PDA

View Full Version : Is it safe carrying two weapons simetaneously?

Zinger314
Dec 20, 2003, 04:33 PM
Topic. Because if you FSODed (or occacional power surge), you would lose your unequipped rare item, obviously.

TheAlmightyNewbie
Dec 20, 2003, 04:37 PM
On 2003-12-20 13:33, Zinger314 wrote:
Topic. Because if you FSODed (or occacional power surge), you would lose your unequipped rare item, obviously.

Just dupe a copy and toss it in the bank.

Zinger314
Dec 20, 2003, 05:09 PM
And if you can't dupe...(Shop Patch on Xbox version)

drizzle
Dec 20, 2003, 05:22 PM
Put all your unequipped items in the bank before leaving a game...

Zinger314
Dec 20, 2003, 06:22 PM
That's not what I mean. What I mean is, if you brought a sword and a handgun to Falz, how would you preven the risk of losing the unequipped item?

TheAlmightyNewbie
Dec 20, 2003, 06:23 PM
On 2003-12-20 15:22, Zinger314 wrote:
That's not what I mean. What I mean is, if you brought a sword and a handgun to Falz, how would you preven the risk of losing the unequipped item?

You can't, really... it's a risk you'll have to take, I guess.

RaikoStormX
Dec 20, 2003, 08:08 PM
i was wondering the same thing

Deus-Irae
Dec 21, 2003, 04:59 AM
i allways carry at least 2 weapons. ive been playing for a long time, so all of the weapons are top of the line.

but i do not dupe.

when i leave a game to go to the lobby, log off for the night, etc. i allways try and remember to bank all unequipped items. that way, if i FSOD im covered.

there is allways the chance that i could FSO ingame, in which case i would lose all unequipped weapons. but its part of playing online and a risk im willing to take.

there are allways weapons to fall back on, and new weapons to find. its all part of the risk vs. reward challenge that a good hunter has to go through.

if i lost a good weapon (and i have), id be pissed. but finding and using really good weapons that i have fought hard for make the game worth it to me.

or you could allways just dupe. but thats the cheapass way of doing it (in my opinion). http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

noob-of-fury
Dec 21, 2003, 05:33 AM
all shall run from the overlord ST, their FSOD and corrupting of data has gone too far! They must be stopped!

(I'm still bitter about today... lost 290+ rares... including my sealed j-sword and real agito... my first day online too... arg!)

kingmurp
Dec 21, 2003, 06:43 AM
Risk it, it's a game the worst that can happen is FSODX. I usually carry two weps. Sure I miss all that was FSOD'd away from me, but you're not to usefull to the team only using one weapon.

Raziel_Kai
Dec 21, 2003, 08:03 AM
I think you have to take the risk if you're playing online.
I have lost a very precious weapon given to me by a special friend and lost it due to a damn power outage (doing one of the Tower quests). It was also the highest hit% weapon I ever had, but I can't do anything about it.

I prefer using my main weapon (rare usually) thru the level and if I find a nonrare to fill up the kind of weapon I need (gun if im using only melee, etc) then I take it (I can also use the extra cash for dimates or moon atomizers at the end of the level run).

For safety I got myself a surge protector/UPS that lasts at least for 15 minutes. I've got the TV and GC hooked up (not the cable modem to it, I'll explain why soon) so in the event that I get my power down, I can quickly get out of the game and not lose anything. Since my cable modem needs a power supply and we all know that if you're online and you physically disconnect the BBA/modem cable from your GC, you get DCed and therefore, save as you quit to the main screen.
Without hooking the cable modem to the UPS, if I lose power at home, I won't lose my stuff.

About duping stuff? yuck...
My solution isn't cheap, but it has worked a couple of times.
Of course, it doesn't prevents ingame FSOD, but I'm just hoping I can evade that with a little luck.

Just my two cents

CGoodness
Dec 21, 2003, 09:26 AM
Yea, FSOD's suck.. First time online for me, I lost the Rati I had been raising for a really long time.

rena-ko
Dec 21, 2003, 10:48 AM
use expendable weapons:
rayguns, vulcans with not that special hit (but high enough to be of use - 30 or so for example).

get one chara to level 151 and if you see nice 50 hit weapons in shop, buy a dozen (yeah, that would be the only way to legitly dupe weapons *laughs*).

MFGouken
Dec 23, 2003, 02:29 PM
If you want to risk FSOD like a lot of Legit players I know who run around with a lot of wepons on them then go ahead. I just stick to one wepon, if I want another I just pipe up and get it, better safe than sorry.

heyf00L
Dec 23, 2003, 03:02 PM
I won't let FSOD ruin my fun. I always have at least 3 weapons on my HUney: a gun (usually mechs), a Twin Saber/Sword, and a Sword/Partisan.

Armok
Dec 24, 2003, 09:31 AM
When online i use things i have found multiple times like chainsawbs and vulcans 40%hit

Wufei
Dec 25, 2003, 12:30 AM
No it's not safe, but if you really want to carry multiple weapons, make sure they can be easily replaced. For example, a friend of mine has carried 0% Asukas (easily obtained from the Pinkal Barba Ray) and Charge Vulcans at the same time before.

MagnumOpus
Jan 1, 2004, 04:08 PM
i usually carry 4 weapons...

Vulcan
Sword
Slicer
Handgun

I take the risk carrying all of them in the game...but its worth it to fight effectively/efficiently.....I would be bitter if I were to lose them to FSOD, because they are all legit, even though not uber uber rare, but I found them fair and square...The only time I have lost items due to FSOD was when I left the game before putting items back in the bank, never ever again will I be so foolish

Peace love and hair grease!

CHEERS!

Butoden
Jan 1, 2004, 04:17 PM
I also wear 4 weapons and some I dont even use http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif Then again I ain't on-line so it's pretty safe for me anyways...

darthsaber9x9
Jan 1, 2004, 06:53 PM
when i get online again, il just dupe em and stick em in the bank. i know that dont help you. er...everyeon else has the advice u need

Aziangangster
Jan 1, 2004, 07:06 PM
Well my advice is when u get Fsod pull the plug out that connects to ur broadband and your modem. It sometimes work and sometimes doesnt. Thats wat i usually do when i get Fsod. It sometimes saves me from losing alot of rares. When u get Fsod try it wat do u got to lose.