PDA

View Full Version : GC: Episode 1 & 2 Plus in USA?

Dark_Sora
Dec 20, 2003, 08:36 PM
Do anyone know if PSO ep1 and 2 PLUS is coming fo USA??????

Arislan
Dec 20, 2003, 09:19 PM
No announcement of it, and given it's nature (not really much in the way of updates) the likelyhood of Sega finding it fiscally sound is near-nil. I wouldn't bet on it.

It is nice not having any blood flicker and having the Photon Blasts spin like they used to. Now the doors are all flickery though. Tradeoff I guess.

Link00seven
Dec 20, 2003, 09:42 PM
Sega hasnt said anything about PSO EpI&II Plus in the US, so who knows.

Also, this should be in EpI&II General http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

*moves*

CGoodness
Dec 21, 2003, 09:34 AM
I think they should, I, being offline only, and I'm sure many other offline players want to to all the online exclusive stuff. It would make them money, and that's all Sonic Team cares about, right?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CGoodness on 2003-12-21 18:12 ]</font>

joluh
Dec 21, 2003, 12:14 PM
On 2003-12-21 06:34, CGoodness wrote:
I think they should, I, being offline only, and I'm sure many other offline players want to to all the offline online exclusive stuff. It would make them money, and that's all Sonic Team cares about, right?

Yeah, i'd pay for playing the plus version... man i hope they will bring it to us, we'll pay sonic team, we will!!!

Barubary6
Dec 21, 2003, 09:36 PM
The bugs that are fixed are the best part! *has yet to FSOD*

-- Barubary

muff
Dec 21, 2003, 09:56 PM
On 2003-12-21 18:36, Barubary6 wrote:
The bugs that are fixed are the best part! *has yet to FSOD*

-- Barubary

*Has FSODd*

Man Im worried about this game, I havent found a rare in any quest yet and Ive done 50+ quests. DC days back? Also whats with gibbles giving 51 exp in Ultimate?

Barubary6
Dec 21, 2003, 09:59 PM
The other versions of the game give you more than 51 EXP for Gibbles in Ultimate?

If you or anyone in your team have a hacked mag (higher than 200), you will not find any rares until you power off and on again.

-- Barubary

CGoodness
Dec 21, 2003, 10:02 PM
On 2003-12-21 18:59, Barubary6 wrote:
The other versions of the game give you more than 51 EXP for Gibbles in Ultimate?

If you or anyone in your team have a hacked mag (higher than 200), you will not find any rares until you power off and on again.

-- Barubary

.. That's awesome lol.. It actually makes it so you can't find rares if you have hacked stuff equipped?

What's this about Gibbles giving 51 EXP in Ult? Doesn't it give like 900?

muff
Dec 21, 2003, 10:05 PM
On 2003-12-21 18:59, Barubary6 wrote:

-- Barubary

1.) I never noticed the Gibbles thing, must of automaticaly of visualised 500+.

2.) OMG that is awseome. I wish that was implemented online actually. Not that I have a hacked mag, I've been using my very own teal rati. *Shrugs*

Could you post a complete list of new content, please http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Barubary6
Dec 21, 2003, 10:08 PM
On 2003-12-21 19:05, muff wrote:
2.) OMG that is awseome. I wish that was implemented online actually. Not that I have a hacked mag, I've been using my very own teal rati. *Shrugs*

Could you post a complete list of new content, please http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

It *is* implemented online. Except that a hacker can ruin it for everyone else until they reboot (and without them knowing!), it works great.

I don't know what's new in Plus other than assorted bugfixes.

-- Barubary

muff
Dec 21, 2003, 10:16 PM
On 2003-12-21 19:08, Barubary6 wrote:
It *is* implemented online. Except that a hacker can ruin it for everyone else until they reboot (and without them knowing!), it works great.

-- Barubary

Hmmm so that's why...

Ive been playing a lot of TTF lately and all I've seen drop are Photon Drops.

So let me get this straight, if one player on the team is using plus, it sends data to the server to stop rares dropping, consequently stopping all drops for everybody. Although that is abit harsh, it's pretty dam cool. Could this no just be applied to the domestic versions with an update to the servers?

At least I play TTF for the Experience and not the rares. Another excuse to lock myslef in games.

have you noticed any graphical updates with the snapshot function. In my Opinion they seem more sharp and clearer.

Example: http://www.inf.tu-dresden.de/~s5730271/rena/genbu/0009-chillininthecaves.jpg

With these changes in mind, I don't know why they dont make this a perminent change, IE: Stop making glitchy copies and replace them with plus. I mean, why bother selling "damaged goods" when you have a better version at your disposal.

EDIT: Does this also mean that if somebody uses a 300 dark bkb in my game that I'll lose out on drops too? I mean everyone uses one of those in open games these days.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: muff on 2003-12-21 19:29 ]</font>

AppieDPC
Dec 22, 2003, 07:53 AM
That Gibbles glitch is an offline glitch, it does give the right amount of exp online, but offline they forgot the code somewhere for the zero between 5 and 1 so he would give 501 exp. This bug was already present on 1.1 or was it 1.0? Funny that they still didn't find it or forgot to patch it.

Jack
Dec 23, 2003, 05:05 PM
The only two versions with the fuzzy snapshots are JP V1.0 and US. All other versions have the sharp and clear ones.

Delsaber
Dec 23, 2003, 05:11 PM
I get more than 51 exp for Ultimate Gibbles offline..

ilr2000
Dec 23, 2003, 07:28 PM
I get 51 exp from gibbles offline, and I'm on the standard US version of PSO.

That thing where they disable rare drops when hacks are detected... doesn't that seem... out of the way? If they can detect hacked items, can't they just delete them?

KaFKa
Dec 23, 2003, 07:34 PM
On 2003-12-23 16:28, ilr2000 wrote:
I get 51 exp from gibbles offline, and I'm on the standard US version of PSO.

That thing where they disable rare drops when hacks are detected... doesn't that seem... out of the way? If they can detect hacked items, can't they just delete them?

something i pondered myself...

ILLI
Dec 24, 2003, 10:11 AM
Barubary... can you plz explain the hacked mag and item drop thing a little more??

Im a little confused on when i should expect rares or not expect rares when someone in a public game has these mags equipped..

also.. do any other items in the game cause the same results as the hacked mags.. ie red ring, blue ring, green ring, etc

thanks

Jack
Dec 24, 2003, 12:16 PM
On 2003-12-23 16:28, ilr2000 wrote:
If they can detect hacked items, can't they just delete them?

Then they get hundreds of people whining about their items disappearing. It's better to deter people than to cut things off outright.

-Geshtar-
Dec 24, 2003, 12:28 PM
What good would this game do in Japan only? The USA is the main source of trouble anyway, so dont the users here need to use this copy instead? Why would ST punish there loyal JP players for stuff they dont do?

The_Enforcer
Dec 24, 2003, 01:13 PM
According to volume 176 of Nintendo Power, Ep 1&2 Plus should be coming out here about the same time as Ep3... Then again, it IS Nintendo Power...

Ketchup345
Dec 24, 2003, 03:25 PM
On 2003-12-24 10:13, The_Enforcer wrote:
According to volume 176 of Nintendo Power, Ep 1&2 Plus should be coming out here about the same time as Ep3... Then again, it IS Nintendo Power...

Page 126:

PSO Episode 3 is GC only, and PSO Plus will be coming the same time.

HUnewearl_Meira
Dec 24, 2003, 03:51 PM
On 2003-12-24 09:28, -Geshtar- wrote:
What good would this game do in Japan only? The USA is the main source of trouble anyway, so dont the users here need to use this copy instead? Why would ST punish there loyal JP players for stuff they dont do?

The very existence of this version of the game is to prevent further sales of JPv1.0. We've yet to see anything more than rumors on whether or not we'll ever see it here.

RadHaz
Dec 24, 2003, 05:45 PM
If I buy PSO Plus, will it play on my US Gamecube? If so, can it be played in English?