats what I've seen when I've played in their games.

Daburite is for me now.

Solstis
Dec 23, 2003, 02:12 PM
Yeah, I used to play on Celestite and Epdote, and there seem to be more jerks there than Apatite sometimes.

_Sinue_
Dec 23, 2003, 02:21 PM
Hey _Tsunami, I hate to break it to you.. but the Japaneese players have harbored a negetive stereotype of US gamers for quite a long time. Since the Dreamcast, and I don't doubt that some of them remember that it was US people who (after driving all of their US and EU victims away from the game) started invading JP ships and RSODing, NOLing, ect.

They've not liked American gamers for a long time, and the way most US people present themselves over there just doesn't help the situation any. I've played a few games, and I try to stay respectful. I use Word Select - and only when necessary. I pace myself if they're not as powerful. I don't touch ANYTHING that drops.. and I keep team support as a #1 priority. Yet, it seems that, every American gamer who will join after me (Seeing the E in my name as an invitation) is rude, obnoxious, and generally a piss poor player. I distincly remember one guy who was legit, but was still walking all over the team since he was quite a bit more powerful than anyone else in there... and he would constantly "LOL". I don't even think he knew I really spoke english.. since I didn't say one word to him the entire game, except for hello and a few curses/flames at the end for driving off all the JP players.

I dunno... I don't speak Japaneese, or know their customs... but it seems to me they largely play PSO in the same way I do. They play casually, out of enjoyment of the game. US gamers tend to be whores.. always in a race to clear out rooms the fastest - do the most runs per night - do the most damage - have the most items - and to hell with anyone who gets in their way.

Those two playing styles are NOT compatable.

Zalana
Dec 23, 2003, 04:15 PM
I don't have many problems with JP people they seem to rike me. Maybe it's my skill an love for the game. Yeah that's it. An me respect. ^-^

ABDUR101
Dec 23, 2003, 04:20 PM
The official block won't be changed, for the reasons that other sites/forums have their own official blocks and to go through and find all of them would be a pain, then all of our banners have our official ship/block already listed, so everytime it would get changed, all the banners would have to be updated as well, which is pointless because of the next reason: if lamers are going to troll around to all the crowded ships, it's pointless to keep moving the official block.

If you don't want to play on the official ship/block, thats fine, it's ok to go play on another ship/block if you so choose. Just use the player match-up forum to make it abit easier.

BonusKun
Dec 23, 2003, 04:26 PM
To be honest a lot of the smarter Ant 08 players don't stay on the 1st blocks anymore.

They usually conregate in the same ship but different lobbies away from the spamfest in the 1st lobby.

kevlar_pso
Dec 23, 2003, 04:39 PM
As far as settin somthin up in the player match-up forums. . . I suppose but there is more traffic here and all. I ain't gonna be on-line much over the next few days w/Christmas an all, but I say we should have a general meetin place every week or so. Sure the "official block" will be the same, but how many of us will claim that piece of PSO real estate? Not I. Sure there are jerks here, but I'd rather play w/these jerks than some of the jerks on Antares 8.

Maverynthia
Dec 23, 2003, 06:30 PM
I say we should have a general meetin place every week or so

I agree, even though officially the block will stay, there's got to be a better block out there for us rather than SPAM central Ant 08...

_tsunami
Dec 23, 2003, 06:42 PM
shinto_kuji hate the JPs if you want but you really can't blame them for shunning you, if you want to blame, blame the jerks which initially caused it.
I mean JP shunning away isn't doing anything wrong at all.. At least they are kind enough not to curse or swear like the US do.

_Sinue_ I wish there are more players like you, who are decent and respectful (so far haven't really met any E people like that yet). Most JP are fine with word select and sometimes you'll find JP players who can understand simple english.

some situations i find so different while playing with US / JP:

A red box/rare drop=
US : to them its finders keepers
JP : it gets dropped in the town and at the end of the game red boxes are shared and split.(doesn't always happen now if there are E players you know why)

Joining a game=
US : don't really ask if its ok to join only sometimes and suddenly asking if anyone in the game can dupe or the player brings in hacked weapons. Sometimes if in a JP game takes the pile of rares and red boxes in town that the JP left to share, when asked to drop them back they quickly leave.
JP : ALWAYS ask yoroshii desu ka meaning is it ok if i join.
Heads for the telepipe to help the team out. Leaves the items on the ground alone in pioneer 2.

The last game i had with E =
It was on a JP ship 2 E jumped in and 1 JP, i was going through the ruins with the JP when the 2 E telepipe down.. not only were they very unsuportive in team play they started to throw profanity at each other just because of some argument over duping hacking (one of them cheats), i asked them to stop politely serveral times but it eventually ended up in a chaotic argument than gameplay.... eventually the JP and i left.

Hrith
Dec 24, 2003, 08:13 AM
meh http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif nobody wants to play with me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

Nai_Calus
Dec 24, 2003, 08:34 AM
On 2003-12-24 05:13, Kefka wrote:
meh http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif nobody wants to play with me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

I'd play with you, but you probably wouldn't want me to. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I... Avoid the Japanese ships. Not because I'm racist or anything, but because my kanji reading stinks, my vocabulary needs a lot of work, and I just feel really uncomfortable not being able to talk to my teammates. Sure, there's word select, but it's only marginally useful in most situations. That, and I can't read the game names very well, even if I can it's usually full or there's 3 people in there, at least one of whom is a class I'm using or another FO or something, and making a game doesn't work either. TTF, I imagine, means absolutely nothing at all to JP players. Sure, I could find out the exact JP name of the quest, set my language to Japanese, and name it that way, but then we hit a snag as Word Select becomes useless. I can figure out how to -use- it for the most part, but anything that came in would also be in Japanese, and thus be either unreadable, or take too long to read to make it practical, for the most part. And then they'd think I spoke Japanese and try to talk to me normally, most likely, which would get even more akward(Not to mention my keyboard is screwy and I can't manage to get it to actually type Japanese, just the two english fonts and the PSO script, no matter what bizzare combination of keys I try to change the setting, so I have to use the soft keyboard for actual kana/kanji input. >_>; Same reason I haven't been able to get into c-mode. Nobody on US plays it that I've managed to come across and play with(C1 and C2 with friends, C3 with Vulpes and people I didn't recognize, which I FSODed immediately after). Sure, people play on Alcyone... But I'm not going to force my c-mode n00bishness on people who can't even properly convey to me if I need to go a certain way or step on a certain switch if I don't know what I'm doing and can't figure out from the map, and I can't properly ask for help. That would be rude as all hell. If I were experienced, sure, but as it is? No. Not by a long shot. >_<;

I avoid Antares 8 for the most part, unless it's early in the morning and nobody I know is on.(Right now, if I were to log on, I'd be joining Antares, since chances are high that nobody I know is on)

kevlar_pso
Dec 24, 2003, 11:50 AM
Ok ppls. After the New Year, we need to have a new PSO meetin place. We can use this thread or make a new one in the player matchup. Weekly or monthly? I'm leanin towards a monthly ship/block. We could have our own pass listed in the thread, new one each week. This way we all play together, get each other's cards and can share passes that way as well.

_Sinue_
Dec 24, 2003, 04:59 PM
ALWAYS ask yoroshii desu ka meaning is it ok if i join.

I'm going to have to remember that.. I knew you were supposed to ask permission to play, but I never could find the word select appropriate for it and didn't know how to ask in Japaneese. In v.1 and v.2, the Word Selects didn't change much - so you could play with it and learn it offline. With Ep II, it changes per situation - so it's hard to track down where everything is when you need it - if it's even available.

Normally, I jus didn't ask even in english, since I always figured it was kind of rude to go into a JP game and start talking to them in a language they didn't understand.

BTW: What's JP for Thanks and Your Welcome? I just end up typing a "n_n" or http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif smily to let them know.. and hope they caught on to my meaning. Generally, that's all I'll say in a JP game. Thanks, Your Welcome, and asking if I can play. Heh, hell that's about all I say in US games anymore. = /

LordDez
Dec 24, 2003, 06:46 PM
I'm going to have to try playing on the JP servers more (For reasons other than C-Mode). Right now the only reason I don't play there is because of the little 'E' after my name, plus I don't speak a word of Japanese. :/
If only I could find people like Sinue and Tsunami to play around with...

_tsunami
Dec 25, 2003, 12:35 AM
OK some useful japanese phrases :

Hello / hi = konnichiwa

Goodevening = konbanwa

Goodmorning = Ohayou

Thankyou = arigatou

Your welcome / no problem = iie iie ( reply to thanks not the welcome as in greeting someone )

Are you ready? = jumbi dekita? (use before entering the boss room)

Help me! / save me = tasukete kure

Go ahead use/take it = douzo (used as in telling someone to enter a pipe before you or take a item)

Where do you want to go = Doko ni ikitai?

Sorry = gomen nasai

Good work (everyone) = otsukaresama (used after clearing area or killing boss)

leaving / getting off = ochimasu

btw in JP they call EP 2 seabed as PLANT and not seabed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _tsunami on 2003-12-24 21:39 ]</font>

shifter
Dec 25, 2003, 01:00 AM
ill play with u if u want? itll be nice to go around with some people u can trust and r team players. anywho, i still go to ant 8, although not to lobby 1. thats where most of the asses r, apparently there not smart enough to figure that out, otherwise theyd ruin alot more peoples time. there r still a few good people left in that block and unfortunately, i think they dont know where else to go if they want to play with a large group, hell thats what i do. it defeats the perpuse of of playing by ur self online.

good luck to u in any action u take to remidy the problem, and i hope that it will work. frankly im getting tired of seeing the 'n' word myself, unlike u(well, most of u), i am black.

kevlar_pso
Dec 25, 2003, 02:53 AM
In a sense if we walked around our daily life and saw pl shoutin the "N" word, or callin ppl "crackas", "spics", "nipponese" and whatnot. I do not appreciate racism. Being of mixed heritage, and gettin it from both sides. This is the reason for this thread. We will have an unofficial spot to play also. It will get figured out and it will happen. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. U can have the Happy Holidays. lol Don't be afraid to say Merry Christmas! Just be who you are. There I go again w/my tired brain farts. . . . .

lol

Hrith
Dec 26, 2003, 11:04 AM
On 2003-12-24 21:35, _tsunami wrote:
OK some useful japanese phrases :

Hello / hi = konnichiwa

Goodevening = konbanwa

Goodmorning = Ohayou

Thankyou = arigatou

Your welcome / no problem = iie iie ( reply to thanks not the welcome as in greeting someone )

Are you ready? = jumbi dekita? (use before entering the boss room)

Help me! / save me = tasukete kure

Go ahead use/take it = douzo (used as in telling someone to enter a pipe before you or take a item)

Where do you want to go = Doko ni ikitai?

Sorry = gomen nasai

Good work (everyone) = otsukaresama (used after clearing area or killing boss)

leaving / getting off = ochimasu

btw in JP they call EP 2 seabed as PLANT and not seabed.
And all this, including "may I join you ?" is available in WS http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

And, kevlar, do you think it's a good idea to mention a new place to meet up publicly ?

Ian, why wouldn't I want to play with you ? are you that strong ? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Nai_Calus
Dec 26, 2003, 02:11 PM
Where do they hide 'May I join you?'? I've never seen it, then again, I usually use word select for the purpose of being ridiculous.

And I'm underlevelled for you and a filthy dirty dupe-using cheater. :razz: Of course, I'm not a stupid one... >P (Bad idea: Duped Dark Meteor with a couple 100s and 80% Hit. Good idea: Duped Spread Needle with normal, sane %s until you can get a legit one.)

I broke down and actually played on a JP ship the other day. Made an open game on Mintaka with my RAmarl and just sat down to start playing through. I did my best to be polite, dropped things I wound up with I didn't need/want on P2, didn't pick things up unless everyone else had looked at it without taking it, and generally did my best to make sure that everyone got their hits in and stuff. And then a RAcaseal with a Guld Milla and a Dark Meteor came. X_x; Who was not another gaijin, heh.

shinto_kuji
Dec 26, 2003, 05:42 PM
-reads over the last couple pages-

tsunami... i do not hate jp. i have no idea how you came to that conclusion... i have been playing with jp ever since v2 and some of my best friends are jp. i don't hate them for shunning eng people... i hate the eng people who made it that way.>.<

-directs traffic-
i have already set up a new block for all that want to come. its in player matchup and it should be getting stickied up pretty soon there._.

_tsunami
Dec 26, 2003, 07:06 PM
Sorry shinto i misunderstood the post of how you said you were sick of the JP shunning you just because you had an E on your nick.

Anyway where ever yous go eventually the cheaters will follow. I mean you can still stay on US ship go go in one that not many people go in and play with only the ones you have guildcards with (people you can trust). Maybe even youf JP friends can come over to the US ship and meet up with you.
Though that would be a surprise.. seeing JP on US.

Nai_Calus
Dec 26, 2003, 07:17 PM
On 2003-12-26 16:06, _tsunami wrote:

Though that would be a surprise.. seeing JP on US.

Bah, happened last night. Looking for St. Rappies, heh. They wandered over to the US ships. Hell, I saw actual JP people on -Vega-. XD

trunkszero
Dec 26, 2003, 09:44 PM
i just now got my bba and hunter's license, but if people our opposed to antares 8 then what ship is psow home ship/block

kevlar_pso
Dec 26, 2003, 09:56 PM
Publicly postin a new PSOWorld unofficial ship/block? Considerin that all of PSO does not come to PSOWorld, I would actually think that a small number of them do, I would not think postin an unofficial ship/block is out of order. Sure ppl may gravitate. But we can always change the spot.

Liquid_Bacon
Dec 27, 2003, 04:27 PM
On the Dreamcast we moved ships and people just followed us. The best thing to do is just ignore the people being idiots. Don't respond in ANY WAY AT ALL. Even if somebody is being a total idiot and directing hard insults your way, don't do anything. Play on as if they're not even there (Yeah, this takes restraint). It's the only thing that has worked before, and it's the only thing that will work now.

Corey
Dec 27, 2003, 05:16 PM
Well...there could always be a team in the Team Center to help with this thing...I just giving general Ideas,since I have not enough time to run a team...although me an my friend have been disscussing about this.

trunkszero
Dec 27, 2003, 11:16 PM
but theres these 2 people always spaming, 1 guy says how he's on his last day, the other names newbie tips

purhaze
Dec 27, 2003, 11:26 PM
I Rarely visit the ship/block any more because of most of the morons, but when i do, which is when no one i reguarly play with is on. i always switch to an empty lobby.

Webapprentice
Dec 28, 2003, 03:04 AM
Visiting that block usually caused a FSOD. o_o

Kadou
Dec 28, 2003, 12:37 PM
Alright, I only read 1 and 1/2 pages, but here's the first idea that came to mind: Why not change servers every week or month? Not only that, but we could spread out over more than one server; maybe two or three. The mods could announce which servers we're using every week/month via PM if they have the option to PM everyone at once, or simply by posting it on a new sticky here. I think someone mentioned making private games. Passwords for this could be distributed in the same manner that the current servers would.

Heh, and to think that I'm not even online yet.

kevlar_pso
Dec 28, 2003, 05:40 PM
[/u]JP:Aldeberan:2[/u] Is a possible solution for an unofficial PSOWorld block. The thread can be found in the player match-up forum. I was there the last time I played. I just wanna get away from the general population of morons. Plus I play the Xbox version more now anyways. So that helps a lil I guess.

kevlar_pso
Dec 29, 2003, 04:10 AM
Any1 here on the MB playin or gonna play? A few of us had labeled JP:Aldeberan:2 as the "unofficial PSOWorld ship". I'm about ot play for a few hours, so if any1 wants to join. I'll be in an Ep. II ULT game.

PatserGOUKI
Dec 29, 2003, 08:45 AM
On 2003-12-18 10:45, heyf00L wrote:
What? Ant 8 a community? Sure, a community of immature cheaters/asses. You have a better chance of having a Lavis Cannon drop than finding an intelligent person on that block.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: heyf00L on 2003-12-18 10:46 ]</font>

LMAOOOO Well lets go then Antares 8 Lavis cannon HUNTING!!!! hehehehe

PatserGOUKI

Nai_Calus
Dec 29, 2003, 01:57 PM
On 2003-12-29 05:45, PatserGOUKI wrote:

LMAOOOO Well lets go then Antares 8 Lavis cannon HUNTING!!!! hehehehe

PatserGOUKI

You need to go hunting? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

_Ted_
Dec 29, 2003, 02:23 PM
On 2003-12-23 13:26, BonusKun wrote:
To be honest a lot of the smarter Ant 08 players don't stay on the 1st blocks anymore.

They usually conregate in the same ship but different lobbies away from the spamfest in the 1st lobby.

Sounds good to me. I the mods do like the idea of changing the ship then why not just stick with Ant 8 and go to lobby 6 or something?

kevlar_pso
Dec 29, 2003, 02:38 PM
They have decided not to change it, but unofficially, therre are those of us that have chosen Aldebran 2 on the Japanese ship